• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
I AM VERY CASUAL GAMER. i AM CHEAP GAMER. MY COMPUTER IS NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH. i WANT GAME THAT WILL LAST LONG TIME. \\ANY RECOMMENDATION. i CAN NOT SPEND MONEY MORE THEN 8 DOLLARS.

Never has a username/tag combo been more relevant.

Let's see. I think Civ V is an obvious answer unless your computer can't run it, because it can last you for the rest of your life. You could also buy 3-4 indie games, using Toma's most excellent thread as a reference as well. You own all of the games in The Orange Box already, yes? Also, Rayman Origins if your computer can handle it.

Some recommended indies:

FTL (this can last you forever)
Hotline Miami (somewhat short)
Bastion
Critter Crunch
Rochard
Pid
Toki Tori 2 Plus

El Odio

Banned
Is there a Monaco four pack going on with 2 spaces open or would two people interested in one? Me and my nongaf buddy are looking to get it.

Zia

Haha, yep, I just hooked up a controller now and I'd absolutely concur with you. I was expecting it to control like a top down shooter typically would as opposed to using the analogues or triggers to go left to right. For the iOS version, are you playing it on an iPhone/iPod or an iPad if you wouldn't mind me asking and if you've tried it on both, is it equally as enjoyable on both?

I've played it on both, but I think iPhone is better for high level play. You need to unfocus your eyes and follow information along the edges of the screen, which is easier to do on the phone. Despite understanding that, when I first played it on Steam, I was trying to play it full screen on a 27-inch iMac. I was having soooo much trouble for about fifteen or twenty minutes before I kind of slapped my forehead, reverted to the tiny window and proceeded to grab all of the achievements in about seven minutes. So yeah, little screens rock for Super Hexagon.

Kinyou

Man, really enjoying The Witcher right now. At first I had trouble getting into it because presentation wise it is miles below Witcher 2 but the story and writing really dragged me back in.

GFWL.

Would you also like me to explain to you why it's not even a game worth playing at all?
I could imagine that it's at least bearable. I played five minutes of it on the Xbox and had to stop because of the horrendous framerate.

Thanks all for the Super Hexagon talk. I think the consensus is that the PC version is similar in quality to the iOS version. I guess the price-point is the tiebreaker for me personally, so I'll bite come the 22nd.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I AM VERY CASUAL GAMER. i AM CHEAP GAMER. MY COMPUTER IS NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH. i WANT GAME THAT WILL LAST LONG TIME. \\ANY RECOMMENDATION. i CAN NOT SPEND MONEY MORE THEN 8 DOLLARS.
sUPER HEXAGON.
\\dEUS EX.

EDIT:
Those aren't casual games. If you describe yourself as, 'a very casual gamer,' then you will likely hate those games.

Of the games on sale right now I would say Bully, Portal 2, or Rayman.
You're right. Crazy Monkey should strike Reus Deus Ex from the list, at least until he becomes VERY HARDCORE GAMER.

zychi

Banned
Relisted all my cards and undercut the lowest sold price by .01. Made a good 19 bucks! No idea what i want to buy now tho :/

Trials: Evolution port report:

it's... totally fine?

I mean sure it looks kinda crummy but im hitting 60fps easily with no drops, so far at least

gtx 680 2gb
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz

also the intro music might be the best thing Ive ever heard
It's so awful, that you can't help but love it.

Those aren't casual games. If you describe yourself as, 'a very casual gamer,' then you will likely hate those games.

Of the games on sale right now I would say Bully, Portal 2, or Rayman.

Eh to be honest I dont play CSGO competitive much ever. It is always minigames with friends and other stuff. It can be both casual and hardcore. Also I recommended FTL in an edit.

JoduanER2

Play both at the same time.

im about to start System Shock 2 for the first time with mods

tumblr_m5ork2jIdP1qauv2i.gif

I AM VERY CASUAL GAMER. i AM CHEAP GAMER. MY COMPUTER IS NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH. i WANT GAME THAT WILL LAST LONG TIME. ANY RECOMMENDATION. i CAN NOT SPEND MONEY MORE THEN 8 DOLLARS.

ftl
terraria
don't starve (has netbook mode)
king of dragon pass
x-com: ufo defense

caps lock is off for this post ; )

edit- oh, you wanted casual games? uhh, how about

peggle
stacking
puzzle quest

Can't think of where to ask so I thought I'd ask here. I bought the Binding of Isaac DLC, and apparently installed it. I didn't want to do so until I had finished more of the original game. Is there any way to uninstall said DLC?

Borman

Still have a copy of Star Wars Battlefront II if someone happens to have a spare XCOM. Long shot I know, but Im out of money hah (and not from this sale surprisingly, spent less than 10$ since that was what I had left!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom