• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday 2013...

Valve is pleased to announce Steam floodlight, a new way of ensuring the community decides what games go on sale. Community votes will decide sales every day with the community choice being replaced by a new Valve developer's choice.

Lexxon

ßthePenguin;71763721 said:
Yeah I've played it local with my brother, who owns it on Wii.

I totally expected at least the PC version to have an online mode in fucking 2013. Don't tell me it wasn't in the budget for a Rayman Ubisoft game :(

Also, NBA 2k13 for PC not having the option for playing with your friends. Shits hilarious today :/

NBA has to just be laziness. Most sports games don't even launch on PC anymore (EA in particular), and those that do seem to be half-assed way too often.

Rayman should have had the option, absolutely. Hopefully Legends has it, although I've seen no news to back that up.

I got gifted Torchlight 2 by a friend.

Picked Outlander and I'm really enjoying it. My only issue is I keep running into enemies when I want to basic attack, but at the same time I want my skills on my mouse as well.

Hoping the sales coming up in about 13 mins are good.

There should be something like shift+ click or ctrl + click to attack without moving. Essential for ranged characters in ARPGs.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Must stay strong. I really want Helsing, but 50% off is unacceptable!

It'll go 75% eventually. Must.... resist....

Fewr

Holiday 2013...

Valve is pleased to announce Steam floodlight, a new way of ensuring the community decides what games go on sale. Community votes will decide sales every day with the community choice being replaced by a new Valve developer's choice.

Please no. We'd have the same game every single day.

Grief.exe

I feel like the people who were bad at chivalry would always play on 3rd person.

This might be generalizing a bit, but I noticed whenever arguments would break out in servers, people with the best score would be playing 1st person.

CoLaN

Ahhhh i'm trying to get in contact with DunderHassan to buy Euro Truck Simulator 2 but i think he has too many PMs ç_ç

Does he stop selling games after they go off-special sale? If so, i have 12 minutes left. The tension.

Chariot

Must stay strong. I really want Helsing, but 50% off is unacceptable!

It'll go 75% eventually. Must.... resist....
But...

ilnRBXa3tuIwI.gif

Kapow

I have a quick question. I ended up getting all the dlc for Fallout New Vegas and downloaded the mission mojave mod and loaded it up in the nexus mod manager. Can I just run the game from steam now or do I have to open it from the nexus manager and do i have to have the manager open for the mods to work? It's hard to tell if the mod is working since its mostly just bug fixes

Ahhhh i'm trying to get in contact with DunderHassan to buy Euro Truck Simulator 2 but i think he has too many PMs ç_ç

Does he stop selling games after they go off-special sale? If so, i have 12 minutes left. The tension.

He often has a few games in stock even after the sale ends. Just wait.

bakeray

Think he was just about to go to sleep, I caught him in the GAF Chat Room about 15 mins ago, can try there.

DaBoss

I'm just using a PS3 controller, it works pretty well. I would use a 360 controller, but I don't have a wired one
Hard to go wrong with the wired 360 controller. :)
That's what I was planning on getting, good to hear the 360 controller is good.
The mouse is obviously great for FPS games, but I honestly hate using the keyboard for moving around. Especially in fast paced games it can be a pain compared to using a controller.
Yea, I see what you mean about fast paced games.

I feel like the people who were bad at chivalry would always play on 3rd person.

This might be generalizing a bit, but I noticed whenever arguments would break out in servers, people with the best score would be playing 1st person.

Meh, I personally find it easier playing with 3rd person. I haven't played it much, but I usually end up in the higher end of the players.

th3dude

So when you buy a game there is a fixed number of card drops and that is it? Or can I keep getting boosters randomly? A little confused.

Nabs

I do fine with 3rd person, 120fov AND a fucked up resolution (2.35).

Lint21

Neo Member
Hopefully I don't get ostracized for this, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

During this sale, there has been a lot of promotion of people in the BST thread selling games cheaper because they are from a different region. When you buy from them, you're saving money, but also ensuring that the developer gets less money.

Not judging anyone, just wanted to point it out in case the connection hadn't "clicked" for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom