• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people selling foils right away? I guess people are pretty confident that the market will only get worse, even post Summer Sale?
As time goes on and even more people play and buy Card supported games, the market will saturate.

In fact I think the only healthy card market I've seen is DmC's, and that's probably because the game was $25 instead of like $3.75 or free.

hom3land

Let me explain why I have no clue what is going on. I rarely load up Steam. I load it up when some ridiculous sale is happening to buy a game I will probably never play. Especially since I only purchase games that are mac compatible.

I bet there are a lot of users like you.. That's why I'm thinking the card market will upswing after the sale... Or everyone realizes how stupid they are and continues as it is.

maneil99

So I am market ristricted till the 22nd, should I sell all my cards or are values going to go up after the price for games return to normal?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I am market ristricted till the 22nd, should I sell all my cards or are values going to go up after the price for games return to normal?

I don't see game cards going up at all, or at least by any meaningful amount. The market has well and truly hit rock bottom and the games themselves will still occasionally go on sale, if not on Steam itself then certainly elsewhere.

Grief.exe

UPDATE: Got what I needed.

Looking to trade cards, I haven't had any luck in the trading card thread during the sale. Is it even in the OP?

Have
Bioshock Infinite
Reus
Kerbal

Need
Tomb Raider

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ok. I'm glad I am not the only one.

Here is a quick rundown (of what I know):

- Supported games drop 'cards' for playing/idling
- They either drop 'booster packs (set of cards), an individual card, or a foil(rare) card
- Then you can either keep it to craft a badge, or you can sell it on the market
- On the market, you can usually get somewhere around .10-.20 cents depending on what it is
- Foil cards go for much higher
- It is literally free money. Those cents add up.

jediyoshi

I'm just ignoring the cards, they go completely over my head. it's like its own little F2P game within steam. I don't get it.

If there were a universe in which f2p games existed and could be used with the sole benefit of making you money, the world would be a happier place.

Idle in games -> get cards -> sell cards -> get money.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmmm, is there a hypothesis regarding price of cards - like if it's from a popular game, surely they'd be on the .20 cent range right? Since while Skyrim cards are on that range I find it weird that Civ V cards are on the 14~ish range.

I'm just ignoring the cards, they go completely over my head. it's like its own little F2P game within steam. I don't get it.

You're absolutely correct but it's far simpler than you may think. Basically if you own any game with cards and you play it, you earn cards gradually for that game. Each game with cards offers you a certain amount of drops (cards you can get by playing the game). You earn a card. You go to your inventory. You sell the cards. Done. That's how simple it is if you don't want to bother with the cards. The explanation above goes into what you do if you want to keep the cards but is slightly more complex. The simplest solution is just to sell them on the marketplace.

EDIT: Gif form; this should highlight both how simple it is and how quickly standard priced cards sell:

cardsexplained2dpjdd.gif

Hmmm, is there a hypothesis regarding price of cards - like if it's from a popular game, surely they'd be on the .20 cent range right? Since while Skyrim cards are on that range I find it weird that Civ V cards are on the 14~ish range.

It seems like for the most part the more drops a game has the less valuable the cards are. Skyrim seems to be an exception to that though.

Grief.exe

Both Registry apps for Batman: AA and Baman AC GOTY editions were just updated with a new beta build.

Both games have the same build, titled qa_69257 and with the same decription CL#69257.

Its the first time I've seen both apps updated at the same time. I will actually see both Batman: AC and Bioshock 2 get updated around the same time though.

They are adding achievements to both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AA, and possibly removing both GFWL and Securom.

Check this thread for more info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

fatty

Any more expansions for Civ 5 planned?

I don't know if I should go ahead and upgrade to Gold for $5 or wait since I probably won't get around to playing it yet.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Both Registry apps for Batman: AA and Baman AC GOTY editions were just updated with a new beta build.

Both games have the same build, titled qa_69257 and with the same decription CL#69257.

Its the first time I've seen both apps updated at the same time. I will actually see both Batman: AC and Bioshock 2 get updated around the same time though.

They are adding achievements to both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AA, and possibly removing both GFWL and Securom.

Check this thread for more info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom