• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh does this only work for keys? I have gifts in my inventory.

I'm not a Steam power user so be gentle. Sorry about all the questions.

Check this part in the OP:
OP said:
MODBOT ALSO WORKS WITH GIFTS THAT ARE NOT KEYS

What this means is that you can send yourself a steam gift through email, and send modbot the GIFT'S URL. Thus you can use it (and it is encouraged) to make giveaways in this very thread during the sales.

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot in this fashion.

Game Name - https://store.steampowered.com/accou...10G4A0EF24336F

The full code will look like this: https://store.steampowered.com/accou...IL@gmail.com

Delete the question mark and everything after it in the PM to Modbot.

Acccent

But that's not even all I spent. I also got ETS2 for $4 and RPG Maker VX for $14 from Dunder, and $2.49 for TWD: 400 Days at GameStop.com.
That puts me at almost $120.

tumblr_mn45166kJd1s4ht91o1_500.gif

doubly relevant

thank you for all the suggestions. I have narrowed down to civ 5, torchlight 2 and sim city. now to make decision i have to convince my wife so that i can spend money lol.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Damn it, I love Meat Boy and all...

But Retro City Rampage should have won it.

>:C

domstah

I'm trying to decide between Endless Space and StarDrive - anyone have any thoughts on either?

I really should have picked them up earlier, hoping that one of them is a flash deal or in Sunday's Best Of ... deals.

WisK

Neo Member
I voted for Runner 2 even though deep down I knew Super Meatboy would win anyway. The summer sale continues to shake my confidence.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm trying to decide between Endless Space and StarDrive - anyone have any thoughts on either?

I really should have picked them up earlier, hoping that one of them is a flash deal or in Sunday's Best Of ... deals.

Endless Space is awesome. I spent 30 hours on it last week, and i dont even play games anymore since i love buying them so much

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Hey GAF, have I missed anything in the past ~12 hours? I know I missed out on voting for the community choice, I would've gone with Retro City Rampage, that game is so much fun.

UPlay is the one thing making me wary of buying Trials Evo.

Ugh. Will probably pick it up tomorrow after the new dailies are revealed though.
I hear it has improved somewhat. They even ham fisted support for Steam leader boards but you just don't get to make a first impression like that twice for some people.

Acccent

Endless Space

a friend of mine works at Amplitude

Mairu

Wow, we're still on thread 3? I'm surprised we haven't made it to 4 already! Must have slowed down with all the repeats.

I haven't played Star Drive, but I picked up Endless Space a couple of weeks ago and am hooked! It's a really fun 4x. The in game tutorials cover a lot of stuff so it's not hard to learn; you just gotta be patient and read all the tooltips. Ships can be customized and the new expansion adds more ships and new formations. Battles themselves look cool and are played by choosing a few action you perform then watching your choices play out.The galaxy view looks great and the soundtrack is sublime. I'm really a beginner to 4x games (just a dozen hours in this and about 10 hours in civ v), so I am not that good enough to be able to tell if things are unbalanced or not. Still, if you can get it on sale, buy it!

domstah

Endless Space is awesome. I spent 30 hours on it last week, and i dont even play games anymore since i love buying them so much

Thanks I was leaning more towards Endless Space anyway. I too like collect entries in my Steam library that never get installed.

Caerith

Haha this is my pc right now, it's 30 celcius in here almost and my fans are working hard?
When it's 20 celcius they don't spin up past 500 rpm, ever.
I really need to get a new cpu cooler this one is worn out and louder now.

the 'vrrr?' made me laugh.
I recently cleaned about two pounds of dust out of my heatsink. I had almost forgotten what silence was.

Digoman

But that's not even all I spent. I also got ETS2 for $4 and RPG Maker VX for $14 from Dunder, and $2.49 for TWD: 400 Days at GameStop.com.
That puts me at almost $120.

Yup..."everything is so cheap" adds up to you spending more. Valve increased this effect with the flash sales and community deals. 90% of the time they are repeats, but you still keep paying attention, talking about the sale, always wondering if you should jump on the deal. We are going to end having 4 OT on gaf for this sale.

Even though they put total spent only on the badge info (and not the checkout page despite having the same graph), I don't think they you repeat that next sale. At least in my case, it did stop several impulse buys.

Turfster

Just finished The Swapper.
Man, that was a powerful game.
Great visuals, brilliant music, a gripping story and puzzles that made you think.
I'm so glad I bit on it.

Bought Bully. I want Rayman, but holding off for now. Uplay + no cards + high price + UBISoft in general = no sale this time. Same goes for Trials Gold :(
Rayman Origins is DRM free, and very worth it.
Just finished The Swapper.
Man, that was a powerful game.
Great visuals, brilliant music, a gripping story and puzzles that made you think.
I'm so glad I bit on it.
After reading a review today I decided I want it and need to gift it for a friend. Has it been a daily yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom