• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

inoRb5tFUQSYD.jpg

this is my fav bike

Lint21

Neo Member
Man... my girlfriend just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate for $10 total. Pretty sure all that content would have totaled $210 if bought when it was first released.

Steam rules.

Vodh

Photoshop

god damn these deals

I feel like it's like the fourth time Fallout New Vegas has been discounted

Yeah, I think pretty much the list of games for dailies and flash sales is just about the same. The closer we are to the end of the sale, the less previously not featured games we'll see.

maneil99

Man... my girlfriend just bought Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate for $10 total. Pretty sure all that content would have totaled $210 if bought when it was first released.

Steam rules.
You act as if you couldn't get those games cheap at any 2nd hand console store

joe2187

Banned
Anyone wanna help me out?

Been trying to install Portal 2 and Terraria, but everytime I do it gets stuck on "scanning for updates" and does nothing else even when the game is fully installed. I deleted it and tried to re-install them again, but it gives me the same message.

mclem

My cards just arrived from six and a half hours ago! Hurrah!

Edit: One was one of the two Tomb Raiders I was after!

Edit2: Ahahaha. After doing my craft to level 4, I get my goodies... including a Tomb Raider card. Finally, my quest is complete!

Now to work on foils

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Literally bought FTL for 5 euro seconds before the flash sales changed and it came up for 2.49 had a proper FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- moment, anyone got any recommendations for games less than 5 euro/dollars?
Good. Now you won't do that again.

Super Hexagon.

Been playing FO3 over the past few days, not sure if I want to go back to New Vegas. New Vegas has a better narrative and vastly better mechanics, but the wasteland in Fallout 3 is far more interesting than Nevada.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Isn't it against Steam TOS to automate buying features via scripts or similar?

While true, the odds of Valve blocking you for doing so on a personal level, and specifically for the use case of buying games (versus gaming the Marketplace) are very low. Ultimately so is their ability to catch you--spoofing a very simple series of HTTP(S) POST requests is not at all difficult. Hell, why stop at Steam wallet, you could automate Paypal authentication and submission :p

Anyone wanna help me out?

Been trying to install Portal 2 and Terraria, but everytime I do it gets stuck on "scanning for updates" and does nothing else even when the game is fully installed. I deleted it and tried to re-install them again, but it gives me the same message.

best thing to do is close Steam, delete ClientRegistry.blob, and restart Steam.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
BcDUjWm.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal 2 -- MB-D1A352D28F5B8591 - Taken by Cru

Salsa

im due for another new vegas playthrough and I should snatch up all the DLC for it (havent played a couple) but ehh I kinda feel like i'll never get to it

first playthrough was 70 hours or so

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bound 2 is pretty good but honestly other than that I don't have the stomach for Yeezus. I respect it as provocative and forceful performance art--destruction is creation, the reverse of music is still music, etc... but man is it not for me. I'm sure if I gave the verses more time some of the wordplay would grow on me but it's too atonal and dissonant to me. And I like noisy garbage music.

im due for another new vegas playthrough and I should snatch up all the DLC for it (havent played a couple) but ehh I kinda feel like i'll never get to it

first playthrough was 70 hours or so

Vegas 1 or 2?

I've only played both on the 360 and loved Vegas 1, hated Vegas 2. I should check them both out on PC.

Prophane33

Are the Awesomenauts cards taking an un-awesome amount of time to drop for everyone else. Between the waiting for cards and the fireworks going on outside I don't know what's more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom