• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gabe-chaaaaaaan :3 :3 :3 ♥

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's always seemed strange to me that Steam as an "Installed" filter but not the opposing "Uninstalled".

Jimrpg

just wasted a night trying to get AC:B to work on OSX.... ubisoft and steam can f*** off... seriously.

first the game didn't run from the steam launcher and had to do a massive workaround and put the ubisoft launcher in the steam apps/acb folder.... grrr after about an hour... got the game to load, and then the wired 360 controller apparently doesn't work with any assassin's creed games on mac - seriously???

now i feel like i need to download it again to windows so i can use the controller... and wait to download 9GB again...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Had a good haul topped off by a nice gaffer. Added 35 more to my wallet to bring me back up to 44. This will carry me to the end of this sale.

Was hoping Oblivion would win the vote last night. Surprised to see Torchlight win.

And I voted TDU2. It's the only game I don't have and you know it'l win since eceryone wants Driver to win :p

vocab

Bioshock is rough. I just can't get into it. The low fov, the 30fps physics, the boring story, and the bland combat make it so hard to even play. Every time I play some of it to get a little bit farther I realize I just want to play System Shock 2.

Tomodachi

Quick question about Steam, not the sale, hope it won't be overlooked.

Is there a way to take Steam screenshot with the 360 pad central button? Some tweak that virtually presses F12 when I press the central button (I'm talking about the one with the big X on it, in case you're wondering, the one for the dashboard pop-up on the console). It would be amazing to be able to take steam screenshots while using a pad.

You assume he plays. No... we collect.

tumblr_lpqi965iOR1qf4heo.png

marrec

Banned
I'm sorry GAF, my friend had asked me to vote NFS if it ever showed up in a poll, so I did. I'm not much of a racing games fan anyway.

And here's my token "Dustforce for daily" prediction post. It shall appear today along with the Lego franchise, Arma II, Rayman Origins, Alan Wake franchise, Bad Rats and Half Life 3.

Marrec am cry. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick question about Steam, not the sale, hope it won't be overlooked.

Is there a way to take Steam screenshot with the 360 pad central button? Some tweak that virtually presses F12 when I press the central button (I'm talking about the one with the big X on it, in case you're wondering, the one for the dashboard pop-up on the console). It would be amazing to be able to take steam screenshots while using a pad.

Joy2Key is your best and only bet.

Jobacca

Neo Member
Bioshock is rough. I just can't get into it. The low fov, the 30fps physics, the boring story, and the bland combat make it so hard to even play. Every time I play some of it to get a little bit farther I realize I just want to play System Shock 2.

I couldnt get into it either. Can't figure out why it is and have tried to go back to it a few times, just don't enjoy it.

Takuan

Is anyone interested in hosting a Bioshock 2 group buy? I have no problem hosting, but am at work and can't give out the games until much later tonight.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! I will more than likely bite for £5, but god dammit people! That game is old, no one I know plays it anymore, the whole Autolog will be pointless :(

Wanted Driver :(

Dorfdad

Gold Member
These community deals are rigged I mean come on... Need for speed 900 over Driver San Francisco bah... the Interwebs fail me again..

mrgone

Wow - a lot of people missed the Driver weekend sale, it seems :eek: (You know, when it was 75% off for four entire days?)

$5 is a new low for Hot Pursuit on Steam! Rejoice! It's by Criterion! The people who gave the world Burnout! It's not the usual NFS nonsense! :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480502

Tony said he will be bringing back the Bioshock dual pack though not this month.
Will definitely hold out for the dual pack then. Very nice indeed.

just wasted a night trying to get AC:B to work on OSX.... ubisoft and steam can f*** off... seriously.

first the game didn't run from the steam launcher and had to do a massive workaround and put the ubisoft launcher in the steam apps/acb folder.... grrr after about an hour... got the game to load, and then the wired 360 controller apparently doesn't work with any assassin's creed games on mac - seriously???

now i feel like i need to download it again to windows so i can use the controller... and wait to download 9GB again...
Well, the drivers for that controller is on Windows so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom