• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

It has village destroying giant rocks! And earthquakes.
gaming_reus_2.jpg

Feel the wrath of the mighty giant. Burn. Burrrrrrn.

Nuh, I dunno, I'm still hesitant. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Some guy added me just to ask me for some 15 cent card I was selling on the marketplace. I said no, and he just kept on begging. WTF it's 15 cents!

liezryou

I'm sorry guys, my comment was totally out of line. Apologies. Hope this makes up :(. I really did not mean to offend anyone.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe Plus Magicka -- MB-A6602E6603089BE1 - Taken by Buttonbasher

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Nuh, I dunno, I'm still hesitant. :(

Do you like strategic gameplay? Puzzle gameplay? I am sure there are plenty of people it wont appeal to. If you want an honest recommendation, let me know what you like and/or dislike in your games.

The secret ending for Hotline Miami only added to my confusion
wtf it went MGS4 patriots trying to wipe out the Russians. Why wasn't the meta ending with the 2 dudes enough?

I'm so confused. All these games messing with my head.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
yeah its 15 cents why did you said no?
he asked if he could have a card, I said I didn't have any (didn't have any in my inventory, but had one on the market) then he started talking about how I had a card on the market and how I needed to give it to him. I'm not gonna give 15 cents to some weirdo.

dmr87

Is it weird that I'm tempted to get 3Dmark? I've had the demo version downloaded and was wondering if there were any differences with the full version

Nothing wrong with that if you are a PC enthusiast and you want to benchmark, I bought it at release.

Prophane33

Does anyone know a good game where you can be a samurai unicorn and kill people in 2D side scrolling levels located on a 3D world map where you need to use physics puzzles to get around...and it's entirely in black and white, except for blood which is purple. Oh, and the soundtrack needs to be an indie band you've never heard of. The ending should make me question life, the universe, and everything and/or just confuse the hell out of me as it turns out the samurai unicorn was Hitler the entire time. So, suggestions?

Does anyone know a good game where you can be a samurai unicorn and kill people in 2D side scrolling levels located on a 3D world map where you need to use physics puzzles to get around...and it's entirely in black and white, except for blood which is purple. Oh, and the soundtrack needs to be an indie band you've never heard of. The ending should make me question life, the universe, and everything and/or just confuse the hell out of me as it turns out the samurai unicorn was Hitler the entire time. So, suggestions?

Bad Rats?

Bad Rats

H3xum

incoming bad rats

edit: yeppppppppppppppppppppppppp

chronomac

Dear Esther.

Firehead

he asked if he could have a card, I said I didn't have any (didn't have any in my inventory, but had one on the market) then he started talking about how I had a card on the market and how I needed to give it to him. I'm not gonna give 15 cents to some weirdo.

Yo, want some of my cards to add to your inventory? Will probably get even more beggars!

chugen

haha, sound like an episode of the steam sale tv show

Turfster

Welp, time to lower my foils again.
At this point, I don't really care anymore, I just want something before they're totally worthless.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I was thinking of one that meets all of these criteria, but it turns out that instead of the unicorn being Hitler he's actually Stalin. Oh well, maybe next time.

H3xum

Yes. I'm tempted to purchase it but I'm going to wait to see the dailies and the next two flash sales before I pull the trigger.

Doing the same exact thing.

I'm going to get Reus unless there are 3-4 games in this next batch of dalies that I must have.

Half of the money should be sent to Toma

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Stardrive wasn't the best. Glad I got it cheap. High speed ships act silly and spend more time fishtailing around than hitting anything. The ships have a circle strafe mode, which was a good idea, but they don't know how to adjust targeting so they'll never hit anything unless you use guided missiles or something.

So, first 5 days:

Total War: Shogun 2
The Swapper
System Shock 2
Universe Sandbox
*Ticket to Ride Online Retail
Endless Space + Disharmony
Don't Starve
Magicka
*SpaceChem Retail
Surgeon Simulator
Toki Tori 2+
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

* gift from ModBot

Wow you do not realize it happening when it's only 1 or 2 at a time.
Absolutely and, honestly, that's why I really think it's better for people to only go with what they had an interest in prior to the beginning of the sales or, alternatively, keeping money in your account until there is something you know you'll enjoy. If you don't, and you get tempted by the prices, you can very easily spend a significant amount of money not realising it. Somebody on a previous page mentioned that Steam, more than anything else, teaches you that cents add up over time and it's absolutely true both for spending and selling; everything begins to add up over time. On the other hand though, it's an absolutely amazing way to sample a large, diverse seletcion of games that you may not have otherwise tried, provided you have the funds of course.

EDIT:
Half of the money should be sent to Toma
This is true for a significant amount of the independant games on Steam! I can't count the amount of hidden gems that have been exposed through his numerous threads and recommendations.

Prophane33

Absolutely and, honestly, that's why I really think it's better for people to only go with what they had an interest in prior to the beginning of the sales or, alternatively, keeping money in your account until there is something you know you'll enjoy. If you don't, and you get tempted by the prices, you can very easily spend a significant amount of money not realising it. Somebody on a previous page mentioned that Steam, more than anything else, teaches you that cents add up over time and it's absolutely true both for spending and selling; everything begins to add up over time. On the other hand though, it's an absolutely amazing way to sample a large, diverse seletcion of games that you may not have otherwise tried, provided you have the funds of course.

This is a fantastic post, more people need to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom