• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yeah, the Agatha guys can start looking like the other team when they're all drenched in blood.

The battle cries are great too. I watched one of my knight teammates absolutely destroy some poor sap in a duel, decapitating him and then taking an arm off for good measure, then he looked at me and did the Agatha battle cry animation while another guy watching did the laugh emote and it slayed me. The comedic timing of it all was perfect, and the battle cries just go together so well with the over-the-top violence. I imagine there have been plenty of Monty Python and the Holy Grail comparisons drawn.

Wait... there are emotes? Holy shit, game got even better. Have only played for 2 hours so far, I had no idea.

UncleBiz

The mouse is obviously great for FPS games, but I honestly hate using the keyboard for moving around. Especially in fast paced games it can be a pain compared to using a controller.
Also, driving! How do people drive in games using the keyboard? It's impossible.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's a Steam app you know.

Apps don't work if you don't have internet access. I guess I should have said: this is an OUTING. Like... outside. Like... miles from anywhere including cell towers.

Crayons

Banned
Safe to assume we're getting Retro City Rampage today?

Assuming the trend from past Steam sales of failed community votes showing up for flash sales and daily deals, yes.

Unless that trend changes this year.

#pray4expeditionsconquistador

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That is why you must manipulate the market to your advantage.
ProfitTheCompleteSeriesDVDCover226x319.jpg

The only strategy I have right now is waiting until the sale is over then hoping that the market bounces back. If you have any further strategies lets discuss them in PM's so we don't get busted for insider trading. ;p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So Prison Architect in about an hour, right? Seems like everyone loves that game, and I gotta admit it looks pretty cool :) Do we have word on the price yet?

Also, why on earth does Steam still prohibit me from playing while downloading -.-

Volotaire

So Prison Architect in about an hour, right? Seems like everyone loves that game, and I gotta admit it looks pretty cool :) Do we have word on the price yet?

Also, why on earth does Steam still prohibit me from playing while downloading -.-

Pause it, start a game, Alt tab and resume.

atomsk

Party Pooper
considering the Kerbal deal was 40% I would hope for at least that... but if it's any less I can wait

considering the game is still alpha and all

Tellaerin

...I think "Towns" is the blandest name for a game ever. I would've had no idea that it involved dungeons and adventurers at all if I hadn't read the description. And all I can think of when I hear it is this.

tumblr_mby7djWYI51qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg

They really need to change the title to something a little catchier (and less reminiscent of an old Japanese computer...)

DietRob

I don't get it. Is it because of the cool voice over on the Steam Video preview?

Double

OMFG NBA 2k13 doesn't have a proper online mode to play with friends? WTF.

Rayman Origins doesn't have online AT ALL? SUCK MY donkey, what is going on here :(
Such wasted buys (already have Rayman on Wii).

Crayons

Banned
...I think "Towns" is the blandest name for a game ever. I would've had no idea that it involved dungeons and adventurers at all if I hadn't read the description. And all I can think of when I hear it is this.
They really need to change the title to something a little catchier (and less reminiscent of an old Japanese computer...)

I think that the bland name suits the game perfectly.

I don't know man... the UI seems wonky (selecting your class). The tutorial bugged out on me and press R to Reload kept flashing at the bottom of the screen. Environments felt super empty, too.

The tutorial is buggy and probably hasn't been touched since launch, the actual game is relatively solid, not bug free but for what it is for a small dev team, I've always felt it was pretty polished. The feel of combat and hilarity made it one of my absolute favorites last year.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by empty environments.

Chivalry Gaf was playing last night. It was a good time with a full server. There's another event tonight at 11PM EDT, I believe.

Zeliard

Wait... there are emotes? Holy shit, game got even better. Have only played for 2 hours so far, I had no idea.

Yeah, several. There are regular emotes - "Thanks," "Help," "Laugh," and so on - along with tactical emotes like "forward," "retreat," "go for the objective" (which specifically changes based on whatever your actual objective is, which is fairly awesome). And they all sound quite amusing.

I know the tactical menu is Z by default but I switched up other binds and I don't recall what the other was. You can just check your keybinds.

AlexBasch

SCP DS3 or whatever it's name is it's really helpful. I have a X360 controller and wanted to get the receiver, but that option is working really well for me.

Mugatu

The only strategy I have right now is waiting until the sale is over then hoping that the market bounces back. If you have any further strategies lets discuss them in PM's so we don't get busted for insider trading. ;p

I hope that happens but man will I feel stupid for selling so many cards as soon as I got them if that is the case.

DietRob

I don't get it. Is it because of the cool voice over on the Steam Video preview?

OK nevermind I fully understand now that I've watched the video's. I absolutely and fully 'get it' with the appeal of Prison Architect and will GET IT. If only to support the devs who sound like very awesome individuals and devs.

I hope that happens but man will I feel stupid for selling so many cards as soon as I got them if that is the case.

Don't feel too bad. The 'bounce back' I'm talking about is for the cards to go for about 25 cents a piece max. With foils maybe around 1 or 2.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Already 4 hours in Monaco since I got it yesterday :D

Such amazing fun. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but it has blown me away. Sooo good.

RoKKeR

Just bought F1 for my brother. Anybody have experience with wireless 360 controller adapters for PC? Do they work? Is it fairly low latency?

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Awesomenauts cards are 3 eurocents each, EVE cards are 40. Could it be that EVE players are economically sensible enough to not drive the prices down?

Yes it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom