• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

The booster pack system is a tad complicated:

- To be eligible, you need to have used up all your drops for a given game and have been online once within the past week, and
- The packs dropping at all is dependent upon fellow users crafting badges, and the drop rate as it applies to you is dependent upon your Steam Community profile level. From the FAQ:

I'm level 33 and haven't received a booster drop since just before the Summer Sale began.

Do you have to be online, or can you set your profile to: show offline?
Im level 7 and no booster cards/foils. Not that Iwas expecting anything with those rates, but would have been cool to see one

Prophane33

I bought Alpha Protocol awhile back for 2.50, but I've never had a chance to play it. I hope it's as good as GAF makes it out to be. Reviews and Sales were lackluster.

Crayons

Banned
I just noticed that the person who bought my foil is a furry.

It makes sense.

360fx360f

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it when people craft any badge, or when people craft a badge that corresponds to the booster pack I'm eligible for?

Nobody but Valve knows. The FAQ simply states that "booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community."

Do you have to be online, or can you set your profile to: show offline?
Im level 7 and no booster cards/foils. Not that Iwas expecting anything with those rates, but would have been cool to see one

I assume it's just a matter of Valve knowing you've logged in within the past week, so while using Offline Mode would prevent this, voluntarily setting your status to Offline would not.

Fewr

It's not at all like MonHan. The weapons are different enough, but you're not going to have to change your style of play dramatically for each one like in Monster Hunter. It is, however, very fun.

Your arsenal runs the gamut of medieval armaments. Various single handed swords, two handed swords, daggers, mace, morning star, bo staff, polearms, throwing knives/axes, bows and crossbows.

It's not very Monster Hunter-like at all though.

They range from two-handed swords and maces to warhammers and spears.
Every weapon class (generally 3 per weapons class, 4 weapon classes per primary weapon slot) has weapons that are alike. But every one is either faster, longer or stronger.

Every weapon also has a "weight" if you will. Making a spear something which you can miss an enemy without dying, but a hammer has to be aimed precise. Because if you miss, you will lose. A hammer does more damage and makes heads explode and is therefore my favourite

I'm terrible at FPS type games, but I absolutely love Chivalry and Mount and Blade (which can be 3rd person too). If you like or have played Mount and Blade it's very similar to Chivalry.

Thanks for the info. I too am terrible at FPS games, but Chivalry looks very interesting.
I'll give it a go next steam sale.

Dec

I bought the one that comes with rechargeable (via USB) batteries. I have a PS3 but I actually find the Xbox 360 controller to be more comfortable.

No idea that even existed. Haven't owned a console in like 3 years so these things are pretty old. I'll look into it, thanks. I too prefer the 360 controller.

Prophane33

I Wunder how we got here so fast.

What exactly did you have to put in?

My Name, Address, and SSN. I don't believe they report it to the IRS unless I make serious bank from selling stuff. My measly 25~ish dollars isn't going to be taxable income.

Crayons

Banned
I am so tempted to get Kerbel for $10 but I know I am not going to play it and I know the gameplay is way over my head.

hom3land

ok. steam you win. Tomb Raider bought. Resisted the first sale, can't resist the second time around. now i'm DONE!

unless Alpha Protocol or Sonic Racing go on sale..or any other amazing deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom