• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I've only ever played the first Assassins Creed a long time ago, if I only wanted to play maybe 2 or 3 games in the series which would be the ones to go for? 2, Unity, Syndicate?

Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag would be the popular choices.

I clicked on the link and it said "Free" with 5 seconds to go.
Missed it.

:(

In case some have missed it:

Edit: I forgot to write the game name in front of the key. It's Killing Floor for those who have missed it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-D65CCCA05B4AEF99 - Taken by ThingontheFloor. 3 entrants total.

t1498325531z1.png

vaderise

Gıt the Disney Infinity Gold Edition . It's super cheap.This version includes all figures ( playable characters) and play sets. Online is not supported but you still get some very decent Star Wars campaigns with all the playable characters for a great price.
Edit: I heard Guardians of the Galaxy campaign is preety fun too so as a singleplayer package it's quite good

Pachimari

Could try another game to make sure, but that sucks.
It's actually only in Witcher 3 I've noticed this. It never happened while going through Assassin's Creed 1, and doesn't happen in Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I think you should be able to increase the dead zone slightly through Steam's big picture mode the same way you would a Steam controller to mitigate that.

Hmm, I've never played around with dead zones, might look into it.

Kwixotik

PoE certainly isn't a bad pick. The combat might put you off (Real-Time with Pause), but the world they built is interesting enough as is the main story. Lots of interesting little sidestories, too.

I'd also just recommend playing Baldur's Gate 2, if you've never.

Is BG2 difficult to get into for someone who is really into current CRPGs but never played the classics?

Hristi

Sigh fml.. My 770 broke down last night and now I find out that 1060/1070 prices have skyrocketed in my country. Glad I didn't purchase some games during the sale.

Hektor

Which one runs better, generally speaking?

Both games ran fine for me, tho dishonored 2 supposedly got some framerate issues for people

Deus Ex is one of the most GPU-demanding games this gen
Dishonored 2 runs poorly (routine, seeingly inexplicable FPS drops) on both low and high end systems, although oddly not for everyone

Yea, Dishonored 2 ran perfectly fine for me, which surprised me a lot seeing all the complaints it got

Eridani

Is BG2 difficult to get into for someone who is really into current CRPGs but never played the classics?

If you don't know anything about DnD rules, then it can be pretty difficult, especially since the game doesn't really explain them and just dumps you into a dungeon right at the start. On the other hand, the rules aren't actually all that complicated, so if you read about them a bit outside of the game you should be fine. This thread has some good suggestions. Aside from that, the gameplay is very similar to Piilars of Eternity so if you played that you know what to expect.

And really, if you're really into current CRPGs then you should try BG2 regardless, since it's an awesome game.

rtcn63

Yea, Dishonored 2 ran perfectly fine for me, which surprised me a lot seeing all the complaints it got

Do you have a more recent i5 or an i7 (or Ryzen) by any chance?

I think Paragon or someone tested it and says it's less/not an issue if you're running a fast CPU.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having trouble with their discovery queue? None of the games are being taken out of the queue, so when I reach the end, it just loops back to the first game perpetually.

Tizoc

Gıt the Disney Infinity Gold Edition . It's super cheap.This version includes all figures ( playable characters) and play sets. Online is not supported but you still get some very decent Star Wars campaigns with all the playable characters for a great price.
Edit: I heard Guardians of the Galaxy campaign is preety fun too so as a singleplayer package it's quite good
Any rason to get 1.0 and 2.0 if i own di3?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really enjoying Dead Cells but I feel like the pixel art looks....weird... in 1440p...

I get it's suppoed to be pixelated (duh...) but it looks like it's weirdly scaled. Especially the text

Jimrpg

Ugggghhh... I really don't want to buy that much this sale since I have such a decent sized backlog from that past couple sales and am somehow still grinding away with Blood and Wine for TW3, The Long Dark and PUBG.

Somebody convince me not to buy some of this stuff:

Really, Prey and Edith Finch are the 2 games I wanted from this sale since I can see myself realistically playing them before the fall/winter sale.

I've wanted Stellaris for a while even though I never was able to fully get into CK2 (which I want to try and get back to one of these days). How easy is it to get into Stellaris if you're not super familiar with Paradox grand strategy games?

Dragonspear I'll probably get just cause its pretty cheap and its an excuse to play some BG again. Although, maybe I could wait and get it later this year since I'll probably feel a little burned out on RPGs by the time I finish Blood and Wine...

And Ultimate General Civil War looks great since I Ioved Gettysburg when I got it on last year's summer sale but I'm just debating whether I want to get it now or maybe wait a bit.

I just hate looking at my Steam purchase history and seeing games like Soma, Planet Coaster or Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I've barely touched any of them and now they're a fair amount cheaper than when I bought them.

$100+ is a lot to spend (personally speaking) if you still have lots to play. I'd work on that backlog a bit and spend maybe $30-40 and your wallet will thank you.

I'd pass on Stellaris, I've only played 10hrs at launch but from what I played the games design in my opinion is deeply flawed and I don't think they can rescue it. Perhaps try another 4X game on Steam like Endless Space 2 or something but I haven't tried that. That said if you do go for it, it's pretty easy to start as it plays like Civ to begin with.

You could always get just one of the BG games rather than the entire collection.

I think if you can hold off on Prey it'll be even cheaper during the Winter sale.

Cabal

I'm using Enhanced Steam with Firefox and I don't see any "sell" or "quick sell" buttons in my inventory. Changing ES's inventory page settings doesn't do anything.
Anyone else have this issue?
I was having the issue intermittently yesterday. Logging out of steam and restarting the browser worked for me, but I was using Chrome.

shockdude

I was having the issue intermittently yesterday. Logging out of steam and restarting the browser worked for me, but I was using Chrome.
Thanks, I got the Sell button to reappear. The Quick Sell button is still missing even if it's enabled in the settings, though.

Is anyone else's wishlist crashing when right-clicking on game thumbnails, to go to the specific game's store page? I am using Enhanced Steam btw, I think it's the culprit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks, I got the Sell button to reappear. The Quick Sell button is still missing even if it's enabled in the settings, though.

Unfortunately the quick sell and instant sell buttons are the only functionality missing in Firefox due to some bug I've not been able to figure out the last few months. Someone with more Firefox WebExtensions API knowledge than me will probably have to figure it out before it's working again, sadly.

shockdude

Unfortunately the quick sell and instant sell buttons are the only functionality missing in Firefox due to some bug I've not been able to figure out the last few months. Someone with more Firefox WebExtensions API knowledge than me will probably have to figure it out before it's working again, sadly.
Ah, that is unfortunate. Thanks again for the great extension.

Cabal

Help me choose between House of Fata Morgana and Hollow Knight :(.
They are two completely different games. I like Hollow Knight a lot though. If you like metroidvania games at all, it is awesome. One of the better ones I've played. Fata Morgana is a lot of reading, but seems cool so far. I haven't played through it yet past the demo though

I've never played a Manager game before ever. I don't know shit about Motorsport except that I'm down with race cars as a concept.

I kind of want Motorsport Manager. Convince me or walk me off the ledge.

Just like every year I keep getting the same damn trading cards! 6 scouts, 5 lemonade, 4 of everything else except 0 of minigolf, beach and roadtrip!

mrks

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for mrks:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mrks, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Contraption Maker -- MB-C4DFAFC3CB19D240 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-FE48FDCC46B5113A - Taken by Cabal. 3 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000 -- MB-6C83F9A16279F563 - Taken by Honey Bunny. 1 entrants total.

t1498329891z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom