• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What else can I do with everybody that posted on this thread Avatars?

I had fun coding that script yesterday, I improved it a little more now and then.. that's it. :(

Voted F1 since I don't give a fuck about the choices this time. Not voting for NBA2K13, Jay Z has more than enough money.

FTL is on sale again. Those of you who didn't buy it yet have NO excuses now.

Ignoring everything else, why do you give a fuck about cards? Why does anyone care about them? They are nice to sell i guess but like trophies etc they are pointless and a game having them or not doesn't affect my choice in buying it.

Let me explain with a simple .gif:
cardsexplained2f3l0a.gif

TThere's no trickery in the above .gif between time placed on the market and time sold, it was as instantaneous as that. They take moments to put on the market, they sell quickly, you get small but noticeable amounts and cards are everywhere while easy to earn. Collecting cards isn't something I'm into so won't speak for that but I can easily see how the presence of cards could factor into a purchase: Buy a €7.50 game with ten cards and five drops and you could get 40 to 70 cent back (if not much more with foils) depending on the rarity of the cards and how popular the game is (as the more popular it is, the more cards available on the market there will be) which dampens the cost of the next purchase.

Turfster

- Immediately abort mission, your score will still be saved but your awards will be zapped. I have no idea how that could possibly be intentional, failed runs shouldn't overwrite successful ones.

Yep, noticed that too. The awards don't seem to be all that important, though, they're just for you to track your own progress I guess.

mclem

I'm bummed Retro City Rampage didn't win. I'm sure it'll be a daily tomorrow though.

It was one of the first dailies, if I remember right. Don't count on it.

At this point it's safe to say we're not seeing anything new from here on out. They've had a lot of rehashes and here are more. It's been that way for the last couple days now.

Well, it's a formality since we know it's coming, but I don't think in all that time Prison Architect has been up for a flash deal or vote. So at least that's something to look forward to.

sunnz

I'm not gonna get Test drive unlimited 2 am i :(

SO close to buying it when it was on sale a few months back, in my cart, about to pay... but the sale ended and it reverted to normal price.

Deitus

Well, it's a formality since we know it's coming, but I don't think in all that time Prison Architect has been up for a flash deal or vote. So at least that's something to look forward to.

We also have a few games that failed their community vote, but haven't yet come back in another form.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
P718XS5.gif

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

HalfLife2 -- MB-2A2FD171FC2B0ACA - Taken by xBlain

Hope someone can actually use this. Does anyone actually not have Half-Life 2 at this point?

Rtas

Literally bought FTL for 5 euro seconds before the flash sales changed and it came up for 2.49 had a proper FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- moment, anyone got any recommendations for games less than 5 euro/dollars?

mrgone

So what's going to happen to Street Fighter IV when GFWL dies for real? Is it going to be a "please understand" situation where we just shut up and buy Ultra because sometimes they have to cut off your leg to save the rest of your body? (Not both legs, though. You need at least one for flash kicks)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
move on to the next project, programmer boy ;)

I took my 3 years programming course (it was everything software though, from Databases to network to programming) only to find out that I love programming for stupid shit like that (a script that goes through a set of pages, find a value and extract it).

I hate programming important stuff.

Oh well.

What if next steam sale, valve had some sort of LIGHTNING deal thing, games only on sale for 1 hour?

This. They really need to just pick random games and put them on sale for thirty minutes to an hour. That way those who have no problem popping open Steam every once in a while have the opportunity to buy a huge variety of titles that wouldn't normally be on sale for 8 hours, and those don't want to bother checking the store more than once a day still get their endless repeats.

Sales would be a lot more interesting if they had new deals more frequently. Eight hours is a /long/ time.

Mik2121

Damn sales... bought Deus Ex (already had it on PS3 but I wanna play it again on PC), Stealth Bastard Deluxe (lovin' it! and the editor too), CS:GO (played my first game yesterday at work after 6pm with a workmate), Super Meat Boy (have it on 360 already... lol) and Fallout: New Vegas.

And I only joined the sales craze three days ago...

BadAss2961

Sadly, I mostly see a future of people complaining about it when they forget they set it, and reversing credit card charges... which might be why it's not in it yet.
Yep. It would only lead to headaches for both users and Steam's already dodgy tech support.

didamangi

Need advice, Ms. Splosion Man or Trials Evo GAF?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-68E6A1FC5E010CBC - Taken by scorpscarx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom