• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoG

Guessing this is the lowest we'll see Skyrim DLC this sale. Is any one better than the other (Dawnguard vs Dragonborn)?

Seriously considering Star Trek. It's probably nothing fantastic but it's newish and that price is cheap. Plus I like the vibe of the movies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So far, I've got:

Euro Trucking SIMZ 2 4 REAL
Chivalry
Fez
Gnomoria
Hitman Absolution Proffessional
Universe Sandbox
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
Deadlight
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
Deus Ex: HR and it's DLC
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
The main 4 DLC for sleeping dogs
Monaco

$71.82

Banned
As a guy who never played a DmC game but enjoyed the PS3 demo of the reboot, should I buy DmC at 50% off or wait till 75%? (It started 33% then went 50% then back down to 33%)

I've picked up:

Mortal Kombat 9
KOTOR
KOTOR II
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Mugatu

Seriously considering Star Trek. It's probably nothing fantastic but it's newish and that price is cheap. Plus I like the vibe of the movies.

I haven't played it but the reviews I saw said it was very glitchy especially if you played solo. Not sure if that's been fixed yet but heads up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Lost Planet has never gone below $7.49, ever?

Get with the program here Capcom.

I recall it being $5 during the GMG Summer Sale, since I was thinking about buying it, but found out apparently it was given to people who pre-ordered Resident Evil: Revelations in the US late (as it released in the US earlier than Europe and the pre-order tier was only topped after the US release, and those who pre-ordered Revelations got Lost Planet late). But on GMG, it was around $5 and I was thinking of buying it.

mclem

Y'know, I'd quite like to know the reasons for the increasing length of time for cards to be awarded for purchases. It's five hours now since I made my last purchase, and delivery was damn near immediate early on.

I doubt peak times now are significantly more busy than peak times a week ago, so why the huge delays now? I'm wondering if there's something degrading behind the scenes, something like the card database at a size where simple lookups and additions are taking a ridiculous amount of time.

Forgive me for asking because I know it's been answered before but it's probably buried somewhere...

The Civ 5 Gold expansion upgrade... is that deemed a necessary purchase?

Thanks!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Ah! Monaco's back! I need to get that. Ah, but my credit card isn't being accepted again for some reason. Curse you confusing credit problems on steam! Just let me buy Monaco :'(

El Odio

Banned
Forgive me for asking because I know it's been answered before but it's probably buried somewhere...

The Civ 5 Gold expansion upgrade... is that deemed a necessary purchase?

Thanks!
I've give you the short version of what I've told everyone else who asked this. YES!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I have one extra copy of Monaco, so contest time. Best MS Paint drawing of a heist gets it.
inN2PTju5Gmo0.png

"I'll be taking this, thank you."

...The fiancé wants to go see Pacific Rim in like an hour, so that's the best I'm gonna do! Peace ouuuuut.

EDIT: Ahaha, figures I take too long and miss the deadline.

bengraven

Holy fucking shit, I was wondering why it seemed like Baha had every game I had.

977 games?!

And even more shocking, a 30% completion rate!?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bah, Vsync wasn't the problem. I'll keep looking around. It's not unplayable, but it bothers me, especially since I'm playing at 60fps.

Chavelo

Damage done so far:

Rayman Origins
Monaco
Counter-Strike: GO
Hotline Miami
Surgeon Simulator
Mark Of The Ninja
Castle Crashers
Evoland
Serius Sam 3 BF3
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Still looking to get Rogue Legacy, FTL, Fez and Street Figher X Tekken. Hoping people will remember my birthday is coming up. :p

chixdiggit

inN2PTju5Gmo0.png

"I'll be taking this, thank you."

...The fiancé wants to go see Pacific Rim in like an hour, so that's the best I'm gonna do! Peace ouuuuut.

EDIT: Ahaha, figures I take too long and miss the deadline.

I don't even understand how this is possible in MS paint. I mean I can make some art in Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator but this seems impossible to me in Paint.

I actually picked it up a physical version on Amazon for like $3.50 and had the company email me the code.

That version of the game is actually Steamworks.

Colonies Edition is GFWL.

Any real reason to prefer the Colonies edition over the vanilla one, if I don't plan on apending time in MP?

And at this point I am more or less sure the Lost planet games will not go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom