• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #4 - Thread 4!?!? for questions read OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my GF did both something great but bad at the same time. She must have overheard me yesterday talking with one of my buddies about trying to find someone who might have had an unused Steam key for Infestation.

She knew I was pretty much broke, so I'm guessing that's why she thought I was going that route to try and obtain one.

Anyways, long story kind of short - I return home yesterday and check my Steam account for any card drops and I notice my game library had increased, and I now had Infestation installed in my Steam library. Obviously I was very confused as I knew I hadn't purchased the game myself, and if it was gifted to me I would have had to do the whole redeeming and installing myself.

A little while later my GF approaches me and says, "did you see your surprise?"

I put it all together at that point and of course thanked her, but at the same time thought to myself "shit" lol.

I tried to explain to her a bit of the bad history behind the dev and why I was looking for someone who might have had a spare key, but at the same time show her appreciation for her kind gesture.

I think in the end she just looked at me like I was a bit nuty and continued about her business lol.

/end rant

DirtRiver

Question: Should I play The Witcher 2 with a controller? I am finding using the mouse pretty janky but RPGs usually are played best with it. What do you suggest?

theytookourjobz

Question: Should I play The Witcher 2 with a controller? I am finding using the mouse pretty janky but RPGs usually are played best with it. What do you suggest?

Yeah, I can't play 3rd person games with a M/KB though. It works very well with a controller but inventory management isn't great.

So my GF did both something great but bad at the same time. She must have overheard me yesterday talking with one of my buddies about trying to find someone who might have had an unused Steam key for Infestation...
What a bittersweet story haha, but at least she cares! That's probably worth more than WarZ Infestation.
it definitely is

Crayons

Banned
So my GF did both something great but bad at the same time. She must have overheard me yesterday talking with one of my buddies about trying to find someone who might have had an unused Steam key for Infestation.

She knew I was pretty much broke, so I'm guessing that's why she thought I was going that route to try and obtain one.

Anyways, long story kind of short - I return home yesterday and check my Steam account for any card drops and I notice my game library had increased, and I now had Infestation installed in my Steam library. Obviously I was very confused as I knew I hadn't purchased the game myself, and if it was gifted to me I would have had to do the whole redeeming and installing myself.

I put it all together at that point and of course thanked her, but at the same time thought to myself "shit" lol.

I tried to explain to her a bit of the bad history behind the dev and why I was looking for someone who might have had a spare key, but at the same time show her appreciation for her kind gesture.

I think in the end she just looked at me like I was a bit nuty and continued about her business lol.

/end rant

I hope you work out your relationship.

bakeray

The time has come for me to finally hit the open road!
t9lhM0y.png

Freezard

Yeah the steam cards are just worth too little to be able to make much money. If you think flipping cards is fun I recommend making money off the Auction House in Diablo 3 instead. It is just stupid how good deals you can make there. I once bought an item for 10 cents and sold for 40€.

Zeliard

Oh, that I know. Once I found out (accidentally), I haven't gone back to first person view. So much easier to keep a track of your enemies in third person.

I haven't messed around with 3rd-person much yet. I like the intimacy of 1st-person. :p I imagine there are good uses for 3rd-person as far as tactical awareness of your surroundings, though it may be tougher to gauge weapon ranges (unless you have a lot of practice with it, I suppose).

One thing that strikes me as instantly beneficial in 3rd-person is that your shield won't obstruct your view. In that sense I'm sort of surprised they allow it.

Zia

How's the Natural Selection 2 community? I played a bit of the original Back in the Day and would like to support an old HL mod team, but the game's always been a tiny bit out of my price range.

How's the Natural Selection 2 community? I played a bit of the original Back in the Day and would like to support an old HL mod team, but the game's always been a tiny bit out of my price range.
Very friendly, as a newcomer. I only played for 20 hours or so. Can't comment on current numbers but I had fun.

Grief.exe

/end rant

In the FAQ of the next Steam thread I will show you how to remove licenses from your Steam account.

Double

Let me continue my rant for a second please. WHY NO ONLINE RAYMAN WHOA. Thanks
:(

btw in search for a spare Terraria!

Lexxon

ßthePenguin;71763141 said:
Let me continue my rent for a second please. WHY NO ONLINE RAYMAN WHOA. Thanks
:(

I don't think any of the console versions were, either. It was a small budget game, so they stuck to local co-op (which is a blast, btw, if you get the chance)

Razorskin

----- ------

/end rant

Oh man :lol I hope she didn't overhear you talking about Secret of the magic crystals either.

mrgone

I wonder who at Valve thought it was an awesome idea to make Steampipe conversion download the new content as part of the process before allowing you to do anything else at all with Steam. I'm going to have to end task this thing. Slow clap.

Hey, and while I'm all pissed off, why hasn't 10,000,000 gotten any kind of discount at all this sale? It's been on sale before. Ludicrous.

I haven't messed around with 3rd-person much yet. I like the intimacy of 1st-person. :p I imagine there are good uses for 3rd-person as far as tactical awareness of your surroundings, though it may be tougher to gauge weapon ranges (unless you have a lot of practice with it, I suppose).

One thing that strikes me as instantly beneficial in 3rd-person is that your shield won't obstruct your view. In that sense I'm sort of surprised they allow it.

I've always found the game felt better in first person. The situational awareness gains never seemed to outweigh the more accurate strike placement but I also don't use shields much unless I'm in an archer heavy game.

I wonder who at Valve thought it was an awesome idea to make Steampipe conversion download the new content as part of the process before allowing you to do anything else at all with Steam. I'm going to have to end task this thing. Slow clap.

I remember a Valve dev saying they were fixing this, but I guess they never go around to it

3rd-person is very useful for all classes, easy to avoid attacks and to aim your strikes.

Double

I don't think any of the console versions were, either. It was a small budget game, so they stuck to local co-op (which is a blast, btw, if you get the chance)
Yeah I've played it local with my brother, who owns it on Wii.

I totally expected at least the PC version to have an online mode in fucking 2013. Don't tell me it wasn't in the budget for a Rayman Ubisoft game :(

Also, NBA 2k13 for PC not having the option for playing with your friends. Shits hilarious today :/

Eleuin

I got gifted Torchlight 2 by a friend.

Picked Outlander and I'm really enjoying it. My only issue is I keep running into enemies when I want to basic attack, but at the same time I want my skills on the mouse as well.

Hoping the sales coming up in about 13 mins are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom