• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuXna

I keep looking into Dead Cells but I simply can't make up my mind about it. I really like the way it looks and the way it seems to play but lately I just feel burned out on the rogue-like/lite concept. When people say that the game reminds them of Rogue Legacy it certainly doesn't help either. I don't know.

I would highly recommend Dead Cells. Fun & challenging game. There are some areas you going to absolutely hate. There's still not enough content because its in early access. So you can beat it in few hours and then play it again when they release more content or just wait until full release.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I wanted to use this Summer Sale as a good excuse to share more love for the incredible Escape Goat 2, but it's not discounted. :(

Valahart

I was ready to buy 7 games when I looked at my Library and had an epiphany. My backlog is absolutely huge, last sale I bought games like Dark Souls III, Metal Gear Solid V and Batman Arkham Knight and still haven't touched them, I still haven't touched most of their predecessors. I could easily go 2 years without buying anything new. So I think I'm skipping this sale.....

Dishonored 2 though.... it's reached the price I said I would buy it... and I just finished Dishonored's DLC...... lol

TsuXna

I was ready to buy 7 games when I looked at my Library and had an epiphany. My backlog is absolutely huge, last sale I bought games like Dark Souls III, Metal Gear Solid V and Batman Arkham Knight and still haven't touched them, I still haven't touched most of their predecessors. I could easily go 2 years without buying anything new. So I think I'm skipping this sale.....

Dishonored 2 though.... it's reached the price I said I would buy it... and I just finished Dishonored's DLC...... lol

Do it. Emily is bae,

This steam sale blows....

But it's because I miss the OLD steam sales....where I built most of my library....on deals for games that were like 70-90% off...

However...I was still able to find stuff that I want "around" the price range I wanted them.

UBXLpni.jpg

just sitting in my cart.....still on the fence with a few games....Like Metal gear....being that I have it on PS4...but this includes all DLC and I'll be able to use mods...

man....decisions decisions...

I was hoping PUBG would be like 25% off. I'm still going to hold out on that.

wow. is that the current state of steam sale? Those prices are terrible. :/

Ayumi

Umm depends on the genre you like ^^;
but so far-
Prey, Hollow Knight, Xanadu Next.
Would you recommend Prey over NieR? I feel like right now I could only choose one since they're both around the same price, and also higher than the other stuff I'm interested in.

Hollow Knight.

Grim Dawn is one of them

Already bought these! <3 But I've got like 2k hours in D3, so not sure how much Grim Dawn I can handle.
Bayonetta if you never played it
Played it when it came out on console. Bought it on Steam when it was released but haven't played it on PC yet though. It's not really a priority.

red731

I would highly recommend Dead Cells. Fun & challenging game. There are some areas you going to absolutely hate. There's still not enough content because its in early access. So you can beat it in few hours and then play it again when they release more content or just wait until full release.

I agree on all of the above. Dead Cells is really supperb game and you get a sense of progress cause even if you have three minutes, you can still gather cells which are used to update weaspons, items and such!

Highly recommended. I haven't finished Rogue Legacy and am trying to as it is hard AF!

Dead Cells is serious chillout game for me as of now.

Same with Risk of Rain someone was asking about.

ed: also I will prolly not spend a cent. sales went to shit.

Tizoc

Would you recommend Prey over NieR? I feel like right now I could only choose one since they're both around the same price, and also higher than the other stuff I'm interested in.

Already bought these! <3 But I've got like 2k hours in D3, so not sure how much Grim Dawn I can handle.

Played it when it came out on console. Bought it on Steam when it was released but haven't played it on PC yet though. It's not really a priority.

Nier has a neat combat system, I hadn't played Prey but heard lots of good praise for it.
I'd say you'd get your money's worth with either game so it comes down to whether you prefer a 3D Action game or not.

Teggy

Think my final list is going to be:

Resident Evil 7
Little Nightmares
Cosmic Star Heroine
The Sexy Brutale

I'm trying to keep my played-to-purchased ratio positive this year so this should keep that manageable while allowing me to keep up with 2017 releases. Hopefully Rime will be on sale in the fall.

wbEMX

This glorious moment when I pay Shadow of Mordor and Shadow Warrior purely through previously sold CS:GO boxes. Love it.
t1rh9pU.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Awesomenauts went F2P on May 24.

Ronimo Games offered new and existing players one last chance to pick up the game and its 2 DLC expansions (Starstorm and Overdrive) before the switch. Owning all of the content (base game + both expansions) before May 24th would make you the equivalent as someone buying the All Nauts Pack today, with existing and future characters unlocked to play forever.

Now, you'll have to save up/grind in-game currency for the characters you want, or spend the money on the All Nauts Pack.

Gamestop carries a physical release of the game and both expansions. Provided the codes are working, buying this would be your best (and cheapest) option.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/awesomenauts-collectors-edition/130438

edit: The Gamestop Collector's Edition Steelbook does include the expansions. Found developer confirmation on this via the Steam forums.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204300/discussions/0/1291817208493541261/
Damn, I knew it was going F2P, but didn't know about the DLC. I'll check out gamestop, but it's good that I can just save up the currency. Or is it prohibitively expensive in terms of in-game currency? I only wanted I think like 3 characters out of that expansion.

Buy TOXIKK.
This glorious moment when I pay Shadow of Mordor and Shadow Warrior purely through previously sold CS:GO boxes. Love it.
t1rh9pU.jpg
It's glorious until you play Shadow Warrior and realize it's a festering putrid turd of a game.

wbEMX

But it's because I miss the OLD steam sales....where I built most of my library....on deals for games that were like 70-90% off...

Yup, I agree. I remember when you could just buy tons of great AAA games for about 50 bucks or less. There were tons of awesome deals. Nowadays there are quite some few sales where even the PSN store has better prices.

It's glorious until you play Shadow Warrior and realize it's a festering putrid turd of a game.
I heard tons of good stuff from a lot of people regarding SW1. The second game, on the other hand, is pretty crappy from what I've heard and seen.

Jintor

if i'm looking to play and observe top down brawler/action games like hyper light drifter or... god, i don't know, that kind of thing but with less guns if possible, what's some good shit to look at

i guess it's like zelda combat if zelda combat was faster?

I'm eyeballing these;

Umihara Kawase Collection
Code of Princess
Streets of Rogue
Momodora
Divinity Dragon Commander
Cosmic Star Heroine
GIGA WRECKER
Men at War

All the deals are good until July 5th, right? So I still have time to change my mind on some things.
Get Momodora without a second thought. Game rocks.

Duxxy3

Not sure I'm going to buy anything.

Dishonored 2's performance still bothers me. Nier Automata's price isn't low enough for me. I'm interested in Hollow Knight and Owl Boy, but I'd rather have both on Switch.

I'll probably cave and get Dishonored 2.

I think my disappointment is mostly because I already have a fuckload of games.

Yup, I agree. I remember when you could just buy tons of great AAA games for about 50 bucks or less. There were tons of awesome deals. Nowadays there are quite some few sales where even the PSN store has better prices.

I heard tons of good stuff from a lot of people regarding SW1. The second game, on the other hand, is pretty crappy from what I've heard and seen.
The first game is one of the worst games I have ever played, bar none. I hope you enjoy it, but it's ridiculous how much straight garbage game design is included in that game.

2 actually looks alright. It's not like randomized levels could be worse than the level design of the first.

Grief.exe

However...I was still able to find stuff that I want "around" the price range I wanted them.

UBXLpni.jpg

just sitting in my cart.....still on the fence with a few games....Like Metal gear....being that I have it on PS4...but this includes all DLC and I'll be able to use mods...

man....decisions decisions...

I was hoping PUBG would be like 25% off. I'm still going to hold out on that.

The majority of those games are literally months old, it's difficult to conflate the argument with what's actually in the cart.

TsuXna

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (TsuXna, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bayonetta -- MB-B61F32E4DEC7F50F - Taken by White Wolf. 20 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack -- MB-82B3768DE84AF7F1

t1498237686z1.png

Note: Both games were purchased in the Russian steam store so they can only be redeemed in: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russian Federation. You can use VPN to unlock them if you want tho.

most of whats in my cart aren't to bad, all things considered. I think the weakest sale in that cart is the MGSV collection one.....Should be at LEAST 50% off.

walking dead and gaurdians game aren't super old, so I get the pricing on those.

Bayonetta could be better, but I "get" it. Same with Strafe.

my issue is with the discounts on stuff like Fallout 4, GTA V, and WItcher 3
. LIke jesus....they should be like 5-10 bucks each.

Note: Both games were purchased in the Russian steam store so they can only be redeemed in: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russian Federation. You can use VPN to unlock them if you want tho.

YOOooooo...hope I get that bayonetta...then I wont have to buy it.

<Edit> NVM....for some reason I read "America" and not "Armenia"

Does VPN work for russian keys? Interested in Bayonetta but I wont try to win in case it doesnt work.

Help me out, Gaf, I'm weak and can't decide.

Nier Automata

or

Rise of the Tomb Raider + Resident Evil 7

In my region, Nier Automata is slightly more expensive than Rise + RE 7. I liked the Tomb Raider (2013) and enjoyed Tomb Raider Underworld, Legend, and Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light. I also played and enjoyed RE 1-6 and RE 7 demo, though I still can't make up my mind about the demo. It's okay and I sure would like to know what the full game has in store for me, but it's not exactly mindblowing.

Nier Automata, however, got me hooked up from the very first trailer and the soundtrack, good lord, the soundtrack nails it. The opera boss theme is playing in my mind still. And I adored Bayonetta, so that's that.

What's your take on this dilemma of mine, Gaf?

The majority of those games are literally months old, it's difficult to conflate the argument with what's actually in the cart.

I don't really have alot of issues with what's in my cart. Which is why they are in my Cart. I kinda "get" why they are priced the way they are (whether how long they have been out or if they are from a small developer...etc). Only one I think that could be really improved is the MGS one....that should be less.

my issue is with games like witcher 3, gta v, fallout 4, etc. Games that should be much less.

TsuXna

arts&crafts said:
NVM....for some reason I read "America" and not "Armenia"
Lol.

YOOooooo...hope I get that bayonetta...then I wont have to buy it.

<Edit> NVM....for some reason I read "America" and not "Armenia"

Yes, VPN works from my experience. I am not in my country right now, but my billing address is still the same so i used vpn to unlock the games few times.

Tizoc

Such as? You're gonna have to mention such titles because you're likely talking about that one time you got like 5-6 AAA games that went on sale a year or two after release, for 75-90%.

red731

I'm thinking about picking up GRIP.

Never played it, but looks really cool.

Pick it up if you've loved RollCage back in the day.
Updates are coming in really often game if fun as fuck and multiplayer is in.

Can't recommend it enough.

most of whats in my cart aren't to bad, all things considered. I think the weakest sale in that cart is the MGSV collection one.....Should be at LEAST 50% off.

walking dead and gaurdians game aren't super old, so I get the pricing on those.

Bayonetta could be better, but I "get" it. Same with Strafe.

my issue is with the discounts on stuff like Fallout 4, GTA V, and WItcher 3
. LIke jesus....they should be like 5-10 bucks each.

Those are semi-recent AAA titles that are worth at LEAST $30 and they are still selling like hotcakes. Why would publishers decrease their value? Its stuff like like CODs that are 10-15 years old that are funny.

Those are semi-recent AAA titles that are worth at LEAST $30 and they are still selling like hotcakes. Why would publishers decrease their value? Its stuff like like CODs that are 10-15 years old that are funny.

none of those games are semi recent.2 years old is semi recent? are you kidding me? and back in the day, those games would be discounted more. gta V is still half off on a steam sale when you could have gotton gta v for much cheaper on console at some point. same with fallout 4 and witcher 3.

all of those you could have found for cheaper on console at some point....while steam sales dont drop as low. It's ironic how you can buy games on console for cheaper than on PC this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom