• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

RIBERY-WINK.gif

Martian

Yes, the best thing about Chivalry is the delay before attacking. This gives a lot of suspense.
Every move you make could possibly kill your enemy or leave you open for someone else to cut off your head.
Every move you make could be your last.
Now, I am in no way great at this game, but last night I was on a roll. Heads flyinh everywhere and me and my hammer were unstoppable.
Until my nemesis joined.
That dude was amazing. Feinting, making combos and I didnt stand even the slightest chance. The only thing I could do was block and hope some angel from the sky could save me

I probably died 5 times by the edge of his sword. This shows how much depth is in this game.
Even when you think you figured out how to play this game succesfully, someone else completely annihilates you on the battlefield

Coldsnap

Anyone been able to upload a screenshot this past week? Trying to do it for badge progress and it keeps failing.

Also I've never gotten a booster pack from idling in steam or logging on, are they super rare?

Fewr

Yes, the best thing about Chivalry is the delay before attacking. This gives a lot of suspense.
Every move you make could possibly kill your enemy or leave you open for someone else to cut off your head.
Every move you make could be your last.
Now, I am in no way great at this game, but last night I was on a roll. Heads flyinh everywhere and me and my hammer were unstoppable.
Until my nemesis joined.
That dude was amazing. Feinting, making combos and I didnt stand even the slightest chance. The only thing I could do was block and hope some angel from the sky could save me

I probably died 5 times by the edge of his sword. This shows how much depth is in this game.
Even when you think you figured out how to play this game succesfully, someone else completely annihilates you on the battlefield
How different are the weapons you can use?

This seems a lot like monster hunter which is a huge plus for me.

I really should just get the AD&D bundle on GOG next time they're on sale because it doesn't look like they're ever going to be on Steam in an acceptable format.

Giving away a secret mystery game! Edit: It should be fixed.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game -- MB-29121814B383DFDF - Taken by cicero

sunnz

Any chance of bioshock 1 going on sale :p

B: I was my first bioshock game and I pretty much loved it, disappointed I missed out on 1/2 for all these years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also I've never gotten a booster pack from idling in steam or logging on, are they super rare?

The booster pack system is a tad complicated:

- To be eligible, you need to have used up all your drops for a given game and have been online once within the past week, and
- The packs dropping at all is dependent upon fellow users crafting badges, and the drop rate as it applies to you is dependent upon your Steam Community profile level. From the FAQ:

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

I'm level 33 and haven't received a booster drop since just before the Summer Sale began.

biocat

It's not at all like MonHan. The weapons are different enough, but you're not going to have to change your style of play dramatically for each one like in Monster Hunter. It is, however, very fun.

Your arsenal runs the gamut of medieval armaments. Various single handed swords, two handed swords, daggers, mace, morning star, bo staff, polearms, throwing knives/axes, bows and crossbows.

It's not very Monster Hunter-like at all though.

DukeBobby

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

xelios must get a booster pack every 5 minutes.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
One thing that is good to know for new Chivalry players is that the ALT key rules.

Your three basic swings (LMB, Mousewheel up, Mousewheel down) are reversed when you hold down the alt key. It really tricks people to see a LMB attack come from right to left instead of left to right.

Martian

They range from two-handed swords and maces to warhammers and spears.
Every weapon class (generally 3 per weapons class, 4 weapon classes per primary weapon slot) has weapons that are alike. But every one is either faster, longer or stronger.

Every weapon also has a "weight" if you will. Making a spear something which you can miss an enemy without dying, but a hammer has to be aimed precise. Because if you miss, you will lose. A hammer does more damage and makes heads explode and is therefore my favourite

Prophane33

It's not at all like MonHan. The weapons are different enough, but you're not going to have to change your style of play dramatically for each one like in Monster Hunter. It is, however, very fun.

I'm terrible at FPS type games, but I absolutely love Chivalry and Mount and Blade (which can be 3rd person too). If you like or have played Mount and Blade it's very similar to Chivalry.

kaleii

Asked a few threads back, as this is my first summer sale (and I can't remember how it was in the winter sale).

What are the chances of flash deals being repeated on the encore day? Does that even happen?

Fewr

The booster pack system is a tad complicated:

- To be eligible, you need to have used up all your drops for a given game and have been online once within the past week, and
- The packs dropping at all is dependent upon fellow users crafting badges, and the drop rate as it applies to you is dependent upon your Steam Community profile level.

Is it when people craft any badge, or when people craft a badge that corresponds to the booster pack I'm eligible for?

antitrop

I tried to get into Alpha Protocol, but it was just too much jank for me.

One of these days I'll reinstall it and give it a go, I think it probably deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom