• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel91

Very Good Point. And even further if you qualify only givers + no winners.

I think a lot of people only enter for games they're interested in. There's certainly a lot of random grabbers, but I leave codes for someone more interested in the game even if the giveaway is up on a screen reload.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Serious Sam 3 + DLC any good?

It's rather mindless so I'd say that the main campaign is best enjoyed in co-op, though the penultimate level is simply too over-the-top with the enemy count for my tastes (you spend more time dead than alive :p). I've not played the DLC, so I can't weigh in there.

yami4ct

Alright gaf professionals. I need your opinions.

I got the Deus Ex collection last night. Which order should I play them in?

I assume it has 1,2 and HR, right? Just play 1, then HR and pretend Invisible War never happened. Also, remember to graphic mod the hell out of 1. The mod community has done a great job making that game look pretty decent, aside from the faces.

FACE

Banned
I suppose one could argue the difference between Fallout 3 and New Vegas constitutes a generational leap forward.

iGAcP5eyXWWog.gif

Arulan

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

You can also edit the script and set the refresh timer to 0 seconds. Additionally you can increase the fail-safe count, essentially preventing it from stopping if no one is posting for a brief period.

If you're using Chrome, you can find the script at:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\blbfgndoggabppkoehpipfadjelcofmp\2.0.3_0

It's the live.js file. Just open it up in a text editor such as Notepad++.

LiveThread_FAIL_LIMIT) || 30, (Change this number to increase the fail-safe limit)
STATE_INTERVAL = 0, (Change this to 0 to change the refresh timer to the minimum amount)

STATE_INTERVAL changes the default variable, however if you change the speed to Slow/Normal/Fast it'll change to its own value (defaults at 120/60/30) which you can also edit.

Wok

Cant be that many people, since every time the rule that states if you've won before, you cant win again, the key is NEVER claimed

Well, many giveaways do not use this rule.

And these were never redeemed:
Anomaly: Warzone Earth-- MB-DBC25E37E149DA1C - Taken by Nymphae
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-23795569E72146FB

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is any Orcs Must Die 2 or Sleeping Dogs dlc worth it? Besides Nightmare in North Point.

Sleeping Dogs has 3 content DLC:
- Zodiac Tournament - Melee focused Kung Fu Movie theme, takes place on a new island map,
- Nightmare in North Point - Zombie DLC, takes place in a dark themed version of the main map
- Year of the Snake - cult-themed DLC takes place on the main map

None of the three is as good as the main game, but if you liked the main game and really have gotta have some more, all three are worth the low sale price costs.

People give IW too much flak, I mean yeah the universal ammo was boneheadedly implemented, stages were chopped up and smaller than before, and the inventory and skills were dumbed down.

Still, it's a game that feels more authentic to the original in a lot of ways that Human Revolution doesn't.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is any Orcs Must Die 2 or Sleeping Dogs dlc worth it? Besides Nightmare in North Point.

The Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake are the only two other pieces of content-expanding DLC, so they're worth snapping up on the cheap. Everything else pertains to experience, money or various unlockables (skins and the like), so they're not particularly useful.

maty

Finally, after 1 hour I got my 2nd Mark of the ninja drop. Still have 3 more to collect. This is going to take forever.

3phemeral

I think a lot of people only enter for games they're interested in. There's certainly a lot of random grabbers, but I leave codes for someone more interested in the game even if the giveaway is up on a screen reload.

Definitely. There's no point in grabbing a game I won't play or like. Plus, if each giver uses the "ban today's winner" rule, claiming something I don't want will ruin my chances of getting something later that I actually would play.

KPJZKC

People give IW too much flak, I mean yeah the universal ammo was boneheadedly implemented, stages were chopped up and smaller than before, and the inventory and skills were dumbed down.

Still, it's a game that feels more authentic to the original in a lot of ways that Human Revolution doesn't.

I'm inclined to agree. Still a good game, just not as amazing as the first.

Skab

I assume it has 1,2 and HR, right? Just play 1, then HR and pretend Invisible War never happened. Also, remember to graphic mod the hell out of 1. The mod community has done a great job making that game look pretty decent, aside from the faces.

This was going to be my next question. Any recommendations?

I guess over time Invisible War should have a bit more love as video games in general have gone so far in that direction of unnecessarily streamlining every bit of character or personality out of the games that IW looks awesome in comparison.

Yondy604

Banned
I think people need to relax on the giveaway situation, If you wanna ristrict it, then go ahead. It's why it was implemented, it's a great idea.

You can very easily make it that nobody from previous events get the keys.

The problem is 99.9% of the people here have won giveaways, so if the key goes unclaimed you can't be like. "Well it was not taken now".

IMO the system is working as intended, imo a new feature next year would be give it 15 seconds, and then tally the people and choose a random winner. (anything over 15 seconds will have 50+ people a giveaway).

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, the Penumbra games were recently yanked.

Edit: Oh, Overture is still available.

Huh, but why? :(

Agreed, IW gets a lot of undue flak. Worst of the 3 yes but not a bad game on it's own merits. Hell, it's better than some RPGs I've played this gen.

The Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake are the only two other pieces of content-expanding DLC, so they're worth snapping up on the cheap. Everything else pertains to experience, money or various unlockables (skins and the like), so they're not particularly useful.

Halloween.

DLC.

anyone seen CIV IV (not V) be more than 50% off? Sorta want to get the "everything" edition. right now it's $14.99. Would bite if it were under $10.

ultron87

Can you play through the two Alan Wake DLCs if you haven't beaten the main game? Cause I played through the main game on Xbox but I wouldn't mind playing the DLCs for cheap.

If you don't play stealth games often, or play it in a very don't stop for nothin' style, you might get a fair amount of difficulty. If you play methodically and use the tools available, though, it's pretty damn easy.

That's my natural playstyle [hence I am generally pretty bad at 2D Mario games :/ ] so that is really good to hear. I already had this game on my radar but that's bumped it up a few notces. Thanks :).

Caerith

For OMD2, it depends what you mean by "worth it."

Are We There Yeti? - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons
Fire and Water - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons
Family Ties - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons

Salsa

gonna grab Year of the Snake and Zodiac Tournament probably. Will try to get that 100% in Sleeping Dogs again after the bastards added DLC cheevos

and.. there's a drunken master cosmetic/fighting move DLC.. im tempted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom