• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
My to buy list:

Rogue Legacy ($11.99)
Van Helsing ($7.49)
Rayman Origins ($6.09)
The Book of Unwritten Tales ($6.79)
Bully ($3.74)

Problem: I only have $22.55 left to spend.

Sacrifices must be made.
Don't get Rogue legacy. It will go down eventually. The rest of them are around $24 combined.

I see that skyrim legendary edition is 40% off but not the base game.

Steam you so crafty

I want the base game but not all of the DLC right now since I planned on picking that up during the winter sale. Now I guess I get to wait to buy the whole thing

antitrop

ipwKipoZE2CuV.gif
I think you're right, too. But XCOM: EU is a must-buy, either way.

EDIT: Buy Rogue Legacy now. It's in my top 5 for the year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, got a Walking Dead booster pack. And yet another Football Manager and Prison Architect card...

If anyone has a spare Skyrim or Tomb Raider, I'll gladly trade it for my BioShock, FM, PA or Reus.

Dambrosi

Banned
You're better off buying the older game, it's better AND it's cheaper.
I got X-COM: EU for FREE
with PlayStation Plus
. Try getting anything cheaper than that.

:p

Anyway, looks like my sales are over - zero dinero to my name-o. So, barring a Street Fighter X Tekken or Rogue Legacy 75% off sale that I'd have to mug old ladies to afford, or KOF XIII coming out just after the sale ends, here's my damage.

Bought from Steam:

Strike Suit Infinity
Magical Drop V
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (...finally)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass (for cheaper than Tiny Tina's DLC on its own!)
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack (now I have all the character types - wheee!)
FTL: Faster Than Light
Darksiders II Season Pass
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
Sleeping Dogs Ghost Pig Pack (free)
Sleeping Dogs: HD pack (free)
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
Dungeon Hearts
Mount and Blade: Warband (...again, finally)
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (TRIPLE DIP!!1!!1!!)
Magicka: Free Jolnir's Workshop (free)
Forge (I had a 75% Off coupon, so I couldn't resist the poetic irony of getting a 75% discount from a 75% off flash sale. I don't even care if it's bad, it was 75% off 75% off! :lol)

Won from ModBot (so far):

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Oil Rush
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
Hunted: The Demon's Forge (on an unrelated tip, I'm SO glad I decided on this instead of Rogue Warrior, which was in the same giveaway. Excuse the bad joke, but I dodged the bullet on that one)

Bought from outside Steam (Green Man Gaming, GetGamesGo, Dunderhassan Ltd., etc.)

Bioshock Infinite
Ys I and II Chronicles
Alpha Protocol (been looking for a cheap Steam key for this forever)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I got it for FREE
with PlayStation Plus
. Try getting anything cheaper than that.

Did you fail economics?

Paying money for a service that allows you access to a selection of products on a scheduled interval does not make those products free.

xBlain

Nice, got a Walking Dead booster pack. And yet another Football Manager and Prison Architect card...

If anyone has a spare Skyrim or Tomb Raider, I'll gladly trade it for my BioShock, FM, PA or Reus.

I've got an extra Tomb Raider card that i'm willing to trade for your Bioshock card.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You got an inferior game though, so that evens it out.

How so? Serious question because I was considering the PC version. But already have the free* PS+ version.

Is it just due to lack of mod support? Because from what I can tell there aren't many noticeable graphical advantages.

Grief.exe

My to buy list:

Rogue Legacy ($11.99)
Van Helsing ($7.49)
Rayman Origins ($6.09)
Bully ($3.74)

Sacrifices must be made.

In all honesty, you aren't likely to get through all of those games before one of those tiles goes on sale sometime down the line.

For example, if you pick up Rayman, Bully, and Van Helsing you likely won't have beaten all of those before Rogue Legacy or Unwritten goes on sale during a midweek madness or something.

FACE

Banned
How so? Serious question because I was considering the PC version. But already have the free* PS+ version.

Is it just due to lack of mod support? Because from what I can tell there aren't many noticeable graphical advantages.

You misunderstood me, what I said was XCOM:Enemy Unknown is inferior to X-COM: UFO Defense . I wouldn't know anything about the PS3 version of EU nor about how it compares with the PC version.

I don't think the PC version of EU has a lot of mods, from what I've read it's actually kind of a bitch to mod.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You misunderstood mean, what I said was XCOM:Enemy Unknown is inferior to X-COM: UFO Defense . I wouldn't know anything about the PS3 version of EU nor about how it compares with the PC version.

I don't think the PC version of EU has a lot of mods, from what I've read it's actually kind of a bitch to mod.

Ah, cool thanks.

Anyone else have any feedback regarding the advantages if any over the PS3 version?

Salsa

Ah, cool thanks.

Anyone else have any feedback regarding the advantages if any over the PS3 version?

of the new XCOM?

just typical PC advantages

1080p and above, 60fps, etc

rarely enough I wouldnt even call kb/m an advantage in this case even with the type of game it is. I played it with a gamepad and found it better.

and yeah football is dumb, futbol aint

FACE

Banned
of the new XCOM?

just typical PC advantages

1080p and above, 60fps, etc

rarely enough I wouldnt even call kb/m an advantage in this case even with the type of game it is. I played it with a gamepad and found it better.

That's because the interface is kinda terrible.

Salsa

That's because the interface is kinda terrible.

I dont think it's terrible, I think its clearly designed for consoles

I guess we ended up on the loosing end a bit because of that, but honestly it feels like an alright marriage of making it console-focused without it being annoying on PC

like, the interface did what it was supposed to do for what the game is. I dont think a better one would have really benefited the game

Caerith

Because, as he said, it will go down. I decided, I will wait & spend my 15 bucks on several older, other games or maybe Prison Architect - dependend on the discount.

Well, your call. I only wait for discounts on games I don't plan to play immediately.

Isn't Prison Architect still in alpha? So whatever discount applied to it, you're going to pay more than you would for the finished game.

I was talking about Frozen Synapse with octagon for some reason and man I really want Frozen Endzone to come out already

268x268.resizedimage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAx2rLBE-B8

I dont even like football
I didn't know this was a thing. I loved Frozen Synapse (even though I couldn't get very far in it because it is pretty hard), so I'm looking forward to this.

Dambrosi

Banned
Did you fail economics?

Paying money for a service that allows you access to a selection of products on a scheduled interval does not make those products free.
Oh, fine then, Mister Fussy Pants. I'll go and fix it for you.

I got X-COM:EU for A SMALL FRACTION OF A NOMINAL (AND, AT THE TIME, HEAVILY DISCOUNTED) SUBSCRIPTION FEE with PlayStation Plus. Try getting anything cheaper than that

As for you, FACE, how the hell would I know? It's my first X-COM game!

My to buy list:

Rogue Legacy ($11.99)
Van Helsing ($7.49)
Rayman Origins ($6.09)
Bully ($3.74)

Sacrifices must be made.

I fully expect Rogue Legacy to have a much better sale than this at some point this year.

cicero

:lol

Relax man I was kidding.

I disagree though. A friend gave me the first XCom and holy shit I hated it. The new one is cool though.
You hated it? How unfortunate for you. It still remains one of the greatest games of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom