• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Say, if I run a Steam game, say Torchlight II, to idle then play another, say, Civilization V, will Steam still count my playtime for Civ and earn achievements?

Sullichin

I don't know why I'm considering getting the couple of summer sale cards I'm missing with the money I've made from selling other cards.

m.gorecki

So, first 5 days:

Total War: Shogun 2
The Swapper
System Shock 2
Universe Sandbox
*Ticket to Ride Online Retail
Endless Space + Disharmony
Don't Starve
Magicka
*SpaceChem Retail
Surgeon Simulator
Toki Tori 2+
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

* gift from ModBot

Wow you do not realize it happening when it's only 1 or 2 at a time.

Retrofluxed

Yup, I totally remember 9/9/99, I was in 8th grade. I didn't own a PS1, but I played FF8 at my friend's house. I got a Dreamcast for Christmas that year, with Sonic Adventure and Toy Commander. I bought Soul Calibur with cash I received from relatives.

I skipped college that day to buy it and then rushed home to see Nine Inch Nails on the MTV awards.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I feel that its a good time now for this question with the spotlight for the next dailies coming around in a few minutes:

Did I mention that you all should take a clooooose look at Reus?

Prophane33

I don't know why I'm considering getting the couple of summer sale cards I'm missing with the money I've made from selling other cards.

This is what I plan on doing too. After buying the games I wanted I still have a little over 5 bucks of card sale money. Now that I hear Paradox is adding cards to some of my favorite games I'm now forced to want to keep some instead of selling them all...meaning I'm going to have to buy cards.

Jaykay

It was my first year of working (I was 16 at the time) and one of the first (if not THE first) game I bought with my own money vs allowance/holiday money.

It was also the first game I paid for with my own money from working. I started my first job that summer and was happy to be able to get it the day it came out due to that.

I feel that its a good time now for this question with the spotlight for the next dailies coming around in a few minutes:

Reus? Reus... hmmm Reus... no, can't say I've heard of it. Any good?

XShagrath

I've bought way more stuff from this sale than I did during the Winter Sale..

Haul so far..
Tomb Raider + DLC
Penny Arcade 4
Dishonored + DLC
Reus
Hitman: Absolution
God Mode (gift)
Oil Rush (Gift from ModBot)
Civ V: Brave New World (from Dunder)

I bought it before the sale but I still haven't played it. This backlog man, sorry.

Is it weird that I'm tempted to get 3Dmark? I've had the demo version downloaded and was wondering if there were any differences with the full version

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Please, tell me about Reus.

Reus? Reus... hmmm Reus... no, can't say I've heard of it. Any good?

It has village destroying giant rocks! And earthquakes.
gaming_reus_2.jpg

Feel the wrath of the mighty giant. Burn. Burrrrrrn.

mclem

Completed Bastion just now. Great little game with a nice ending.

The Gaffer looked at the post. Great little game with a nice ending? He knew, deep down, that he'd found it rather dull, albeit with a nice gimmick in the presentation. Perhaps he needed to give it another shot? Perhaps indeed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My GotY back then.

Fun mechanics, amazing story telling, unparalleled ost

Nothing more to add other than this was also my thoughts on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom