• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
In thousands of years, historians are going to look back at the US civilization and be so confused about this.
I imagine it went something like:
- "Hey we need a name"
- "A catchy one... Got it! How about "football", like that other game?"
- "But this game doesn't even has a ball in it!"
- "... No one will tell the difference"

the second person is Cave Johnson, obviously

buffdudesrunball
but it's not even a ball XD

Soccer is only a major sport in countries that are former and/or non-empires.

American Football is boring.
LOL, good one

and yes it is :p

Dammit, I hate people who do this.

2bf40b1040ce45ac787dc717888feab7.png

Wait.... you mean to tell me that there's a guy who is selling his intangible pixels for TEN CENTS less than another guy?

Those bastards! This makes me so angry I want to vomit :(

Caerith

You hated it? How unfortunate for you. It still remains one of the greatest games of all time.
I have the first X-COM (bought the bundle years ago) and booted it up when XCOM: EU came out. I think I played maybe 10 minutes before calling it quits. It might be the better game, but it's fairly obtuse and all google results for "how to play x-com" came up "RTFM." So, maybe when my backlog hits single digits.

liezryou

Wait.... you mean to tell me that there's a guy who is selling his intangible pixels for TEN CENTS less than another guy?

Those bastards! This makes me so angry I want to vomit :(

Games are intangible pixels. Steam is an intangible piece of code. Why are you in this thread? Hell why are you on GAF?

I saw this a couple of days ago:

EichBHO.png

I hate the Steam community so much.

Me too. Selling a trading card for nearly £6 more than it's market price is sickening. It makes me sad that there are so many members of the so-called Steam "community" who will readily take advantage of their peers for a few quid.

Games are intangible pixels. Steam is an intangible piece of code. Why are you in this thread? Hell why are you on GAF?

Lol wut?

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

How do you people still not understand how this market works in all these months. This is how it goes. They undercut the price so it sells, not to spite you no matter what you think otherwise.

Caerith

I know, and it was like 4 dollars wasnt it? :C
Different mistake. It was like $4 in Brazil when it was first available for purchase, then it came out and they accidentally discounted it (only like -33%) during the summer sale, then they rectified their mistake and apologized to everyone who paid full price (and/or $4) by giving them free copies of Civ 4.

Seeing as they stated that BNW being on sale was a mistake, it is unlikely to be anything other than full price for a good long while.

derExperte

Why isn't Inversion a bigger thing on GAF while everyone loves (for example) Binary Domain? Sure, the beginning isn't all that great but the game gets craaaaazyyyy. Not going to spoil anything but the last third is just one amazing sequence after another. And damn are some of the weapons brutal, everyone's screaming and losing limbs around me. Glad I finally picked it up. Only problem is that it crashes to desktop from time to time.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Me too. Selling a trading card for nearly £6 more than it's market price is sickening. It makes me sad that there are so many members of the so-called Steam "community" who will readily take advantage of their peers for a few quid.

Lol wut?

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

I know there were a couple times where I meant to put a card on sale for something like $0.33 and I accidentally put it at $33 or $3.3

FACE

Banned
Because it was designed for consoles.

Which makes it terrible for a PC game :p

As for you, FACE, how the hell would I know? It's my first X-COM game!

Rectify that: http://store.steampowered.com/app/7760/

Never heard of XCOM until recently so I grabbed EU. I like it. Why is the first one superior?

You can have multiple bases and aliens can invade your them. Action points, the combat interface is better(yes, really), randomized maps makes UFO Defense a lot more replayable than EU, inventory management(YMMV) and I prefer the way the old game handles alien spawns. If I recall correctly, in the new game you have some aliens walking around the map and reaching certain areas of the map spawns a few more aliens while in the old games the aliens would always be walking around the map(not sure if this is 100% true).

I dont think it's terrible, I think its clearly designed for consoles

I guess we ended up on the loosing end a bit because of that, but honestly it feels like an alright marriage of making it console-focused without it being annoying on PC

like, the interface did what it was supposed to do for what the game is. I dont think a better one would have really benefited the game

Unfortunately, the nterface and camera controls annoyed the hell out of me.

cicero

How do you people still not understand how this market works in all these months. This is how it goes. They undercut the price so it sells, not to spite you no matter what you think otherwise.

I don't think anyone has been saying it was something directed at them personally, only that it ignores basic common sense and logic and bottoms the market out. I have been watching the prices of numerous cards/emoticons and seen someone come in and list it at 50-500% below the current going price while people are actively buying at that price. It makes no sense, people are stupid.

Shepard

Different mistake. It was like $4 in Brazil when it was first available for purchase, then it came out and they accidentally discounted it (only like -33%) during the summer sale, then they rectified their mistake and apologized to everyone who paid full price (and/or $4) by giving them free copies of Civ 4.

Seeing as they stated that BNW being on sale was a mistake, it is unlikely to be anything other than full price for a good long while.

You can get it from GMG for 30% off.

I was going to wait till 75% (same price I bought Gods and Kings), but since I knew you can transfer food between your cities I've been reaaally tempted to buy it, this is a killer feature right there.

RedSwirl

Did I miss the flash or daily on Rogue Legacy or something? I'm starting to lose hope of that ever happening.

Same for Kentucky Route Zero. Those are basically the last two games I'm waiting to grab.

Dambrosi

Banned
Why isn't Inversion a bigger thing on GAF while everyone loves (for example) Binary Domain? Sure, the beginning isn't all that great but the game gets craaaaazyyyy. Not going to spoil anything but the last third is just one amazing sequence after another. Glad I finally picked it up. Only problem is that it crashes to desktop from time to time.

Rectify that: http://store.steampowered.com/app/7760/

You can have multiple bases and aliens can invade your them. Action points, the combat interface is better(yes, really), randomized maps makes UFO Defense a lot more replayable than EU, inventory management(YMMV) and I prefer the way the old game handles alien spawns. If I recall correctly, in the new game you have some aliens walking around the map and reaching certain areas of the map spawns a few more aliens while in the old games the aliens would always be walking around the map(not sure if this is 100% true).
Goddammit, so cheaps, but no monies. Time to sell some cards, methinketh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom