• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apdiddy

I went ahead and got Just Cause 2, Torchlight (couldn't pass it up), the GTA Complete collection & Unreal 1 and 2. My goal of trying to keep my steam purchases during the sale under $100 failed. :(

Oh well! I'm hoping Saints Row: The Third goes back on sale before the end (unless someone gifts it to me).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still not sure on the Bioshock pack.

Are the games any good? I'm not a big fan of FPS games but I love sci-fi stuff. Any thoughts?

H3xum

Are the games any good? I'm not a big fan of FPS games but I love sci-fi stuff. Any thoughts?

The original has the most engrossing environment this generation and is packaged so well with a slick story that it's likely my top game this gen.

The deuce was fun as well, not as great as the orig but still a wonderful game to play.

DO IT

suikodan

Can I expect SF x Tekken to drop in price during this sale???

voted driver, honestly always wanted to play it.

I wanted to play it as well, the story and concept is quite good but the stupid physics from the very first Driver killed my interest...

I fit that description, have tried to play both games about 5 times and have given up quickly because they just did nothing for me. Way too fps for my tastes (Don't want to start something and shock anybodies system by suggesting a game with a better mix of fps and scifi, but I can think of one or 2).

Man I've been Dr Negative today (by the way Tobe's Vertical adventure sucks). Can somebody ask about a game which is actually good?

Anomaly warzone is great! Except the ios version is much more fun... damn that didn't help.

Can I expect SF x Tekken to drop in price during this sale???

I sort of doubt it. I think there will be a bit of a rebirth soon, and they'll probably wait till all those ducks are lined up.

Coldsnap

Anyone else just sorta load up on games for the year with these sales? Every year I buy 3-5 games and just slowly start each one throughout the year.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm sorry GAF, my friend had asked me to vote NFS if it ever showed up in a poll, so I did. I'm not much of a racing games fan anyway.

And here's my token "Dustforce for daily" prediction post. It shall appear today along with the Lego franchise, Arma II, Rayman Origins, Alan Wake franchise, Bad Rats and Half Life 3.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If there's any FPS you should play even if FPSes aren't really your thing, it's Bioshock.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll get it.

The only other FPS I've ever enjoyed was the Timesplitters series (RIP) and Perfect Dark.

I'm sorry GAF, my friend had asked me to vote NFS if it ever showed up in a poll, so I did. I'm not much of a racing games fan anyway.

And here's my token "Dustforce for daily" prediction post. It shall appear today along with the Lego franchise, Arma II, Rayman Origins, Alan Wake franchise, Bad Rats and Half Life 3.

Man I hope the LEGO franchise does show up.

not sure how this 'gifting' thing works from other regions, but i'd be appreciative of the GTA complete pack from the UK price.

I can paypal the funds in about 6 hours after i get off work if anyone is willing. shoot me a message on here or steam if something can be worked out...i'll have limited forum access until end of work day.

steam id : MMBosstones86

Thanks guys

marjo

someone explain "Gaben" to me. it's funny but I have no idea what it means. out of the loop here gentlemen.

So I get where 'Gaben' comes from, but can someone explain the term 'based Gaben'. It seems to be some kind of joke based on religious worship, but I'm not familiar with 'based' in that context. What does it actually mean?

It was a little cheaper on amazon, but I think that's as low as it has been on Steam.

GFWL Marketplace =\

that's the lowest I've seen for it. $5 for each game is terrific

Kk thanks. I will think about it in class lol...

Was the same price on Amazon.

Bite if the price is all that's hanging you up, even if it drops another few dollars, you'll easily get 10 dollars worth of enjoyment in the first hour or two of the orig

Yeah, I haven't played either of those ever so it makes sense to pick em up now. thanks

Amazon had it for $7.49 with steam keys.

Really? I can't belive how low Amazon goes sometimes.

H3xum

What's the cheapest you've seen Bioshock dual pack go for? is the $9.98 good?

Any previous Amazon deals or something to compare to?

Bite if the price is all that's hanging you up, even if it drops another few dollars, you'll easily get 10 dollars worth of enjoyment in the first hour or two of the orig

Double D

Fucking Torchlight. At least with Far Cry 2 I had the ability to double dip since I only own the 360 version. How am I supposed to double dip on something I already own on Steam?

And Just Cause 2 is an awesome deal at $3.74. Wish I didn't already own it so I could could buy it at that price.

LiK

So I get where 'Gaben' comes from, but can someone explain the term 'based Gaben'. It seems to be some kind of joke based on religious worship, but I'm not familiar with 'based' in that context. What does it actually mean?

previous page

Megasoum

Banned
Does the steam version of Bioshock has the securom crap still?I have the first game on retail discs already but if they took out the stupid DRM on the steam version (I imagine they didn't) then I could double dip to have both games on steam.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I haven't bought anything in, like, three days and it feels weird. Today's lineup better be ballin'. We can start with SF, Gabe-chan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom