• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
Wouldn't it be great if there were never any repeats? Like someone misses a deal because they were doing something stupid like work or school and we would all laugh at their faces.

kaleii

Correct. This game doesn't always make sense; however, it is fun and at time hilarious. It can get frustrating when you've felt like you've tried everything and still can't pass a level.

Anyone know which improvements have been made since the original? 100-percented it on iOS. Good fun.

Freezard

Argh I can't decide if I should buy Tomb Raider now or see if something better appears later today. Still many games I want to buy (Doom 3 BFG, Painkiller pack, UT pack). What's the chances of TR getting rehashed on the last day?

updated modbot for the new thread so that auto-edits and lurking calculations work properly.

Do people who won games during the time Modbot was down still count as winners? Or do the posters doing the giveaways have to do it again?

i totally won fallout: new Vegas ultimate edition in the last thread

Prophane33

I wonder if Paradox is going to implement cards before this sale is over. I was hoping to make some bank on selling all those cards (since I own 90% of their games) while the market was most active. Though, I have to at least craft a March of the Eagles badge to go with my Euro Truck and Super Meat Boy badges. Maybe a Victoria 2 or Europa Universalis 3 one too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It was 55% off (i think? I paid like 6 something for it) earlier in the sale, but apparently that was a pricing error.

Yeah, somebody added the 40% discount on top of the 25% discount the game already had: ($14.99 - 25%) - 40% = $6.74.

Anustart

Anyone know about achievement probelms in Binding of Isaac? I completed the challenge to unlock burnt penny but the achievement didn't unlock though I did unlock burnt penny...

Nevermind, I was looking at it wrong, it unlocked, doh!

Fewr

YNAB not having cards is a huge missed opportunity. I could improve my budget by selling those too.

-----------

I know Valve's just been holding off on these final days to let out the megatons like NiGHTS and Pinball FX tables.
And the Shenmue I & II HD surprise release, you forgot about that one.

Which of these 2 games is better for quick sessions once in a while? (I don't have much time on my hands nowadays)

- Sleeping Dogs?

- X-com?

Sleeping Dogs is your best bet if you're going for quick sessions. X-COM won't do that well if you want to play it for a short time since it's all turn based and some missions potentially could drag on. Most Sleeping Dogs missions aren't too long and should suffice.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Do people who won games during the time Modbot was down still count as winners? Or do the posters doing the giveaways have to do it again?

i totally won fallout: new Vegas ultimate edition in the last thread

everything should ripple through over the next few minutes, obviously it needs to sort out its backlog. sorry about that. heh, the timezone thing didn't work out well at all.

Zeknurn

Wouldn't it be easier to just remove or cover up the postcard for Prison Architect then? I think it would be far too late for them to pull out of the Steam sale now anyway.

Change in code is far simpler than having to get the artist redraw the art.

I don't know how true it is, but the creators of Expeditions Conquistador stated that they have no control over the sales.

I'm sure Valve would listen if Introversion told them that they didn't want a massive influx of players to their Early Access game.

Its still a daily if you search for it

Also why would they remove skyrim if Prison architect doesn't go on sale anymore. Valve has no reason to pull Skyrim, its one of the big money makers

Just the showcase not the actual deal.

It's probably just a bug or an ARG.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Some issues clearing the backlog, as you can see -- if you get two PMs, sorry; if you don't get any at all, do the my loot thing:

GA: Claim Process: I am going to give The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb to Gintoki313 via ModBot 1 10:27:57.655000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Offspring Fling to KYGB via ModBot 2 10:28:15.790000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Avadon The Black Fortress to Deques via ModBot 1 10:28:36.824000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Shank 2 to Alo81 via ModBot 2 10:28:55.539000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Shank 2 to Alo81 via ModBot 1 10:29:14.988000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC to Khronico via ModBot 1 10:29:48.522000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC to Khronico via ModBot 1 10:29:48.522000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give The Basement Collection to Iron Badger via ModBot 2 10:30:25.382000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give The Basement Collection to Iron Badger via ModBot 1 10:30:25.709000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers to Yaboosh via ModBot 1 10:31:06.358000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Pay Day to Toki767 via ModBot 2 10:31:16.504000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Pay Day to Toki767 via ModBot 1 10:31:21.721000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Pay Day to Toki767 via ModBot 2 10:31:44.999000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Zen Bound 2 to kutthoat5150 via ModBot 2 10:32:30.265000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Zen Bound 2 to kutthoat5150 via ModBot 1 10:32:54.574000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Zen Bound 2 to kutthoat5150 via ModBot 2 10:33:18.281000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give English Country Tune to NZNova via ModBot 1 10:33:33.828000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Oil Rush to maneil99 via ModBot 1 10:34:45.877000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Oil Rush to maneil99 via ModBot 2 10:35:19.596000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Oil Rush to maneil99 via ModBot 1 10:35:27.436000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Oil Rush to maneil99 via ModBot 1 10:36:06.663000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Oil Rush to maneil99 via ModBot 2 10:36:13.927000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Thomas Was Alone to KMD via ModBot 1 10:36:45.757000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Thomas Was Alone to KMD via ModBot 1 10:37:27.133000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Thomas Was Alone to KMD via ModBot 1 10:38:04.617000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Thomas Was Alone to KMD via ModBot 2 10:38:13.920000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Swords & Soldiers HD to cicero via ModBot 2 10:39:12.522000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Swords & Soldiers HD to cicero via ModBot 1 10:39:23.691000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Eufloria to Dmax3901 via ModBot 1 10:42:41.413000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Eufloria to Dmax3901 via ModBot 2 10:43:21.199000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Eufloria to Dmax3901 via ModBot 1 10:43:22.893000
GA: Claim Process: I am going to give Splice to Cyberquake via ModBot 2 10:46:12.691000

Prophane33

I suppose I better get ready to go see Pacific Rim. Guess I won't be around for the change in daily deals (a.k.a. the parade of repeats).

froliq

Wouldn't it be great if there were never any repeats? Like someone misses a deal because they were doing something stupid like work or school and we would all laugh at their faces.

It used to be like this. Just dailies and only 24 hours time :( Best of sale on last day has been there ever since I remember however.

bootski

McPixel is really cool. I wouldn't say any of the "solutions" intuitively feel correct, but I guess the point is that you learn..kinda.. from the trial and error.

uggh i could not stand this game. i bought it to see what the hype was about and to support the dev for his straight up awesome way he looks at the gaming community. but the game itself, no thanks. that being said, i guess it's worth the dollar i paid for it.

I got Dishonored, Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex/Invisible War.

Dishonored is fucking amazing. Kinda wish I'd played it sooner, but now I got it for next to nothing and run it better than on my 360 anyway.

bootski

how come i dont see skyrim or the postcards up at the top of the screen anymore? i still see it in the top seller section but its gone from the dailies.

Double

Yes, the best thing about Chivalry is the delay before attacking. This gives a lot of suspense.
Every move you make could possibly kill your enemy or leave you open for someone else to cut off your head.
Every move you make could be your last.
Now, I am in no way great at this game, but last night I was on a roll. Heads flyinh everywhere and me and my hammer were unstoppable.
Until my nemesis joined.
That dude was amazing. Feinting, making combos and I didnt stand even the slightest chance. The only thing I could do was block and hope some angel from the sky could save me

I probably died 5 times by the edge of his sword. This shows how much depth is in this game.
Even when you think you figured out how to play this game succesfully, someone else completely annihilates you on the battlefield
It also adds to feeling random and not being in control though with the delay. Might not be this way on "high level" play, but yeah.

Shepard

What I got:

SimCity 4
Tomb Raider
Dishonored
XCOM DLC
The Witcher 1
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Cities XL (only thing I regret buying)
FEZ
Dust

And seriously, dont buy Cities XL Platinum.

Nymphae

Banned
I am so tempted to buy Van Helsing right now. The videos look amazing, is it better or worse than Torchlight 2? Playing solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom