• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Can someone recommend a good rpg that doesn't take much space (2gb max).

Want to quickly install and play tonight.

ezodagrom

Even though you say 2GB max... would 2.5GB be acceptable? If so, Trails in the Sky FC is pretty nice, though it's just the first part of 3. It's a rather story heavy JRPG, it starts a bit slow but I find that a good thing in this case.

There's some of the Ys games, Oath in Felghana and Origin are both below 2GB (Origin being 1998MB), they're rather short but pretty fun Action JRPGs.

Other than that, Final Fantasy games from 3 to 8 use less than 2GB each I guess.

There's Undertale too at just 150MB, it's a pretty... different rpg.

iiicon

Ys Origin, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Satellite Reign, Undertale are all under 2 gigs on my drive. Well, Ys Origin is 2.1 gigs, but it's worth the extra space.

Ascheroth

I threw this together during E3, it's very likely missing a few things I overlooked but should be fairly comprehensive of games shown at the big pressers:

August 29 - XCOM2: War of the Chosen
September 14 - Divinity Original Sin 2
September 19 - Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
September 19 - NBA 2k18
September 28 - Total Warhammer 2
September 29 - Cuphead
September 29 - FIFA
October 03 - Forza Motorsport 7
October 10 - Shadow of War/Mordor
October 13 - The Evil Within 2
October 15 - Dishonored 2 DLC
October 17 - South Park Fractured But Whole
October 24 - Destiny 2 PC
October 27 - Wolfenstein 2
October 27 - Assassin's Creed Origins
November 03 - Call of Duty WW2
November 07 - Crackdown 3
November 10 - Need for Speed: Payback
November 10 - Ni no Kuni 2
November 14 - Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
November 17 - Battlefront 2
Your list is missing the best 4 games of the remaining year.

July - Trails of Cold Steel
Summer? - Zwei II
September 12 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Fall - Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Of all the characters in Stardew Valley they picked Pam?

The Divinity one is kinda baffling, as well. It's Scarlett, one of the default player characters; not as she appears in the box art, but her portrait in-game.

I don't know that anyone would attribute it with Divinity without the credits.

Edit: Ok, I forgive Valve, their Stellaris one is amazing.

Teggy

Well I just picked up $175 in Steam bucks from GameStop trades. Let's see if I can stay strong on my quest to keep my backlog down. I wouldn't mind picking up a good palate cleanser after RE7 though.

Nicolada

Just bought:

Grim Fandango Remastered
Danganronpa 2
Alien: Isolation
Turok
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Half-Life (may as well, was $0.99)

Also considering a Star Wars game, but I don't know where to start there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-B84E58266C65B3DF - Taken by Jmanunknown
Zooicide -- MB-CFD85AFEDDFC2EF8 - Taken by Purkake4
Zooicide #2 -- MB-3B71E6CDA035DDC9 - Taken by Jalal

If I absolutely hated Final Fantasy Tactics will I hate Disgea?

I liked Fire Emblem 3DS a bit, and loved Devil Survivor. Could not stand the obvious unfairness in FFTactics (98% chance to miss = always miss, the stupid law penalties, enemy status effects always working even with laughably low success chances).

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-B84E58266C65B3DF - Taken by Jmanunknown
Zooicide -- MB-CFD85AFEDDFC2EF8 - Taken by Purkake4
Zooicide #2 -- MB-3B71E6CDA035DDC9 - Taken by Jalal
Wait if I want Zooicide does it matter which line I copy and paste? Should I do both since it's just one game?

kionedrik

I played it on Plus and it's very repetitive, since you need to beat some levels several times in order to see the true ending.

Personally the fairy tale aesthetic and story telling is what I liked the most. It's true that it can be repetitive, although enemy encounters vary from loop to loop, highest tier skills make combat super fast and a single story can be finished in under 30 minutes.
I was lucky enough to find the true ending on my 7th or 8th loop so perhaps that's why I liked it so much. No doubt the more you play the more repeated content you'll find.

Disgaea is a game that doesn't take itself seriously, so it's the opposite of FFT in tone.

If you hate square grid combat or turn based combat, Disgaea probably won't change your mind.

To clarify, I have no problem with grid combat/turn based combat. I loved Devil Survivor, and I liked Fire Emblem Awakening.

What I hated about FFTactics was:

1. Law system (oh the boss is only weak to fire? Using fire is against the law lol lol lol)

2. Job system (switching jobs at any time gives me min-max overload) where characters can switch jobs at any time.

3. Unfairness. Devil Survivor is hard, but I never felt it was unfair. Meanwhile in FFT the enemy status effects nearly always hit, mine always missed. Despite having allegedly high success rates. I'm convinced FFT manipulates the probability to hit in order to make itself a challenge.

Does Disgea have any of that?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So far I've bought:

Metro Last Light Redux
The Walking Dead Season 3 - Finished 8/10
Fallout 4 - Finished 7/10
Batman: A Telltale series Finished 7/10
Singularity

I'm still on the hunt for some under £5 gems, I've done so many queues this sale but nothing has really jumped out at me.

To clarify, I have no problem with grid combat/turn based combat. I loved Devil Survivor, and I liked Fire Emblem Awakening.

1. Law system (oh the boss is only weak to fire? Using fire is against the law lol lol lol)

2. Job system (switching jobs at any time gives me min-max overload) where characters can switch jobs at any time.

3. Unfairness. Devil Survivor is hard, but I never felt it was unfair. Meanwhile in FFT the enemy status effects nearly always hit, mine always missed. Despite having allegedly high success rates. I'm convinced FFT manipulates the probability to hit in order to make itself a challenge.

The Law system is a FFTA thing and is not in FFT.

Monooboe

So this might be my most LTTP but Crypt of the NecroDanser is pretty good! Only problem I see with it is that I pretty much only use rogue likes as podcast games and music is pretty important in it. So it says one can import ones own mps3, wonder how that would work with podcasts?XD

1. No. As far as I can tell, at no point is a certain mechanic disallowed.

2. Characters can't switch jobs at ANY time without penalties (like being reset to level 1,) but they can create underlings who can transfer skills to them. So you can get warriors who cast magic, dragons who can heal, etc. Min-max overload can happen if you let it.

3. The percentages never felt that bad to me in Disgaea. Stealing can sometimes be a pain, but if you fail at the steal, you don't lose the stealing item, which is nice.

Kaleinc

Banned
So this might be my most LTTP but Crypt of the NecroDanser is pretty good! Only problem I see with it is that I pretty much only use rogue likes as podcast games and music is pretty important in it. So it say one can import ones own mps3, wonder how that would work with podcasts?XD
The audio isn't that important because the floor flashes to the beat.

Monooboe

The audio isn't that important because the floor flashes to the beat.

True, I've just started playing it and the music really help one get into the rhythm.If I don't get Unexplored this sale when crypt might be my rogue like time sink for awhile.

Cels

Will my stickers expire?
Once the sale ends, all stickers and sticker packs will expire. Make sure to apply all of your stickers by July 5th @ 10am PST.

after the sale ends, if you have a completed sticker page, will you still be able to edit it with stickers that belong to an incomplete sticker page?

e.g., if i finished the roller coaster page, but i didn't finish the beach page, after the sale is over, can i use stickers from the beach on my completed roller coaster page?

Probably won't buy anything. I just don't have the money.
Still debating on picking up either Xanadu Next or Wasteland 2 DC but I probably won't get either.

user237

Disagea has a reincarnation system where you re-roll your character as a different class. It's not really like a job system. I don't remember anything like a law system (been a while since I played it).

A lot of people play Disgaea as a min-max game by trying to get to max level and then reincarnating, but if you just want to play the game for its story, you can ingore that feature and still beat the game using only base classes.

Amneisac

Was in GameStop trading in some stuff and they have Axiom Verge physical on PC for $9.97 same price as steam with a neat little steel book and steam code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom