• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deliverance

Neo Member
I'm hosting a 4-pack for Monaco, we are only two so far. Since I'm from Europe it would be 4.1€ per person (which is around $5.4). I can only receive money via Paypal.

Edit: We are full! Thanks anyway!

neoism

E73PsEy.jpg

looololol yup I leave my window open in the winter cools my pc by 10+ degrees lol I have 6 fans in an on my computer right now..:p

ElRenoRaven

At this point it's safe to say we're not seeing anything new from here on out. They've had a lot of rehashes and here are more. It's been that way for the last couple days now.

Deitus

What if next steam sale, valve had some sort of LIGHTNING deal thing, games only on sale for 1 hour?

They had 4 hour flash sales in a previous sale. I think they decided to go with 8 because it's more possible for people to follow every sale, and they probably get more overall sales that way.

Turfster

Rayman Origins is DRM free, and very worth it.

After reading a review today I decided I want it and need to gift it for a friend. Has it been a daily yet?
I... think it was a flash sale.

Also, Jesus Christ Valve, could you make it even harder to tag an image as a spoiler after you've uploaded it? You have to go to screenshots, click it, click on view comments & details in the popup, which takes you to another page, where you can finally click the spoiler tag.

mclem

i am thinking about getting in to civ or sim city kind of stuff. do this game require great skills?

There's a lot of things to learn about in Civilization, but the tutorials and reference materials in-game are comprehensive and good at keeping the player informed.
I can't speak for recent SimCity titles, I've not played one since 2000 (but back then that pretty much required having the manual to hand to learn the game)

can they be played in small sessions?
Well, you can *try*. Civilization created the term One More Turn Syndrome, after all...

They're better suited to big chunks of time, really.

my favorite genre by far is though is third person adventure games like zelda but on pc i do not see any games such as that.

Beyond Good & Evil springs to mind. Ys to a slightly lesser extent. Also might be worth taking a look at the Carpe Fulgur titles (Fortune Summoners, Chantelise *might* fit what you want. Not so much Recettear, but it's a great game)

zkylon

zkylewd
new vegas again

did I already say this game is great and everyone should experience its greatness?

because they should

but why no cards :(

Crayons

Banned
They had 4 hour flash sales in a previous sale. I think they decided to go with 8 because it's more possible for people to follow every sale, and they probably get more overall sales that way.

I remember last sale. I forgot that it was 4 hours though. But wouldn't it be fun to set your alarm every 1 hour and buy games on steam, go to sleep, and do it all night?

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, how's Dragonborn? I'm kind of itching for some Skyrim but my save game is so old that I forgot what was happening lol... So maybe having one specific set of quests to do would be fun to put me back in.

cicero

...I'm talking about games I bought but never play? Am I missing something?
I was referencing the picture you posted in response to Crayons and his list of money spent. It seemed like you were making a pointed comment, now you are including yourself in it too though, so...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gunpoint - 40 minutes played: Gunpoint is very fun, it's a cute little puzzle game, jumping and movement feels glorious, the rewiring mechanic is pretty good, most levels seem to have multiple solutions, the saved time score and medals give you an incentive to replay, the sound effect design is fantastic, and I like all the ideas put into it. And I think (easy for me to say, it was given to me as a gift!) that it's worth the price based on what I've played so far. It reminds me of something like Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures or Yoda Stories, not in gameplay but in how it's this little thing you can open, poke at for a few minutes on your break, and then get back to work.

But it's also very clearly a Game Maker game. Something about the text, the way things load, the odd lack of main menu, the UI graphics, the static camera, the wide level of zoom, the fact that most of the screen is background if you play on a higher resolution... it all comes together to feel like the first game of someone doing it for a hobby. I hope that in the future Francis gets an engine programmer to work on giving him some tools that feel a little more pro on that end. I mention this not to ward anyone off a purchase, again, the game is good and there are many great ideas, but rather as an observation that I don't think this is something that would have got on Steam a year ago.

P.S. I found a bug.
- Start mission
- Play to completion, get score / time / awards
- View previous missions
- Pick any mission you've completed
- Immediately abort mission, your score will still be saved but your awards will be zapped. I have no idea how that could possibly be intentional, failed runs shouldn't overwrite successful ones.

El Odio

Banned
I'm hosting a 4-pack for Monaco, we are only two so far. Since I'm from Europe it would be 4.1€ per person (which is around $5.4). I can only receive money via Paypal.

1. Deliverance (hosting)
2. pock3tmonster
Me and my friend would like to join if there's still openings.

Deitus

I remember last sale. I forgot that it was 4 hours though. But wouldn't it be fun to set your alarm every 1 hour and buy games on steam, go to sleep, and do it all night?

That would destroy me. I would be dead by the end of the sale. Please Valve, don't do this to me.

zhorkat

Yes. Just imagine all the fun we'll have only getting sleep in 55 minute bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom