• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
After being kinda bummed out by Diablo 3, what's Torchlight 2 like? Worth buying?

If you've played the first Torchlight, it's similar to that but with a lot of improvements.

The world is bigger, the dungeons are more varied, and the skill trees are a bit more interesting. I find the combat in the Torchlight games to feel a bit stiff, so I don't play either of them as much as other games in the genre.

My favorites right now are Path of Exile (free to play) and Titan Quest(cheap in the Steam Sale)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of off topic: but are there any games like euro truck simulator but with cars?
I like the simulating part, the gear shifting and the driving around in the real world, but trucks arent really my thing

The original Mafia is probably the closest.

cicero

Kind of off topic: but are there any games like euro truck simulator but with cars?
I like the simulating part, the gear shifting and the driving around in the real world, but trucks arent really my thing

You would rather haul loads of tomatoes in sporty convertibles or eco-friendly electric cars?

If anyone is interested in Civ V the base game is cheaper in Nuuvem right now U$4.49. Civ V Gold Edition is going to be discounted Monday for the price of U$8.05 if my calculation is correct. They are steamworks.

Cool, I just got my first foil. XERSES from System Shock 2. I have no idea who that is, but he will make me $2. Also, I really need to actually play System Shock 2.

Damage so far:

Bastion
Chivalry
CS: GO
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
FEZ
FTL
Grand Theft Auto Collection
Hotline Miami
Mount & Blade Collection
Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2
Terraria
Torchlight 2
The Witcher 1 and 2

cicero

You jsut reminded me of the original Mafia, prompted me to search on Steam and nothing...

My list is now two. games not on Steam that need to be on there:

SWAT 4
Mafia

I would love to finally have SWAT 4 in digital form. Better on GOG than Steam, but Steam would be great too. I ended up having to buy a cheap disc version on Amazon last year.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You jsut reminded me of the original Mafia, prompted me to search on Steam and nothing...

SWAT 4
Mafia

Yeah, I believe Mafia was pulled due to a licensing issue.

I am still baffled as to why SWAT 4 hasn't been put on steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It should tell you how much fee is added before sending your money to someone. They will a be a confirmation screen telling the total you are sending. Make sure its fee come out of your bank account and not the balance of the person you are sending to, so the person doesn't take a loss.
That's good to hear, the fee won't be a surprise then. I'd be paying with my credit card, not bank account though.

You always pay a fee from Argentina to other countries, $ 1 U.S. dollar should cover it.
Thanks. Around $11 for both games sounds fine to me. I may PM him then.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Have they announced a "no shit" expansion pack for XCOM? I figured they would just keep doing small DLC.

I don't think they've announced anything more for XCOM. The Slingshot DLC seems like it came very quick after the game, and the last update was the Second Wave options that they added for free.

cicero

Not tomatoes but something like documents for a corporation or something
I just want to drive around from london liverpool or something

I actually like that idea. Just the ability to drive on authentic roads. I would also like a Mirror's Edge style game where you are a bike messenger in NYC.

Grief.exe

I feel like this kind of got burried

Would you like to have a conversation about the gap between numbered Battlefield sequels and how gaps can change to benefit marketing? :p

I'm being sort of facetious, but I do think the next Firaxis game will probably be Civ 6.

That totally makes perfect sense, which is exactly why I think they are going to try to rush the next Civ game.

It would go against historical precedence and good business sense, but there is a possibility. Who knows what 2K will make them do?

Their next project will be another iteration of XCOM, Civ VI won't be for a while.

http://kotaku.com/5992126/could-this-be-a-new-xcom-game-in-the-works

Before debuting a teaser trailer for the game during a PAX East panel today, designer Jake Solomon said, "It's big," noting that "we're not going to be able to talk about it for a while."

There'll probably be an Xcom expansion somewhere between Brave New World and 6 but yeah, I can't see their next full game being anything else.

Based on what exactly?

Martian

I actually like that idea. Just the ability to drive on authentic roads. I would also like a Mirror's Edge style game where you are a bike messenger in NYC.

Yeah, there needs to be more mellow games that are actually not terrible. That bike messenger idea sounds pretty cool too!

Copenap

I'm gonna wait with my wallet damage post till the end of the sale, I'm afraid there is still more to come (looking at you Prison Architect).

Btw, when does the sale end exactly? I know it says till the 22nd but what time and which timezone?

Ok, few quick questions.
I will appologize in advance because im sure it has been asked already.

So i have left both Hotline Miami and Metro Last Light idling on the main menu's for the last three hours, but I do not believe I have received any cards - so A) where would I see if I did receive any cards and B) can I get cards by leaving the games running like this? I thought I seen someone post that this works earlier in this thread.

Grief.exe

I'm gonna wait with my wallet damage post till the end of the sale, I'm afraid there is still more to come (looking at you Prison Architect).

Btw, when does the sale end exactly? I know it says till the 22nd but what time and which timezone?

10 am Pacific on the 22nd is my guess

Ok, few quick questions.

So i have left both Hotline Miami and Metro Last Light idling on the main menu's for the last three hours, but I do not believe I have received any cards - so A) where would I see if I did receive any cards and B) can I get cards by leaving the games running like this? I thought I seen someone post that this works earlier in this thread.

I got a better question. Why aren't you playing those games?

Prophane33

Btw, when does the sale end exactly? I know it says till the 22nd but which timezone and what time?

eastern timezone at 1 on Monday I believe.

Ok, few quick questions.

Check your inventory or your badge page
http://steamcommunity.com/id/*your name here*/inventory/
or
http://steamcommunity.com/id/*your name here*/badges/

Divius

Ok, few quick questions.

You should think about playing them, they are pretty fun.

Ok, few quick questions.

Just alt+tab out

SWAT 4
Mafia

Ya know how to read my subconscious. Swat 4 and Mafia. I'd love to play em both again for a reasonable price. $20 for Swat4 on amazon? Fugg that.

Eternia

Games bought so far:
Monaco
Ys 1&2
Mark of the Ninja
Endless Space Gold
Gnomoria
Spiderweb Humble Weekly Bundle

Money Spent: $30, saved $4 from card sales.

Hows the sale been treating you so far, folks?
So far, I've picked up:
Sonic Hits Collection (just before the sale) - $7.49
Ys I & II - $5.09
Chivalry - $18.74 (4-pack)
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate - $4.99
Trine 2 Complete Story Upgrade - $1.24
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion + Soundtrack - $11.24
Dark Souls - $7.49
Sleeping Dogs DLC - $2.98
Tomb Raider Underworld - $0.80
Super Hexagon (gifted by dot - thanks again!)
Half Minute Hero (gift) - $2.49
Fallen Enchantress (trade) - $7.10
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (trade) - $3.61

Total - $73.26

Probably my biggest sale ever (with a few things left to buy at the end) and I didn't spend any new cash. Hooray for Steam credit!

Fireblend

Banned
Let's see, I got ( *= gift/won ):

Dark Souls
Mark of the Ninja*
Strike Suit Infinity
System Shock 2
Dishonored
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Tomb Raider Collection
Hotline Miami
FTL: Faster Than Light*
Stealth Bastard Deluxe*
Poker Night at the Inventory*
Magical Drop V
Antichamber
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC
Fly'N

Slacker

Very tempted by Monaco but waiting to see how much Prison Architect will cost tomorrow.

Seeing Train Simulator on sale makes me wish someone would scoop up Railroad Tycoon and bring us RT4. What do you say, Firaxis?

Please only enter if you will actually play the game (and don't own the iOS version) since it's quite cheap anyway, thanks.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-44C7413B928C617D - Taken by Fireblend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom