• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I'm looking for an FPS that:

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game
- has a good single-player campaign (I don't play online)

Bear in mind my notebook gets hot (90C) pretty easily, so being lightweight is very important. Any suggestions?
Call of Juarez - Gunslinger could be up your alley, if it hasn't been mentioned yet. Not sure how laptop-friendly it would be, though.

Opinions on Voidspire Tactics (and to a lesser extent Alvora Tactics)? It seems like it hits all the right beats. Lots of classes, abilities, gear. Just not sure about the story.

Skelter

Banned
Atelier Sophie is great. It's also the cheaper on and the only other Atelier game on Steam is Firis, which is a sequel to Sophie anyway :p

Buy Sophie. Firis is more divisive/problematic and a worse port to boot. Sophie is a relatively easy recommendation to make and a fine entry point to the franchise.

Guess it's Sophie and the Deluxe Edition, thanks! I've seen Durante HYPE the hell out of Atelier games. Always been interested in trying them.

Burt

Opinions on Voidspire Tactics (and to a lesser extent Alvora Tactics)? It seems like it hits all the right beats. Lots of classes, abilities, gear. Just not sure about the story.

Alvora Tactics was great. Really hooked me for about 15+ hours, which was plenty worth it for the price. Still planning on going back for a few hours to round it all out. Game has great combat and customization. The UI took some getting used to, there are a few differences from typical SRPGs that you'll have to readjust to, and I'm not about to sing praises for the game's aesthetic, but if you're looking for a mechanically excellent SPRG, you can't go wrong with Alvora Tactics.

With that said, from what I've read/heard, everything I just said applies to Voidspire Tactics as well, except Voidspire has a not-quite-as-expansive job system but a much better story.

Ascheroth

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel store page is up. Has July set as a release date (no specific day though).
HELL TO THE FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Give me that preorder button Xseed.
devolver_shut_up_and_take_my_money_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbcggxo.gif

Now that it's confirmed for July, here are some ideas for the Steam OT July subtitle again :p

STEAM | July 2017 - The weather's hot but at least there is Cold Steel
STEAM | July 2017 - The weather's hot but Steel will keep us Cold
STEAM | July 2017 - The weather's hot but the Steel is Cold

Thoughts? Better ideas?

Trails in the Cold Steel steam page is up. Interestingly, minimum specs are GPD Win specs, with a mode called "portable"
Neat.
Based Durante.

Picked up
  • Outlast (because it was crazy-cheap)
  • Shadow of Morder (same)
  • Stephen's Sausage Roll (no longer an intimidatng price, if still an intimidating game)
  • Silence of the Sleep (Heard about it in numerous Hidden Gem topics)
  • Stories Untold (I like the mysterious vibes and let's face it, the Stranger Things-style... style.)

Now that it's confirmed for July, here are some ideas for the Steam OT July subtitle again :p

Thoughts? Better ideas?

Based Durante.

Yeah, my thoughts as well.

kevin1025

Banned

Thoughts? Better ideas?

Based Durante.

I approve of any of these, good stuff!

Picked up
  • Outlast (because it was crazy-cheap)
  • Shadow of Morder (same)
  • Stephen's Sausage Roll (no longer an intimidatng price, if still an intimidating game)
  • Silence of the Sleep (Heard about it in numerous Hidden Gem topics)
  • Stories Untold (I like the mysterious vibes and let's face it, the Stranger Things-style... style.)

That's an awesome list, you'll be having some good times.

yuraya

4bf84cf472e5108997cd0283a20ef96c548adb2f.jpg

Finished up Hollow Knight. Took me about 17hrs. Got 35% completion.

Lots of stuff unexplored but yea what a great video game. One of the best Metroidvanias I've ever played. So many good boss fights and so many beautiful locations. So little handholding makes this an instant classic. The vast variety of enemies and how dangerous they all are makes this such a great 2D Souls like gem. Easily worth the 10$ if you are still on the fence about it. No doubt will be a strong GOTY contender.

zkylon

zkylewd
well since my credit card is fixed i bought bayonetta and god eater and hollow knight

i'm feeling like swording stuff so i feel i made some good choices

i think i got like 3 or 4 bucks left on my wallet, will probably try and get one indie game or something with the rest so i don't feel i spent all my money on murder

jtb

Banned
Torn on whether to pick up Mankind Divided. (And maybe Dishonored 2?)

Deus Ex is basically my favorite game ever. Worried that I'll just be crushed with disappointment playing MD. (Wasn't that blown away by HR tbh)

Also, is the DLC worth it? Looks like Deluxe version with Season pass is reasonably cheap.

After digging into a bunch of hidden gem threads, I ended up with the following checkout:

The Turing Test
Stories: Path of Destinies
TRI: Of Friendship and Madness
The Black Watchman
Wuppo
Drox Operative
LostWinds 1 and 2
Seraph
Voidspire Tactics
Ara Fell
Tribal Pass
Westerado: Double Barreled
Train Valley
Gateways
Tetrobot and Co
Sokobond
SquareCells
The Floor is Jelly

Anything on here that is actually bad and should be avoided?

Torn on whether to pick up Mankind Divided. (And maybe Dishonored 2?)

Deus Ex is basically my favorite game ever. Worried that I'll just be crushed with disappointment playing MD. (Wasn't that blown away by HR tbh)

Also, is the DLC worth it? Looks like Deluxe version with Season pass is reasonably cheap.

If you're looking for that style of game I think both Prey and Dishonored 2 are better choices than Deus Ex MD. The hub world and the way its side-quest work is the only really standout part of Mankind Divided.

Ventara

After digging into a bunch of hidden gem threads, I ended up with the following checkout:

The Turing Test
Stories: Path of Destinies
TRI: Of Friendship and Madness
The Black Watchman
Wuppo
Drox Operative
LostWinds 1 and 2
Seraph
Voidspire Tactics
Ara Fell
Tribal Pass
Westerado: Double Barreled
Train Valley
Gateways
Tetrobot and Co
Sokobond
SquareCells
The Floor is Jelly

Anything on here that is actually bad and should be avoided?

From the ones I've played, nothing to de-recommend. Only thing I would say is that some of these have been in bundles not too long ago and you might be able to buy them much cheaper in the BST thread, if that's something you're interested in.

And if I can recommend one more game to add to your list; Highlands. A severely overlooked gem that's currently only $2 CDN (might be cheaper on the US storefront).

MUnited83

For you.

Thoughts? Better ideas?

Based Durante.
STEAM | July 2017 - Please Stop with the Jojo

From the ones I've played, nothing to de-recommend. Only thing I would say is that some of these have been in bundles not too long ago and you might be able to buy them much cheaper in the BST thread, if that's something you're interested in.

And if I can recommend one more game to add to your list; Highlands. A severely overlooked gem that's currently only $2 CDN (might be cheaper on the US storefront).

Added in Highlands. Thanks!

Is there any way to filter out all the crappy bundle games in my games list?

You can either hide them or remove them completely, although the later will remove all of the games tied to one key/subscription if you remove one of them.

The hide option if available in the menu where you set a category for a game, and for removing the game, you use the support site. https://help.steampowered.com/

Games that you remove yourself, you can get back if you want to later, by using the same support site.

Sorry guys. I own most of those.

Here is my entire Metroidvania list I own on Steam. I'm somewhat of a collector of the genre, but I do have standards. I'm generally want something that is good quality from a decent consensus. I mean I received a recommendation for Rabi-Ribi but I'm not too sure of the aesthetic.

Other then Headlander that I already shouted about, Outland is the one other Metroidvania I know about that you don't have in your list there. Been playing Outland for 1h now, and so far it's a quality game, much better then other games in the genre, like Guacamelee (which I think is vastly overrated).

Tizoc

Thoughts? Better ideas?

Based Durante.

Gonna send the bolded to MRORANGE ALONG WITH MY list of July titles.
I'ma leave Cold Steel t you lot.

STEAM | July 2017 - Please Stop with the Jojo

Uh it was only 1 time, fam.

Ascheroth

Gonna send the bolded to MRORANGE ALONG WITH MY list of July titles.
I'ma leave Cold Steel t you lot.
:thumbsup

I'll just say that I can't do a Cold Steel write-up since I'm not familiar with at all besides it being a Falcom game and being in the Trails-series :p

Anoxida

Hm. Kinda confirms my suspicions.

That hub is crazy big complex and stuffed woth secrets and you spend most of your game there. Honestly quite possibly the best hub of all time. Prague is a better.designed area than anyhing in original deus ex. (Altho i still prefer the original). I'd recommend MD over prey 2 and dh2. Get md and dh2 if u can.

Nzyme32

4bf84cf472e5108997cd0283a20ef96c548adb2f.jpg

Finished up Hollow Knight. Took me about 17hrs. Got 35% completion.

Lots of stuff unexplored but yea what a great video game. One of the best Metroidvanias I've ever played. So many good boss fights and so many beautiful locations. So little handholding makes this an instant classic. The vast variety of enemies and how dangerous they all are makes this such a great 2D Souls like gem. Easily worth the 10$ if you are still on the fence about it. No doubt will be a strong GOTY contender.

I ended up with 45hrs put into, but obviously that is almost 100% without guides and with the "true" end which imo is a must

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

MaxiLive

I'm looking for an FPS that:

- is very lightweight
- is very cheap
- is not a war game
- has a good single-player campaign (I don't play online)

Bear in mind my notebook gets hot (90C) pretty easily, so being lightweight is very important. Any suggestions?

Do you have Half Life and the expansions yet? They are worth a shot.

I picked up Towers Unite due to some mrecommendations in the hidden gems thread and had a blast with a friend in the short time I played. It seems like it will be a really good chillout area where you can hop into some competitive games.

It has a lot of potential but is lacking some major features I think it could really have like character model customisation (you can only do colours at the moment, not facial features or body size etc). Plus there is a lot of "coming soon" signs on a lot of activities which look like a lot of fun!

Seeing what players come up with is erm.. interesting:

iUlM1na.jpg

We visited a randomers house and stumbled upon the above room while Turkish music was being played in the other room. There was a Kim Jong Un shrine just behind us in that screenshot.

Ascheroth

Just wanted to mention that World End Economica is really good at timing it's climaxes.
I think I'll be done with Episode 3 today or more likely tomorrow and I'll see if it can stick the landing :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

IMSCARED -- MB-565669FE0B09D257 - Taken by Ascheroth
Karma: Incarnation 1 -- MB-816A93B6E8F3FCAD - Taken by Arthea

Tomasety

If you don't mind reading rpgcodex then you might get your answer reading the review.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10436

It should do. The notice that was sent out to sellers is more detailed and regardless of whether you're selling items personally or as a "business", you'll need to provide sufficient evidence of a registered business name in order to create new listings.

As JaseC said, it should make a difference.

According to a post from a user on g2a's reddit forum:

According the email g2a sent me. People who have 900 Eur or more in total sales must apply for their new verification before they can sell or withdraw. If you can't register as a legitimate business, then there is an extended verification you can apply for which will allow you to withdraw your money, but no sell. So I'd you are a very small seller (under 900 lifetime) you are OK.

--
A new interesting game appeared on steam store.

My Time At Portia, a simulation open world RPG from the same devs of Planet Explorers.

It has a demo available if somebody is interested to try it.

Arthea

Nier Automata is back at the top sellers list and is nearing 500K sales, not there yet but could be after the sale

Vanquish is not doing so hot, and still is bellow 100K

Trails in the Sky as always is criminally underrated on steam, 3rd is still only at ~10K (and it is an amazing game), and SC is barely above 40K

Bayonetta is at 220K sold

Cities: Skylines is above 3.5 mln now, wow

Stardew Valley is on the top seller list also, 2.7 mln

Final Fantasy games being on sale, made some good for their numbers too, FF5 is now at 75K and FF6 passed 100K. X/X-2 are nearing half million sales too.
FF14 numbers are nuts for a paid MMO - 640K

edited: almost forgot, Black Desert is almost at 200K and it is locked out for many regions, countries

edit2: I wonder how Cold Steel will do, it being new game might help it to sell better, I hope

Tizoc

:thumbsup

I'll just say that I can't do a Cold Steel write-up since I'm not familiar with at all besides it being a Falcom game and being in the Trails-series :p

...aaaaand sent. Maybe Durante could do a small write up on Cold Steel? Just mention what the gameplay is like and its basic plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom