• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the rules to giveaway.
ModBot said:
]Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Calcu-Late -- MB-607444FBC35190EE - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Clergy Splode -- MB-72B52F9096F15258 - Taken by Mikurden
Escape Machines -- MB-2EC157E2E5151C0A - Taken by Mikurden
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun -- MB-0E1021016943CD8C - Taken by voodooray
Lup -- MB-B923E6A06BB33B3B - Taken by titch
Project Druid - 2D Labyrinth Explorer- -- MB-74D677022D70137F - Taken by fuzzy123
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-4FE489400C114E3E - Taken by Mikurden
Star Drifter -- MB-C98D224AAE297416 - Taken by Mikurden
Stellar 2D -- MB-BD01B6E46E8A56AE - Taken by voodooray
Super Mustache -- MB-A1E169C5A1354F86 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Super Space Pug -- MB-BDB5BB6A33D398FE - Taken by Mikurden
Terra Incognita ~ Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-781B01FC0E78B498 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Tinboy -- MB-1F1E4C15E928CEAD - Taken by Loptous

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of the Gods Guardians of the Universe DLC Pack -- MB-407B45D4DCE00CC3 - Taken by Sarcasm

Add the f2p game first to your account and than redeem the key for a +1.

What about Prey though?

Well retail games are 60$ of which publisher takes something around 30 from what I remember. So since digital games were supposed to push savings on consumer then 50% off is what those games should have costed in first place - everything after that is discount.

It does, doesn't it? I mean, not in the sense that the controls would be mapped like that, if you made the game with the intention of supporting controllers from the beginning, but as far as I remember you can do everything with a controller. It's a little cumbersome with having to bring a cursor up with... Was it start button or something like that?

It has controller support. It's just best to improve it a bit by using Steam's controller support and putting the mouse on the right stick (and left click on the right trigger). It's really solid.

Yeah, from what I've read inventory management is gonna be cumbersome with a controller.

That's mainly what holding me back from purchasing the game.

I had a lot of fun with the Playstation version. No idea if the pc version has any sort of community but it's got a lot of character to it

Finally caved in and bought it, which now puts me at a total of $88.57. I am now officially done with this sale, time to save for the next one!

Nabs

Yeah, from what I've read inventory management is gonna be cumbersome with a controller.

Inventory management is a breeze once you use Steam's input solution. I put it in more than 30 hours (multiple characters) with my DS4 and it's been great.

bede-x

It is cumbersome, because you have to hold a button in to make a cursor appear (start I think) when sorting inventory and selecting some things, but it is absolutely manageable. I wouldn't skip it because of that. ymmv.

Pachimari

Does all the DLC and Season Pass come with the Premium edition of Batman: Arkham Knight? Or will I have to buy the Arkham Knight bundle and then the Season Pass separately?

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-899F8A96B9D3C998 - Taken by texhnolyze

fantomena

Anyone knows about a good PC release calendar for the rest of the year? I have no overview other than I know I'll get Evil Within 2, Wolfy Colossus, Dishonored, Cuphead and Tacoma.

Hitman. Doom is crazy overrated. If you played the demo, it's the same thing over and over and over Shoot until the enemy glows and then melee kill. That is the entire game. I can't believe how crazy people went over it when it came out.. It's mediocre at best, I'd say it's worth about 20 bucks. One of the only games in years that I completely regret finishing and not stopping and refunding.

Have to disagree here. Yes, that is the gameplay loop but it's a brilliant one. Movement, enemy design, weapons it all comes together in a superb shooter that rightfully earned its praise.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for 2 player games? My buddy bought me the Metro Redux bundle and I want to return the favour by buying him a game that we can play through together.

My steam

Chumley

Banned
Hitman. Doom is crazy overrated. If you played the demo, it's the same thing over and over and over Shoot until the enemy glows and then melee kill. That is the entire game. I can't believe how crazy people went over it when it came out.. It's mediocre at best, I'd say it's worth about 20 bucks. One of the only games in years that I completely regret finishing and not stopping and refunding.

Jesus, this post is straight up clueless.

Oreoleo

Anyone knows about a good PC release calendar for the rest of the year? I have no overview other than I know I'll get Evil Within 2, Wolfy Colossus, Dishonored, Cuphead and Tacoma.

I threw this together during E3, it's very likely missing a few things I overlooked but should be fairly comprehensive of games shown at the big pressers:

August 29 - XCOM2: War of the Chosen
September 14 - Divinity Original Sin 2
September 19 - Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
September 19 - NBA 2k18
September 28 - Total Warhammer 2
September 29 - Cuphead
September 29 - FIFA
October 03 - Forza Motorsport 7
October 10 - Shadow of War/Mordor
October 13 - The Evil Within 2
October 15 - Dishonored 2 DLC
October 17 - South Park Fractured But Whole
October 24 - Destiny 2 PC
October 27 - Wolfenstein 2
October 27 - Assassin's Creed Origins
November 03 - Call of Duty WW2
November 07 - Crackdown 3
November 10 - Need for Speed: Payback
November 10 - Ni no Kuni 2
November 14 - Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
November 17 - Battlefront 2

I think I've decided I'm not going to get anything in this sale. I've got too much to play and no time to play it as is. I might pick some stuff up during Humble's Summer Sale later in the season though.

Auraela

Banned

When you out doom like that then hitman can be brought down same.

I hope you dont buy a racing game after all its just accelerating and drifting round corners.

Coreda

Is Livestreamer the only way to watch Twitch VODs without Flash?

Tried changing the browser user agent to mobile since I'd read the mobile version provides it but it didn't load.

Zeneric

Fuckin blasphemy.

BasilZero

Welp.

I'm done with the purchases for this year.

I can honestly say I've spent the most this year in terms of Summer sales lol

Last thing I bought game wise is LittleBigPlanet 3 but that was for my PS4 :p

Here's what I bought for Steam from the summer sale.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Bundle Edition - $13.26
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Gold Edition - $13
Sonic Lost World - $7.50
The Walking Dead Season 2 - $6.24
Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris + Season Pass - $5.79
Prince of Persia Warrior Within - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 - $5
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 - $5
LEGO Lord of the Rings - $5
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor GOTY - $4
Atari Vault - $3.39
Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition- -$3
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD - $3
HITMAN GO Definitive Edition - $2
SEGA Classics: Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine - $1.24

$82.42

Ended up getting nier automata (I know performance issues but dammit I need to play that game), hollow knight and black desert :)

Not a tonne but don't have much money this year so

Coreda

Get twitchleecher. You can download vods.

Thanks. Thing is, I'm only looking to view them casually/at points rather than the entire thing since they can be rather long.

Edit: I didn't notice in the description that timecode selection of VOD downloads is a feature. Nice!

Paradox announced that they will revert back their prices but only after the sale has ended which really makes it even more a scam to buy their games right now.

This is what they said. Unknown if they will refund or not though.

In regards to the price changes you are absolutely right. You deserve more transparency and better communication from Paradox when it comes to changing of our prices and pricing policy. Therefore I have decided to roll back all price changes made; any price changes will have to be for future products well communicated in advance. I just came off the phone with Steam and they say we can't do the roll-back before the Summer Sale is over (otherwise it would mean we have to take all Paradox products off the summer sale) but it will be done right after. For anyone who bought any of the games during this time (including during the summer sale) we will try to refund (if possible in the Steam platform) or reimburse with games of a value exceeding the difference. If none of this is possible (I do not in detail know the limits to the Steam platform) we will internally calculate the difference in revenue before and after the price change, double the value, and donate the money to the UNHCR.

Parsnip

Updating to a bigger ssd, what should I do with my old one?
I guess I could make it a game only drive or something.

Nah. Removed the contents a week ago and the size's still sitting at 30-40GB today. When DOOM's updated, sure.

He did say initially.

TsuXna

Thanks. Thing is, I'm only looking to view them casually/at points rather than the entire thing since they can be rather long.

oh i just realized you want to watch it not using Flash. Go to the VOD>Settings> Advanced > Turn on HTML 5 player. It will disable Flash

mclem

Hmm, I just got an achievement in Sokobond and wasn't credited with the 'earn an achievement' reward. Is there some delay on it usually?

Steam Summer Sale Round: 2

pA9tJJD.png

Gonna have to think about NMS a bit longer before I go ahead and buy this batch. I told myself I would get it when it was under $20, but this is pretty damn close.

Man, I still can't get over the price premium on No Man's Sky. Shocks me every time I see it.
This is what they said. Unknown if they will refund or not though.

The charity thing seems the most likely to me. I dunno that Steam is flexible enough for the other options. (To be clear, this is said with a complete layman's understanding of Steam's capabilities.)

The whole Paradox disaster really couldn't have turned out worse for them. They get hit with backlash for the initial price increase, which was meant to cushion the blow of the backlash when they increase prices down the line. Now, instead, the prices will be a permanent reminder of what happened, with a clear divide between pre-disaster and post-disaster content pricing. One of the clearest examples of rolling double 1's I can think of.

And as an aside, I'd be positive on Paradox buying Triumph were it not for this whole thing. But instead, it just bums me out.

fantomena

I threw this together during E3, it's very likely missing a few things I overlooked but should be fairly comprehensive of games shown at the big pressers:

August 29 - XCOM2: War of the Chosen
September 14 - Divinity Original Sin 2
September 19 - Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
September 19 - NBA 2k18
September 28 - Total Warhammer 2
September 29 - Cuphead
September 29 - FIFA
October 03 - Forza Motorsport 7
October 10 - Shadow of War/Mordor
October 13 - The Evil Within 2
October 15 - Dishonored 2 DLC
October 17 - South Park Fractured But Whole
October 24 - Destiny 2 PC
October 27 - Wolfenstein 2
October 27 - Assassin's Creed Origins
November 03 - Call of Duty WW2
November 07 - Crackdown 3
November 10 - Need for Speed: Payback
November 10 - Ni no Kuni 2
November 14 - Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
November 17 - Battlefront 2

From this list, October will be the biggest month for me on PC.

Jimrpg

If you're looking to get one more game and you're not sure what to get - get PLANET COASTER.

My quick comments / cross post from the OT -

I'm so blown away by this game. More people should be playing this. It's so fun. It's really easy to start building your park and mostly everything is intuitive, like there's no tutorial but I figured everything out anyway.

The graphics are out of this world and there's so much personality everywhere, the only disappointing thing to me is that it's crippling my GTX 1070 :(, I'm just getting 50-60fps (my monitor is 1440p) in the first park on a rollercoaster on high settings. Would love to get the FPS higher on my high refresh (144hz) monitor.

This is the first park you play in - a Pirate themed park

And look what you can do - This guy made Moana the Theme Park -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABBdHKnT8U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom