• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

What the hell, this is a thing?

You are not allowed to sell more than 200 items in a calendar year without providing us with more information first. To provide the necessary information, please click here. If you have already provided us with the necessary information, then it may require verification before the limit can be removed.
47BuK8i.jpg

How doesn't Steam already know that I'm not an US citizen. My details are in Steam already. Thanks Trump?

Help me choose between The House in Fata Morgana and Hollow Knight :(.

Haven't played HK but for the love of all that is holy, play Fata.

Don't know how good HK is, but Fata is certainly in the top 5 VNs ever made.

I'm fully serious. State-of-the-art characterization, story, music. HK would need to be a metroidvania as good as Super Metroid or SotN to compare.

since steam thread is closed for now,i found very interesting news

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/squar...vo-thanks-to-you-people-have-to-buy-the-game/

https://www.denuvo.com/#references

”Thanks to you for the incredible service your team provide – it's great to partner with you! It's thanks to you guys that people have to buy the game."

so,if someone will make a thread,what should the title be?

Thanks to Denuvo, I'm about to buy Just Cause 3 for 9.99€ - 3.11€ in Steam Wallet funds, during this sale, instead of the full price I would have been prepared to pay for it, if it had been released with no extra DRM. Thanks Denuvo!

That said, I'm not sure what's so newsworthy about it?

Cabal

You are not allowed to sell more than 200 items in a calendar year without providing us with more information first. To provide the necessary information, please click here. If you have already provided us with the necessary information, then it may require verification before the limit can be removed.
47BuK8i.jpg

How doesn't Steam already know that I'm not an US citizen. My details are in Steam already.
Yes they report to the IRS if you sell more than 200 items AND net more than 20k in a year in proceeds. Next screen asks for your SSN or Tax ID, if you are in US. Outside the US, I assume this is just a special attestation so they can prove they asked you before allowing you to exceed the threshold

Hektor

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/squar...vo-thanks-to-you-people-have-to-buy-the-game/

DDGpGSIW0AEVxA-.jpg

”Thanks to you for the incredible service your team provide – it's great to partner with you! It's thanks to you guys that people have to buy the game."

Nier Automata is by quite and far the most successful japanese Square Enix game on steam (Most reasonably because it isn't a remaster releasing 1 year after console), it's also the only japanese game that used Denuvo.

Yea, i can already see what backwards ass impression Square Enix is getting from that

Nier Automata is by quite and far the most successful japanese Square Enix game on steam (Most reasonably because it isn't a remaster releasing 1 year after console), it's also the only japanese game that used Denuvo.

The only japanese game to use it? No, it isn't. MGSV is another high profile game from Japan that uses Denuvo, right? And several Visual Novels and JRPGS?

tmarg

Yea, i can already see what backwards ass impression Square Enix is getting from that

On the other hand, they clearly weren't impressed with Hitman's sales, and that also used denuvo.

L.O.R.D

but sqaure also sell other non japanese games like rise of tomb raider and hitman,i think both had good sales.

Ladekabel

All the talk about Fata Morgana makes me want to try the game. Then I check the store page, see it has no Mac support and lose interest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could play it on my PC but I don't want to.

Budi

Yes they report to the IRS if you sell more than 200 items AND net more than 20k in a year in proceeds. Next screen asks for your SSN or Tax ID, if you are in US. Outside the US, I assume this is just a special attestation so they can prove they asked you before allowing you to exceed the threshold

Yeah they asked for details I already have in Steam so I was bit confused. Had to check here that nothing shady is going on, thanks for your answer!

grmlin

Still debating if I should get Dragons Dogma. Is there a game thats similar, maybe I played that.

Is it very grindy or more a "play through it" type of game?

Thanks!

Jalal

47BuK8i.jpg

How doesn't Steam already know that I'm not an US citizen. My details are in Steam already. Thanks Trump?

I did this too. (non U.S. resident)

They send you a link to another agency which verifies your credentials.

I took a pic of some i.d. and sent it, they cleared me in a like a week.

tmarg

any deals on a fun coop game but that can be played on a shit laptop?

I haven't played it personally, but I've only heard good things about overcooked.

A bit more controversial, but I enjoyed Gauntlet, as long as you are willing to accept that it's not much like a classic Gauntlet game it's fun for what it is.

Just bought Virginia, Genital Jousting, and Brink (for the nostalgia and to reminesce). Extremely excited to play Virginia, ready to have a blast playing Genital Jousting with friends, and kinda interested to see where Brink fell short.

Are there any places I can go to find servers for Brink?

Eridani

Haven't played HK but for the love of all that is holy, play Fata.

Don't know how good HK is, but Fata is certainly in the top 5 VNs ever made.

I'm fully serious. State-of-the-art characterization, story, music. HK would need to be a metroidvania as good as Super Metroid or SotN to compare.

Hollow Knight is in fact as good as Super Metroid or SotN. I'd actually argue that it's better than both of them. Then again, in not a huge fan of Super Metroid or SotN, or metroidvanias in general, but Hollow Knight is still just so god damn incredible that I loved it. That's how good HK is.

shockdude

Cool! My first pickup of the sale!

The Hurricane of the Varstray for $1.99. I wanted this when it first came out but it was like $15.99 I think. Shoot-em-up I have been wanting to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9k0cdoipc
Also picked up Danmaku Unlimited 3 for $4.99.

I didn't even know there was a Danmaku Unlimited 3! So excited!
Very nice. I'd be buying more shmups this sale if I didn't already have an obnoxious backlog of them.
Some of the top ones on my wishlist in addition to Hurricane are Dodonpachi Resurrection, Blue Revolver, and RefRain.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

DDGpGSIW0AEVxA-.jpg

“Thanks to you for the incredible service your team provide – it’s great to partner with you! It’s thanks to you guys that people have to buy the game.”

They better be careful with statements like that because they've shown nothing but contempt for their Nier Automata PC customers with refusing to have the game patched so far. Not a good look Square Enix.

Thanks to Denuvo, I'm about to buy Just Cause 3 for 9.99€ - 3.11€ in Steam Wallet funds, during this sale, instead of the full price I would have been prepared to pay for it, if it had been released with no extra DRM. Thanks Denuvo!

That said, I'm not sure what's so newsworthy about it?
Just to be clear. Buying a game on sale does not send a message to the publisher that you are unhappy about DRM.

Oreoleo

Still debating if I should get Dragons Dogma. Is there a game thats similar, maybe I played that.

Is it very grindy or more a "play through it" type of game?

Thanks!

I was able to play straight through no problems whatsoever until the final boss which required a few level ups first, but at that point I was enjoying the combat enough along with being able to tackle some late-game mobs that I didn't really mind. I had enough healing items saved up from not needing them during the game that I probably could have brute forced (so to speak) the final boss, but he looks very intimidating and after a bad first attempt I convinced myself I needed to grind a bit. Might not be the case for you or others at all (Plus you could probably find an OP pawn to carry you through and sidestep all that if worst comes to worst). It's a fun and unique game, go for it!

Cptkrush

PoE certainly isn't a bad pick. The combat might put you off (Real-Time with Pause), but the world they built is interesting enough as is the main story. Lots of interesting little sidestories, too.

I'd also just recommend playing Baldur's Gate 2, if you've never.

Have you played the Shadowrun games? Dragonfall is generally considered the best of the three. The combat isn't as great as Divinity OS, but it's still turn-based and the story and characters are way ahead of anything in Divinity.

EDIT: Looking at the sale now, I'd buy the bundle that includes all of them as it's dirt cheap now. Shadowrun Returns isn't as well-liked as the other two but I still think it's worth getting anyway.

Great, thanks guys! I'll have Post apocalypse, cyberpunk, and high fantasy covered haha. I'll grab Baldur's Gate 2 as well for my DND fix.

Very nice. I'd be buying more shmups this sale if I didn't already have an obnoxious backlog of them.
Some of the top ones on my wishlist in addition to Hurricane are Dodonpachi Resurrection, Blue Revolver, and RefRain.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH thanks for the recommendations!

I have suddenly found myself on a SHMUP kick!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd recommend it, it's a pretty fun game and I hope it's a foundation that Capcom builds upon more in the future since I think there's still a lot more for Capcom to explore with a first-person angle to the series. It also helps that the setting is pretty interesting and the villains tread the line between being menacing and comedic very well, making them entertaining in the right ways but while also not losing their threat or scariness at times.

I think that describes RE7 in a lot of ways, it treads several lines that could of gone badly for the game if it treaded it in the wrong way, but it actually manages to bring all of its elements together to make a good game with its risks and manages to end up on executing what it sets out to do well, most of the time.

I also will say that probably my favorite segment of RE7 is actually the middle couple hours, so if you just watched the GiantBomb Quick Look there's still a lot in store I think. Also there's a free story DLC (that will be free for everyone) which should release in the next few months, so free new gameplay and story content is always welcome.
the possibility of giantbomb doing a playthrough of re7 kind of makes me satisfied with experiencing it that way, so i'll at least wait until they say if they do play it all or not

that would be much better, it looks cool but i would much rather see it than play it

Just played through the first case of Aviary Attorney, was really happy when I won the case but damn if it wasn't a kick to the balls straight after...

Great game btw, worth a pick up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630/Aviary_Attorney/

is it like phoenix wright with like a bit of deduction and simple game mechanics or is it 100% visual novel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom