• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question: Which of the Thief games should I play first???? :D

Tomodachi

If you don't play stealth games often, or play it in a very don't stop for nothin' style, you might get a fair amount of difficulty. If you play methodically and use the tools available, though, it's pretty damn easy.
I was gonna say the exact opposite thing. You can rush through levels and exploit the silly checkpoint system and very low AI level, get a very low score and go to the next level. If you want to get the best scores you'll have to be good at stealth, and the game gets more difficult. Overall it's not a hard, unforgiving game at all.

Salsa

you guys should get Crysis 2 for the texture work

C37BEDDA70E84BDC431F1DBBD59389C8D6BEDF9C

them pizzas

kennah

Heh, tell me about it :D

Step away for a minute and I miss the Mark of The Ninja giveaway...

Time for another one then.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MOTN -- MB-9B9786F9AB27D41A - Taken by eyeless

Exeunt

How is shitty Crysis 2 still so much? 3€ and I'll bite.

EA even seems to be afraid of giving 75% discounts during the summer sale now. I'd buy the original Crysis for 75% in all likelihood, but at only 70% I feel like it'll be 75% off in a random daily like Mirror's Edge was a month or two ago. And it's not like I'd get a chance to play it before then.

Zeliard

Yeah, given Alan Wake's glacial sales pace, I'm not surprised that Microsoft wanted to explore a new IP and put AW in suspended animation. Hopefully, though, Quantum Break does well and inspires some confidence.

Edit: You may have seen this already, but Sam Lake took the time to address Alan Wake fans following QB's announcement.

I hadn't seen that, thanks for the heads up.

What Sam Lake says here is completely understandable, and I appreciate the candor. The logistics of development frequently clash with ambitious, creative endeavors, especially in the AAA field. As you said, Quantum Break will hopefully do well and give them freer reign to do whatever they want next.

teiresias

My backlog is so big on Steam and everywhere else that I've completely avoided the summer sale this year, but I'm really wondering if I should invest in the half off RPG Maker VX ACE just to have something a bit fun to play around with. I did a bit of scripting in the original Neverwinter Nights and enjoyed it, but nowadays I do enough engineering and programming at work that the last thing I want to do is a bunch of heavy programming at home as a hobby.

H3xum

Resting Puppies Question

Are the DLCs interwoven into the main story or are they all post game?

I think I want them but I want to make sure I like the vanilla game first

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
these bot giveaways are so damn fast!

can't there be a programmed delay of like, at least a minute, before modbot stops accepting entries? Then he could randomly decide on the winner..

Within a minute, you were one of 16 entries into that giveaway. The problem isn't the lack of delay, it's the number of takers :p

kennah

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SleepyDawgs FFTactics Competition -- MB-9F8B7001FBE77D3B - Taken by Tambini
SleepyDawgs Zombie Love -- MB-E8036E52955F936B - Taken by Mugatu
Two more

I've now officially given away more than I bought :p

Toki767

can't there be a programmed delay of like, at least a minute, before modbot stops accepting entries? Then he could randomly decide on the winner..

I already requested a random winner feature. Hopefully Stumpakow won't mind coding one in for the Winter Sale.

tarheel91

Resting Puppies Question

I'm pretty sure they're separate. I played through the whole main game without them. Just picked up Year of the Snake.

cicero

why not change it? all I'm saying is introduce a delay of one or two minutes, and then let it be a random draw...

I don't see how that would make it any less fair
Why introduce any delay whatsoever? All that would do is create large bubbles of furious comments surrounding each giveaway. Why even have a delay and then combine it with a random draw. Combining the two makes no sense.

I think stump said he was working on that feature, so it'll come eventually. I was waiting on something like that myself for a few games I wanted to give away.

Resting Puppies Question

When you launch the game, you'll come to menu with a list including the main game and all the DLC you own. You'll choose one and it brings you to its own menu.

Katyusha

Resting Puppies Question

If the other DLCs are anything like Nightmare In North Point, then you just select which DLC you want to play in the main menu

Edit: Beaten by Baron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom