• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Any thoughts on Everspace? It showed up in my que and looked pretty awesome. Looking into it, it sounds more arcadey then sim, which I like.

Tonton

so is that tits 4 or what

can i skip tits 2 and 3 and go straight to schoolgirls

edit: i was thinking of editing this post cos it sounds creepy af but i choose to leave it cos idk it's funny lol
It's actually the 6th Trails game, there are 2 other XSEED had to skip at least for the time

You can start with Cold Steel although it does have spoilers for the Sky games

I've wanted Nier Automata for months but it never seems to get that cheap. Is this price a good deal? Did they ever patch the PC versions issues it had at launch?

Tonton

Niiiice. Beat Trails in the Sky 3rd last month and was already itching for more. Wish they were able to get Japanese voices.
Look it like this, this version of the game won't have Rean randomly go mute when everyone else has voices so it's already superior to the Japanese version!

(It does have an actual good dub for an anime game imo at least and there's undoubtedly gonna be a undub patch anyway)

I've wanted Nier Automica for months but it never seems to get that cheap. Is this price a good deal? Did they ever patch the PC versions issues it had at launch?
They haven't issued any patches but there is an unofficial fan patch

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'm looking for an FPS that:

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game
- has a good single-player campaign (I don't play online)

Bear in mind my notebook gets hot (90C) pretty easily, so being lightweight is very important. Any suggestions?

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is badass and there's a bundle with Far Cry Blood Dragon.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's actually the 6th Trails game, there are 2 other XSEED has to skip at least for the time

You can start with Cold Steel although it does have spoilers for the Sky games
that's weird, why don't they release those 2?

also is this like regular tits or is it like another kind of rpg

I've wanted Nier Automica for months but it never seems to get that cheap. Is this price a good deal? Did they ever patch the PC versions issues it had at launch?
i don't think they fixed anything but mods are enough for it

i think if you're not super desperate for nier (and (if you haven't bought it already i'm guessing you aren't) then you can probably wait a little longer in case it turns cheaper since discount isn't super deep and it might get better on gmg or something

also i really like how nier automica sounds

i'm gonna start calling it that

kiyomi

Nope. Which is why I continue to ignore it, unless it gets significantly cheaper - which it will, in due time.

Niiiice. Beat Trails in the Sky 3rd last month and was already itching for more. Wish they were able to get Japanese voices.

In exchange it does have much more voiced lines than the original version, and i don't think there are japanese voice lines for the newer voiced scenarios either.

Though it wouldn't be difficult for one to mod in JP voices, i imagine.

Teggy

Phew. I just got through the part of RE7 where
you go in the upstairs of the old house to get the arm. The lights going out and the little girl whispering, holy shit. And then through the contaminated room. Followed up by going to pull the key out of the cop's neck and getting attacked on the way out. I went a little further but seriously needed to take a break. I'm totally on edge.

I'm such a wimp :)

They really balanced the ammo for my level (lack) of skill. I'm often on the verge of running out.

Durante

I'd also prefer that -- but one good thing about it being on PC (on top of all the standard good things about being on PC ;) ) is that I'm sure it will be fairly easy for someone to undub it for those who prefer that.

It's TitS + battle system refinement + a pinch of Persona. (But don't worry, it's not the random dungeons or boring battle system parts of Persona)

What it doesn't have is Estelle, but this is a criticism which can be leveled at everything that's not TitS though.

Tonton

that's weird, why don't they release those 2?

Basically, they're PSP games (with a PC version for the first one in China and Japan and for the second one in China only) and Falcom urged them to do the Cold Steel games since they were on PS3/Vita after the success of FC on Steam
You can read in more detail here

XSEED wants to do them but with how SC and 3rd performed there's likely a worry they couldn't sell enough to justify the cost, they're done with PSP games and we don't even know if they could get the PC version for the second game so there's a lot of things that could prevent them from coming over

not sure what you mean with the second question lol

nbraun80

Really happy to see Darkest Dungeon on the top sellers list again, amazing game and cool devs. I'm assuming popular twitch streamers like MoonMoon and Dans gaming playing the new DLC a bunch helped with that.

DataGhost

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel store page is up. Has July set as a release date (no specific day though).

Damn, looking at this game I sort of want a game that revolves around a school setting with RPG elements.

Anyone have any recommendations for steam games like this?

zkylon

zkylewd
It's TitS + battle system refinement + a pinch of Persona. (But don't worry, it's not the random dungeons or boring battle system parts of Persona)

What it doesn't have is Estelle, but this is a criticism which can be leveled at everything that's not TitS though.
sounds kind of great, idgaf about estelle so that's really whatever for me

too bad no estelle probably means no olivier so that's an actual thing to feel bad about

Basically, they're PSP games (with a PC version for the first one in China and Japan and for the second one in China only) and Falcom urged them to do the Cold Steel games since they were on PS3/Vita after the success of FC on Steam
You can read in more detail here

XSEED wants to do them but with how SC and 3rd performed there's likely a worry they couldn't sell enough to justify the cost, they're done with PSP games and we don't even know if they could get the PC version for the second game so there's a lot of things that could prevent them from coming over

not sure what you mean with the second question lol
i see

maybe i'm crazy but i feel like these people could make bank if they just published a new non-sequel game on steam

sounds kind of great, idgaf about estelle so that's really whatever for me

too bad no estelle probably means no olivier so that's a shame

19-7.png

CHC

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game

Bear in mind my notebook gets hot (90C) pretty easily, so being lightweight is very important. Any suggestions?

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Outstanding game and it should run ok on a medium / low end system. I mean, the game was on PS3 and 360, so I expect you'd be fine.

Not 100% sure what you mean by war game, but other than the first level it's not set during a war and you're largely a solo operative.

Dr.Acula

Banned

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game

If you haven't played F.E.A.R., do so.

Wag

Is Black Desert Online any good? I've been reading good things about it. Guild Wars 2 was the last MMO I played, and it's been a few years since I picked it up. How's the performance?

Buy a bunch of games during the summer sale, and then continue to play nothing but Overwatch...but I'm sure one day I'll get to these kickass games, lol.

I'd also prefer that -- but one good thing about it being on PC (on top of all the standard good things about being on PC ;) ) is that I'm sure it will be fairly easy for someone to undub it for those who prefer that.

Game never had a PC release in the past though, right? I'm a bit naive about these things but if that's the case, wont it be a little harder to undub it?

yuraya

Activision really sucks when in it comes to discounting the COD franchise. I've wanted to get into the Black Ops trilogy for a while now but they never do a decent discount of any kind. Nor do they do HumbleBundles. I mean how are you gonna charge people 20$ for a 7 year old game? And Black Op 2 is $30? Come on man.

yuraya

Worst of all the communities for those games are practically dead too. So they are charging people premium price for old games which are only half games at this point and nowhere near the experience it was near launch. Activision is so out of touch. Even EA isn't this terrible.

MUnited83

For you.
Worst of all the communities for those games are practically dead too. So they are charging people premium price for old games which are only half games at this point and nowhere near the experience it was near launch. Activision is so out of touch. Even EA isn't this terrible.

Call of Duty 4 is actually pretty darn alive. Plenty of active servers, a big ass selection of mods to choose from, etc.

Dishonored for $2.50 Low Spec Gamer doing his thing but it plays really well on low without extra tweaks

System Shock 2

Wow, I can play Dishonored on my notebook ^_^ And I kind of like the retro look. Thanks!

Also, I own System Shock 2 on GOG, but havent' played it yet. I'll try it too.

Have you tried SuperHot?

I'm interested, but I'll wait for a lower price.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is badass and there's a bundle with Far Cry Blood Dragon.

I think both might be (literally) too hot for my notebook :)

Wolfenstein: The New Order. Outstanding game and it should run ok on a medium / low end system. I mean, the game was on PS3 and 360, so I expect you'd be fine.

I think my notebook can handle it in terms of power, but sadly, it will probably overheat. Man, this is such a stupid notebook :(

If you haven't played F.E.A.R., do so.

For some weird reason, it's not on sale, but looks perfect for my notebook. I'll wishlist it, thanks!

kurahador

Free-to-play, but Duelyst is...pretty fun. The matchmaking is really fast too.

Just bought Telltale's Batman. Think this will be the only game I buy in this sale.

sadblob

I liked the three Dark Souls 2 DLCs (except the challenge zoens) better than almost anything in the main game.

Only the final boss remains, I would say 12 bucks for the content you get is totally worth it.

zkylon

zkylewd
call visa "hey i can't buy shit on steam what's up with that"

"the site is probably not working pls try in two more hours"

"i just tried with my mom's credit card, site works fine, i tried my card on other sites and it doesn't work. it's a credit card thing 100% sure"

"pls try in two more hours and let us know"

it took this conversation 15 minutes of waiting on hold to happen

CHC

SOMA has been amazing so far.

SOMA is just amazing, all the way through. One of the most unsettling and thought provoking horror games I've ever played. Been a huge advocate since day 1, and probably played it about 3 times through.

I liked the three Dark Souls 2 DLCs (except the challenge zoens) better than almost anything in the main game.

Only the final boss remains, I would say 12 bucks for the content you get is totally worth it.

Definitely worth it. The DLC packs are some of the best levels in the game. Wasn't personally a huge fan of Ivory King, but nevertheless a great package.

it's not on Steam, but Titanfall 2 has an excellent campaign and it's on sale for $20. I heard DOOM also has good campaign and it's on Steam for $15.
Thanks for the heads up, was looking for Titanfall 2 to get cheap so I picked it up. Using Origin for the first time and it has the worst interface between the major launchers that I've used, my goodness.

finntroll

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game

Condemned: criminal origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom