• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had this same problem a few days ago. Registered a key, never got a reply. Tried registering it again, got a PM saying that one had already been registered.

Also, 2 days ago I claimed a key from Sykotic but never got a PM from ModBot either, he sent it to me directly.

ModBot just doesn't like me. :(

Well it's hard to account for things over a two-day basis, but basically these random no-sends are caused by the system getting overwhelmed and backlogged and then when it catches up, it accidentally sends a PM within the cooldown period between PMs (I think it's 30 seconds for users).

So the intended way to solve this is:
- If it was a giveaway, wait a few minutes and give it away again, ignore the warning
- If it was a claim, wait a few minutes and follow the my loot procedure listed in the FAQ thread.

I'll try to track it down and compensate for those errors a little better, but I assure you they're fairly rare in terms of the number of PMs being sent out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, off to SDCC, don't break GAF while I'm gone.

San Diego and Steam Sale on the same week. My wallet is going to die.

When you see Joss Whedon, can you ask him why he didn't cast Saoirse Ronan as Scarlet Witch.
And then punch him in the face. :p

Would anybody be so kind and gift me the uncut version of Sleeping Dogs? Sitting in Germany without access to an uncut version. :/

I'll paypal in advance.

Sykotik

If you want to give away cheap games, at least choose a good game.

Ids.png

Razorskin

----- ------
That's definitely true, times were different then as well. I imagine had Human Revolution came out back then it would've also taken a beating for straying from the original, but nowadays it's championed as a return to form. These kind of FPS RPG blends are just so rare though that even back then I enjoyed Invisible War despite all the disappointment surrounding it at the time and the stigma that's stuck to it since.

I dunno man, can you not get over PS2 quality assets? It's no looker but it's a shame if that's the only thing that's gonna keep you back.

Speaking of, I've never been a huge fan of visual mods for games and Deus Ex's is no exception. Take for example Anna Navarre as she originally appears. She's blocky, her textures are blurry, but she looks fine to me. She's not overly detailed or anything but it's not distracting as she currently is, my mind can fill in the blanks.

v5L4Myv.png

Now as she is in the HDTP, the visual mod for character models.

Oh god what have we unleashed to the world kill it with fire.
SiHR0GM.png

Holy fuck that's awful

I wonder what Gunther looks like...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which DLC is worth buying for Sleeping Dogs? Or should I just not bother?

Nightmare in North Point, Zodiac Tournament and Year of the Snake are the only pieces of content-expanding DLC. The XP DLC is more or less game-breaking, the money envelope DLC is pointless, and the rest (skins, vehicle/weapon unlockables, etc.) falls into personal taste.

If you want to give away cheap games, at least choose a good game.

Man, I just kind of feel like Bad Rats has got to the point where it's transcended the whole good game/bad game deal and most people just want to experience it. In this scenario, being gifted it and nothing having to pay to do so is an entirely appropriate gesture and one that I'd imagine is fairly unique to the GAF community.

Besides, as shit as it is, it's still better than Dear Esther...

Salsa

I think this covers all mission DLC I dont already own (+drunken master cause drunken master)

ibw0F3AoQGvpPJ.PNG

now im just gonna sit here and think about pulling the trigger for a while

Man, I just kind of feel like Bad Rats has got to the point where it's transcended the whole good game/bad game deal and most people just want to experience it. In this scenario, being gifted it and nothing having to pay to do so is an entirely appropriate gesture and one that I'd imagine is fairly unique to the GAF community.

WAT?!?!?!

Ninja Blade is actually more expensive than in past sales...WHAT?

I was always in the fence since looks like a decent wacky japanese action game. I guess it makes the choice easier now.

I think this covers all mission DLC I dont already own (+drunken master cause drunken master)

ibw0F3AoQGvpPJ.PNG

now im just gonna sit here and think about pulling the trigger for a while

Gotta sell more cards.

I think the best giveaway I seen was anyone giving away Fallout New Vegas

$2.50 for that game is a beyond a deal.

I'm planning on giving away something like Bioshock Infinite on the last day of the sale. I'm going to totally make it a "only eligable if haven't already received a gift from modbot" giveaway, just to see how long it lasts and troll you all :)

Cth

Thanks for checking into it.

I figured it might have been a cool out thing. Gonna try resubmitting shortly.

marrec

Banned

Yessssssssss. kurt's still here dropping truth bombs.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Do you know if it is good? All i've heard is bad things about it. I was interested too,

Sim City 4 is pretty widely liked. I think it's the newest iteration (which is just called Sim City) that you are thinking of. Sim City is one of the few videogame purchases I truly regret.

Caerith

guys is the orcs must die complete pack worth it (has all the DLC), what is the DLC and should I go for just orcs must die 2 on its own.

ALso how bout orcs must die 1

For OMD2, it depends what you mean by "worth it."

Are We There Yeti? - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons
Fire and Water - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons
Family Ties - adds levels, enemy types, and weapons

There's only 3 DLCs, so I'm not sure why you couldn't just click on them on the Steam store and read the descriptions.

Wok

have you played bad rats, sir?

lol

it's a good joke gift, and $.50 is worth the extra game in your library I think

Come on, for the same price, you could buy:
  • Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack
  • Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
  • Iron Warriors: T - 72 Tank Command (if you are American)
  • Defy Gravity Extended (if you are European, although the game is slightly more expensive)

Saty

Like i said, Sleeping Dogs should be F2P. Micro-transactions for buying cloths and cosmetics; DLC; Expansions. Freaking open-world game - the easiest genre to produce content for month after month: add missions, add cars, add a new part to the city, add new map, add weapons...

Whoever makes the first high quality F2P Open-World game will make bucket-loads of money.

liezryou

Like i said, Sleeping Dogs should be F2P. Micro-transactions for buying cloths and cosmetics; DLC; Expansions. Freaking open-world game - the easiest genre to produce content for month after month: add missions, add cars, add a new part to the city, add new map, add weapons...

Whoever makes the first high quality F2P Open-World game will make bucket-loads of money.

Sooo you've never heard of MMOs?

Volotaire

There's only 3 DLCs, so I'm not sure why you couldn't just click on them on the Steam store and read the descriptions.

well i was hoping for some advice if they were worth it , sorry wrong wording from my part.

And I didn't see that post, thanks for bringing up to my attention

v0rtikal

I'm sick of Capcom and their lazyness. The badges for DMC are the same pictures they use for achievements!
At first I was excited when Ultra SF IV announced 6 new stages, fact is.. they are the same ones you can find in SFxT, god damn! >=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom