• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Just found this on frictional's forums

The game was removed from Steam because there is a technical issue with transfer the game to us from Paradox. It is transferred to us because the publishing agreement for the Windows version of Black Plague has come to an end. We don't know when it will be solved and are not able to do anything to solve the technical issue.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21884-post-239597.html#pid239597

Definitely keeping the penumbra collection I've got on disc now for prosperity.

vilmer_

Tempted to grab The Secret World but I'm not sure I have the time right now to delve deep into another MMO. Perhaps I'll just grab Serious Sam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Turfster

Agreed, IW gets a lot of undue flak. Worst of the 3 yes but not a bad game on it's own merits. Hell, it's better than some RPGs I've played this gen.

I liked IW a lot when it actually came out. It just suffered from the start of consoles shitting up real games! ;)
(But seriously, fuck the OG xbox and its small mem, leading to minuscule maps)

DukeBobby

Bn46x3f.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Rats #5 -- MB-B9F0CDE20EE6A1C4 - Taken by Mr.Awesome
Bad Rats #4 -- MB-E166AC7D54969C87 - Taken by Cth
Bad Rats #3 -- MB-353CD6C1B6D861BD - Taken by IcyRhythms
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-A824432BE30E8D49 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo
Bad Rats -- MB-D28D87FF7BF48C99 - Taken by Edwardo

1 copy of Sleeping Dogs, 3 copies of Bad Rats, and a Mystery Game

Remember, don't say you're the winner until all keys have been taken.

chugen

ssrly

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-DD78D165CBC11843 - Taken by Nymphae
Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter -- MB-D19FAC6E27848034 - Taken by Mugatu
Serious Sam Double D -- MB-CD175F9A570574AA - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter -- MB-6011DBE8D0473532 - Taken by tarheel91

sapsari

ModBot said:

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Cthulhu Saves the World -- MB-C9710B82E01EE767 - Taken by Blue Ninja
The Ship -- MB-A0611A17BA517A29 - Taken by Trouble
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-F8F28484E21F7254 - Taken by Addnan
Eufloria -- MB-9404D06FB657D9C4 - Taken by DirtRiver
Breath of Death VII -- MB-801F58B0F4756B18
Dead Pixels -- MB-A96F029DF05185CC - Taken by Mildudon
Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! -- MB-5BFD029DFDEC046C - Taken by Morgan Freeman
Max & The Magic Marker -- MB-D64052B5F094DC31 - Taken by BorntoPlay
NightSky -- MB-09FF75FD6F11A0E8

Some might not work, some may ^^

The_Monk

Bn46x3f.png

1 copy of Sleeping Dogs, 3 copies of Bad Rats, and a Mystery Game

Remember, don't say you're the winner until all keys have been taken.

Ha, this is awesome fellow GAFfer! Can't wait to see who got Bad Rats, haha.

I didn't enter by the way, just happy to see the Community keeping it together! :)

RS4-

Was so mad at myself during my FTL run. Had 200 scrap, teleporter, etc, 3 mantis, slug and 2 humans.

I finish a fight and decide to go to the bathroom. I come back and find out everyone but 1 died because the o2 was off.

edit - I went with badrats 1. I was right last time with Dishonored, lets see what happens now.

Wow... never occured to me.

There's a lot of non obvious touches like that in the game. Also, they don't get violently thrown out (eventhough that would be awesome) -- they just start losing health because there's no O2 in the room. Remember that lack of oxygen will affect your own crew's hp if they're out there too -- so starve them out, then close the vents and fight them.

Tellaerin

People give IW too much flak, I mean yeah the universal ammo was boneheadedly implemented, stages were chopped up and smaller than before, and the inventory and skills were dumbed down.

Still, it's a game that feels more authentic to the original in a lot of ways that Human Revolution doesn't.

It wasn't awful, taken on its own merits. I didn't hate myself for playing it. It just wasn't a very good DX game. If it had been pitched as a new IP, it might have been received more favorably. But the original DX would be a hard act for any game to follow, and people judged IW accordingly.

I had a decent time with Project Snowblind (the FPS that started out as Deus Ex: Clan Wars), too. Maybe they should've spun IW off into a non-DX universe like they did with Snowblind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom