• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's my haul?

The Basement Collection
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Dungeon Escape
English Country Tune
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Orbt XL
Portal
Puzzle Agent
Tiles

£7.09

Eblo

My massive haul so far:

UwC4HJD.png

and by massive, I mean the file size

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How's my haul?

The Basement Collection
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Dungeon Escape
English Country Tune
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Orbt XL
Portal
Puzzle Agent
Tiles

£7.09

I have Half Life 2 in my cart, I thought I was the only PC gamer in the world to have not played it yet, there must be dozens of us!

d00d3n

I went nuts again this year. Seems like I have spent 600 euro (equivalent to 685 usd) on mostly indie games. I think it was a mistake to start looking for deals in my Steam wishlist ... Not recommended if you want to save money!

I have Half Life 2 in my cart, I thought I was the only PC gamer in the world to have not played it yet, there must be dozens of us!

I've played about an hour of the original game on PS2, back in like 2002. Never played the sequel or either Portal game. That's probably pretty unique in this thread!

Got my HTC Vive... this thing is straight up magical. I can't believe how natural and real it feels, I've just used Steam VR and The Lab so far and I'm already blown away.

Bought: Sexy Brutale, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Cosmic Star Heroine, Valdis Story.

Almost done with Sexy Brutale, but I find it kind of boring. It's mostly following people around and waiting for them to talk about the clue. The puzzles themselves were really easy to solve.

Played a few rounds of Dead Cells too, seems pretty fun. I might get into it.

Looking forward to Cosmic Star Heroine and Hollow Knight the most though.

kcp12304

Banned
Haulin

Batman Arkham Knight + Season Pass [Bundlestars] - $9.48
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [WinGameStore] - $5.69
Divinity: Original Sin EE - $15.99
The Sea Will Claim Everything - $2.49
Neon Struct - $3.59
Hard West - $4.99
The Banner Saga - $4.99

Total: $47.22

tombo85

Traded in some PS4 games and got

Doom
Dishonored 2
Dragons Dogma
Dying Light
Killer is Dead
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Wolfenstein New Order

Eila

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Owners: 4,422 ± 1,984

can't say i'm surprised

I'll buy it later. Didn't even beat Danganronpa 2 and there's like a million Falcom games (actually 4, maybe 5) coming out in the 2nd half of the year.

If I absolutely hated Final Fantasy Tactics will I hate Disgea?

I liked Fire Emblem 3DS a bit, and loved Devil Survivor. Could not stand the obvious unfairness in FFTactics (98% chance to miss = always miss, the stupid law penalties, enemy status effects always working even with laughably low success chances).

Disgaea's more like a game that encourages the player to take each and every one of its gameplay systems and abuse them. Sure, one of the ways to abuse the mechanics is to grind the shit out of everything (the game encourages this, lots of ways to grind for stuff). But there's also other ways to think about how to use every mechanic in the game so that you're pummeling the characters to bits, both on and off the battlefield.

It doesn't take itself too seriously and I didn't think it was unfair. But then, I didn't think FFTA was unfair either - in fact I found that game extremely easy and relaxed in comparison to basically every other SRPG.

Try the Disgaea 2 demo, it should give you a good idea of what to expect.

will i like Disgaea 1 or 2 if i really liked grandia 2 and skies of arcadia ?

Completely different tone and gameplay. Hard to say. Like I said above, try Disgaea 2's demo.

FaintDeftone

My final haul:

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (not on-sale but bought it anyway due to hype)
Sonic Generations
Virginia
Just Cause 3
Song of the Deep
Shadow of Mordor (to upgrade my Xbox One copy)
Killing Floor 2

I think I'm done.

Tonton

I'll buy it later. Didn't even beat Danganronpa 2 and there's like a million Falcom games (actually 4, maybe 5) coming out in the 2nd half of the year.
Yeah I was excited to get it at first but with all these Falcom games coming on the second half of the year I'll have to get it later

My haul this year:

Both pieces of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning story DLC (already had the game)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Hyperdevotion Noire
Please Don't Touch Anything
Virginia
Chompy Chomp Chomp
A cheap RPG Maker game bundle
Iron Brigade
Stacking
Overlord

Adds up to about $25, of which $10 was trading card money. So not bad. Thinking about grabbing at least the first of the Dishonored DLC's.

I'm happy with Neptunia, I wanted a comfy JRPG and I got it. I'm not into the cutesy anime stuff but the battle system is just what I wanted. I also really love Stacking from the small bit I've played, it's a lovely and funny game. Can't believe I've missed it for this long.

EDIT: I also bought The Witcher 3 GOTY on GOG during their summer sale. I guess that counts too, even though I sold my GPU so I can't play it right now.

My haul is only

Hollow Knight
Witcher 3 GOTY Edition
Disney Infinity Gold 1/2/3

But I also got
Watch Dogs 2 (for Uplay)
Titanfall 2 (for Origin)
Unreal Deal Pack (for Steam)
during the Steam sale

ultraJosh

All I've picked up so far is Darkest Dungeon + DLC.

I need help deciding between Prey and Nier: Automata. Dose anyone know if Nier supports DualShock 4 controller natively or will I have to use DS4windows?

Sarcasm

All I've picked up so far is Darkest Dungeon + DLC.

I need help deciding between Prey and Nier: Automata. Dose anyone know if Nier supports DualShock 4 controller natively or will I have to use DS4windows?

You don't even need DS4windows anymore since steam supports it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I went nuts again this year. Seems like I have spent 600 euro (equivalent to 685 usd) on mostly indie games. I think it was a mistake to start looking for deals in my Steam wishlist ... Not recommended if you want to save money!

Woof!

The only thing I can say to that is you definitely won't get through all of those before the winter sale, and some will come down in price by then.

That does not sound good at all. You can't possibly play that many games in a year unless you bought every game for 60 bucks and only bought 7 or 8 games.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Still not over, but I think this is the first sale in years I have not bought at least SOMETHING...

Nothing is jumping out at me.

low-G

Got my HTC Vive... this thing is straight up magical. I can't believe how natural and real it feels, I've just used Steam VR and The Lab so far and I'm already blown away.

Xortex proves that VR allows the first true innovation in video games in decades. Different, awesome, unique, and impossible without VR.

d00d3n

Woof!

The only thing I can say to that is you definitely won't get through all of those before the winter sale, and some will come down in price by then.

This is guaranteed, but I did get a lot of the games at a pretty heft discount due to buying mostly indie games.

That does not sound good at all. You can't possibly play that many games in a year unless you bought every game for 60 bucks and only bought 7 or 8 games.

No full prize games. And yeah, I don't play that many games in a year. It is a bit fucked up, but it can be fun to buy games as well. It is probably no worse than all those causals buying livestock in farmville and lives in pet rescure and all that stuff. In fact, what I do is much better, because I support the indie gaming scene!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is guaranteed, but I did get a lot of the games at a pretty heft discount due to buying mostly indie games.

No full prize games. And yeah, I don't play that many games in a year. It is a bit fucked up, but it can be fun to buy games as well. It is probably no worse than all those causals buying livestock in farmville and lives in pet rescure and all that stuff. In fact, what I do is much better, because I support the indie gaming scene!

When I grow up I want my bank account to big and strong like yours ;)

If I wanted to spend $600 on indie games, the first thing I'd do is subscribe to the Humble Monthly for a year. Sure you won't get them all right away, but I think getting the games at a monthly pace might encourage me to actually try them. Of course, you run the risk of duplicate games when spending the next $500 or so.

I guess I could see someone just wanting to go all out and get everything all at once for the smorgasbord effect. It's a lot of fun to tear through my recent purchases and give each an hour of playtime.

d00d3n

When I grow up I want my bank account to big and strong like yours ;)

Getting a nice bank account hasn't changed my gaming habits a lot though. I just stopped pirating, which I did fanatically as a kid. But yeah, it feels nice to own all these games!

When I first started playing TF2, the chat discussion had turned to Half-Life 2 and I casually mentioned that I'd never played it (I actually bought TF2 individually after hearing about it in GAF.) A guy on my team just handed it to me. Apparently he bought HL2, then he bought the Orange Box and got the gift copy, but didn't have anyone to gift it to since everyone he knew played it. It was a pretty good experience, and I say better late than never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom