• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go with Hollow and Ori. They complement each other pretty well, I think.

Ooooo

I 100% Ori last week and bought Axiom Verge and Hollow Knight this sale. I have put 17 hours into Hollow Knight already and havent touched Verge yet.

So far Hollow Knight > Ori. Ori is great but Hollow Knight is outstanding. I am sure you cant go wrong with any 2 though but I will say Hollow Knight and Ori as I know both are great.

So, Hollow Knight and Ori. That sounds good

Paragon

Thinking about doing a clean out of my Steam library. Just getting rid of all the bundle junk that there is no chance I will play. But then I'm worried I'll end up regretting it. Anyone done this?
Just mark them as hidden instead of going through the process of actually removing them from your account.
As I understood it, the option to undo a removal is not permanent.
You don't have to do this one-by-one either, since you can multi-select in your list of games using shift/ctrl.

Windows Store version received the update as well.
Are you saying that Quantum Break now has the option to switch between DX11/DX12 on the Windows Store version, while Steam is still stuck with DX11-only?

The price is still too high for me right now, but I'm hesitant to buy one or the other when DX12 performs better on AMD and DX11 performs better on NVIDIA - right now.
Once new NVIDIA cards with better Async Compute performance are here, the DX12 version may perform better on them too.

Phu

Banned
Anyone have recommendations for some relaxing, slower-paced games? [e.g. Viva Pinata or Stardew, but doesn't have to be a life sim sorta thing]

Anyone have recommendations for some relaxing, slower-paced games? [e.g. Viva Pinata or Stardew, but doesn't have to be a life sim sorta thing]

Something like ABZU or one of the "walking sims" like Firewatch maybe? Or if you were after something a little more complex, perhaps a puzzle game like The Talos Principle or The Witness?

Just mark them as hidden instead of going through the process of actually removing them from your account.
As I understood it, the option to undo a removal is not permanent.
You don't have to do this one-by-one either, since you can multi-select in your list of games using shift/ctrl.

Eh, I'd rather my steam profile was less cluttered also. It's just full of such garbage I will never touch.

It's just not the sales - TF2 sucks now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1W5DU4zmAA

Shocked he didn't compare the Scout's crazylegs jump (it's gone now).
crazylegs.jpg
What a classic.

Rookhelm

so which Sniper Elite game is the best?

Since 4 is sill a bit pricier than the others, are 1, 2, or 3 worth it as a suitable substitute to 4?

This is the least hype Steam sale I've ever seen. This thread is basically moving as quickly as a regular Steam OT at this point. It's kinda sad. End of an era?

It'll be more sadder when we talk about SteamGAF's favorite subject: animu.

This thread will be flooded with so many comments in such a quick fashion, people would think daily and flash sales are back.

Aaron D.

ETS2 is $4.99, FS15 for $6.24.

Both are my Steam Zen Garden games.

I personally think Farm Sim is the better of the two, with more fleshed out mechanics. But for crossover appeal, more people gravitate to Euro Truck.

Can't go wrong with either. Also the mod communities for both are among the most active in all of PC gaming.

Guys, convince me to get/not get Planet Coaster. I bought Dead Cells, PUBG, and Grim Dawn during this sale. Not really enjoying Grim Dawn that much, maybe just burnout with Diablo 3, and I actually love Diablo 3. Still playing through Fata Morgana, and I have been taking a break with Persona 5. But Planet Coaster is calling to me.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Armored Scrats for Minion Masters -- MB-6284F439B92FF1D2

Guys, convince me to get/not get Planet Coaster. I bought Dead Cells, PUBG, and Grim Dawn during this sale. Not really enjoying Grim Dawn that much, maybe just burnout with Diablo 3, and I actually love Diablo 3. Still playing through Fata Morgana, and I have been taking a break with Persona 5. But Planet Coaster is calling to me.

PUBG isn't on sale, so don't buy it.

PUBG is a completely unique, frantic, unintentionally hilarious, tense, heart-pounding, addicting, pick-up game that you can play whenever that seems to have legs on it from a huge playerbase, so buy that.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread this completely. Skip it for now. You have enough to get you to Halloween with a better sale than 33% off.

Vuze

How do I get rid of the sticker showcase? The way they did it is stupid as hell anyway (having to visit the site, then scroll around the album sites and finally find the feature button) but I can't seem to un-feature it or remove the showcase on the profile site....

PUBG isn't on sale, so don't buy it.

PUBG is a completely unique, frantic, unintentionally hilarious, tense, heart-pounding, addicting, pick-up game that you can play whenever that seems to have legs on it from a huge playerbase, so buy that.

EDIT: Oh wait, I misread this completely. Skip it for now. You have enough to get you to Halloween with a better sale than 33% off.

You have a good point. I usually buy games if they're >50% off or <50% but under $10. PUBG I bought for $18 on Amazon, since I had a lot of Rewards saved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom