• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Do you like strategic gameplay? Puzzle gameplay? I am sure there are plenty of people it wont appeal to. If you want an honest recommendation, let me know what you like and/or dislike in your games.

I was being ironic, but it's true I'm hesitant on Reus, because I don't know, I already got like thousands of indie game in backlog, and right now I'm more into big lenghty games.

But, anyway. I'm actually very much into strategic (as in TBS more than RTS, because I'm slow as hell), and way less into puzzles (I can't stand math stuff, like in 999, but I like... I dunno... puzzle bobble? :D ).

Overall, the fact is: I'm attracted by Reus, but I feel it's not the right moment, and also I',m expecting it to fall in a Humble Bundle in the next months.

Village

Bad Esther

Dear Rats

img-thing

You might blow up the world like that.

liezryou

Posting for new page. NOBODY LOVES ME ANYMORE ; ;.

I'm sorry guys, my comment was totally out of line. Apologies. Hope this makes up :(. I really did not mean to offend anyone.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Showdown Effect Digital Deluxe Plus Magicka -- MB-A6602E6603089BE1 - Taken by Buttonbasher

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What's worse Bad Rats or Dear Esther?

Dear Esther. Bad Rats is a fun, comical, and challenging physics based puzzle game that allows you to create your own inventive ways to tackle each brain-teasing objective. The possibilities are limitless.

Dear Esther is emo that tries to hide in vagueness due to it's own lack of conviction and backbone.

Do you like strategic gameplay? Puzzle gameplay? I am sure there are plenty of people it wont appeal to. If you want an honest recommendation, let me know what you like and/or dislike in your games.

Gameplay, you say? Well, golly gee. I like gameplay!

cicero

Posting for new page. NOBODY LOVES ME ANYMORE ; ;.

You made it so that no one who had taken a code before could take that code, and that you had to have given a code previously. I don't know how many people fit those limited designations now.

liezryou

I love you, but I realized that I am qualified as a lurker as I havent posted in the third thread yet >.<

gogo spam posts and take it

You made it so that no one who had taken a code before could take that code, and that you had to have given a code previously. I don't know how many people fit those limited designations now.

If its not gone in a few mins ill take off no winners.

Looking at the Total War packs, seems like they're incomplete. Rome: Alexander and Medieval II: Kingdoms expansions aren't included, so even if you bought the Grand Master pack you'd have to get them separate. Are they worth getting?

In general which of the TW games are good for someone who doesn't play a lot of RTS?

Symphonic

You sir are confirmed as having THE worst gaming taste on GAF.

Edit: and this is coming from the guy obsessed with Dynasty Warriors games.

Whaaaaat come on. I mean I can get why someone would joke about the appeal and all but the game is actually really well made.

Plus it features Ryan Reynolds so at least it's got that.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm staring at the Fallout New Vegas timer. I already played it on Xbox 360, but I don't own it on Steam. But I don't want to spend money on a game I already played because what if a game I haven't played goes on sale? Tick tick tick. Help me GAF. I don't know what to do.

TheChits

Sanctum 1 is a Tower Defence game with FPS mechanics. Sanctum 2 is a FPS with Tower Defence mechanics. I hope this helps. If not : Its fun with people. It is fucking boring alone.

Thanks for the reply bud. I think I'll hold off for now and use the money for Dishonored instead.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was being ironic, but it's true I'm hesitant on Reus, because I don't know, I already got like thousands of indie game in backlog, and right now I'm more into big lenghty games.

But, anyway. I'm actually very much into strategic (as in TBS more than RTS, because I'm slow as hell), and way less into puzzles (I can't stand math stuff, like in 999, but I like... I dunno... puzzle bobble? :D ).

Overall, the fact is: I'm attracted by Reus, but I feel it's not the right moment, and also I',m expecting it to fall in a Humble Bundle in the next months.

Well, if you dont want to spend the money now or whatever, thats perfectly fine. I just feel that these devs absolutely deserve every purchase I can convince others to do due to the amount of passion and love they put in the product. Its one of those games that just makes me feel happy thinking about it because its just so well made with much love for detail that wouldnt be made from big developers anymore.

You can and need to play this slowly, pausing a lot, but the game has some puzzle like nature to it where you build different elements of the surroundings (minerals, animals, plants) and try to activate symbiosis' to maximize the output these plants give (research, money and food). Finding some suitable combinations and patterns will take some thinking and testing, if that might be a "puzzle" mechanic that might turn you off. But really, its just a delightful game that I would love to see expanded on.

Tnetennba

Absolutely and, honestly, that's why I really think it's better for people to only go with what they had an interest in prior to the beginning of the sales or, alternatively, keeping money in your account until there is something you know you'll enjoy. If you don't, and you get tempted by the prices, you can very easily spend a significant amount of money not realising it. Somebody on a previous page mentioned that Steam, more than anything else, teaches you that cents add up over time and it's absolutely true both for spending and selling; everything begins to add up over time. On the other hand though, it's an absolutely amazing way to sample a large, diverse seletcion of games that you may not have otherwise tried, provided you have the funds of course.

Couldn't agree more. This is the first time I've gone into a sale without budgeting or setting a limit and I've already spent more than I have any in any other sale. Trying to stick to only buying things I've thrown on my wishlist over the last few months helps, but I still don't want to look at my bank balance in a week or so.

To be fair, money from cards has been a nice little bonus this time round that's taking the edge off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom