• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torraz

Guys, I never played Baldur's Gate, I hear it's great, what is it like?

Fantastic. Consensus is to play the GOG version, due to new bugs & mod incompatibilities with the enhanced edition.

There has been widescreen mod for the original forever.

Get the GOG version. If the $10 puts you off, it goes on sale for $5 often.
What above poster says. Plus, you can often buy DRM free versions of all the Baldurs Gate + Icewind dale games for around 6-7 bucks total.

I have like... no reason for batteries so I have to buy them specifically for it and I just can't be bothered. I just use my DS3 with my pc cause I'm lazy.

I bought the one that comes with rechargeable (via USB) batteries. I have a PS3 but I actually find the Xbox 360 controller to be more comfortable.

MadSexual

It's kind of quiet, so is now an okay time to ask for permission to join the group? I've been on Steam for 6 years and never participated in one!

Edit: Excellent. Thanks!

antitrop

I'm so surprised they're doing straight up 75% off for Tomb Raider this sale. Figured it would be 50% the entire time, it's so recent.

Gbraga

Fantastic. Consensus is to play the GOG version, due to new bugs & mod incompatibilities with the enhanced edition.

Have you ever played an old isometric D&D RPG? This is one of those. The enhanced version adds widescreen and some content

There has been widescreen mod for the original forever.

Get the GOG version. If the $10 puts you off, it goes on sale for $5 often.

What above poster says. Plus, you can often buy DRM free versions of all the Baldurs Gate + Icewind dale games for around 6-7 bucks total.

Thanks a lot guys, will definitely get it. Is Baldur's Gate 2 good as well?

Gbraga

No.

It's great.

image.php

BG2, SS2, U7.

The holy trinity of best games ever.

BG1... Kind of, sort of, sucks a little due to low levels and limited options. BUT it makes BG2 more enjoyable (2 carries it on) so it is well worth the slog.

The expansion to BG2, Throne of bhaal is also the best expansion of any game ever. It is amazing how powerful it makes you feel.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember when BioWare made genre-defining games? Those were the days.

Why has the main daily deal picture disappeared from the Steam page?

Skyrim has been absent the front page all day, although the discount is still active.The error must have occurred after somebody asked Valve's webmaster to work on Half-Life 3, automatically putting him in a state of unresponsiveness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heres hoping to a nice cheap (£7 or so) deal on Prison architect

Don't expect anything greater than 40%. The only reason I think 40% is even remotely possible is that Kerbal Space Program is the only other Early Access game featured among the Summer Sale cards and it was 40% off.

antitrop

I picked it up during the first daily deal and I've hardly been able to put it down. Game looks really good!
If the cutscenes didn't look so good, I would say to just skip them.

The story, writing, and characters are some of the worst I've seen in AAA gaming in my entire life, but the setpieces, combat, and actual gameplay were all absolutely phenomenal and make up for the story's shortcomings.

Lara is a great character and has great characterization, but they focused so much effort on her that everything else around her is completely flat.

derExperte

BG2, SS2, U7.

The holy trinity of best games ever.

BG1... Kind of, sort of, sucks a little due to low levels and limited options. BUT it makes BG2 more enjoyable so it is well worth the slog.

Yeah, BG2 is the real classic while BG wasn't all that great even back then. Not much competition so no wonder people loved it but compared to 2 or Planescape: Torment it doesn't hold up at all, the world feels very lifeless with endless running around through empty screens and a weak story.

When Sonic & All stars racing transformed goes on sale. You guys better grab it. Still new to it but Stunt+Drift+Boost... so gewd. Yes... gewd.

Ruze789

Damn, fell asleep last night with FTL in my cart, woke up an hour after the flash sale on it was over.
Chivalry is tempting if it wins the vote though.

cicero

Just a heads up before you buy it at full price... Don't forget that GOG.com runs weekend and huge winter/summer sales, you just missed summer by two weeks, where you can pick up ALL of the D&D titles in a large bundle for 80% off.

This was the last D&D #NODRM Promo $21.10 (80% off) deal they had going about 15 days ago.
http://www.gog.com/promo/definitive_dungeons_and_dragons

Baldur's Gate 2 Complete
Baldur`s Gate: The Original Saga
Temple of Elemental Evil, The
Icewind Dale 2 Complete
Icewind Dale Complete
Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition
Planescape: Torment
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

GamersGate also has a periodic sale on their DRM-Free Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection bundle that doesn't have as many D&D titles included, but goes for cheaper at around $5 (75% off).
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
Planescape: Torment
The Temple of Elemental Evil

I do absolutely prefer GOG though, just thought you might want to know about all options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom