• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already owned TU2 (yeah I was the smuck that bought it), not voting for anything made by Ubisoft (just look at the number of complaints in this topic about Uplay). So that left shitty Need For Speed 6,000th so it got my vote.

kaskade

Hot Pursuit is totally worth it. I almost want to double dip even though I have the console version. This sale is killing me.

mclem

Fuuuck I wanted Driver. There's no point in buying Hot Pursuit since the online is fucking dead.

As in "there's no-one on" or as in "EA has shut down the servers"?

If it's the former, I'm sure GAF can do something about that for a few weekends!

HoosTrax

Hot Pursuit is totally worth it. I almost want to double dip even though I have the console version. This sale is killing me.
NFSHP is good for what it is, but I really miss the NFSU-era games where you could rice the hell out of your cars with tons of customizations. And no one makes games like that anymore it would seem.

Also, it's interesting that HP is being promoted at all - Steam seems to be pretending that games like ME and DA (where the sequel is unavailable on Steam) don't exist.

MNC

WTF is this shit. I bought 2 copies of DR2: OTR and sent one copy to my friend. The other copy I want to redeem myself and it says error: this copy may already have been redeemed.

That's kind of impossible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i dont understand how hot pursuit can have a high review score.

good graphic but shitty control... mehh

McCartney once wrote that "money can't buy [you] love", but it sure can buy you critical acclaim.

badumtish.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Of course NFS would win. I wanted TDU2 but was pulling for at least Driver to win.

I would buy TDU2, RE5, or Operation Flashooint if they were 5. I really want Red River on PC.

Lothars

WTF is this shit. I bought 2 copies of DR2: OTR and sent one copy to my friend. The other copy I want to redeem myself and it says error: this copy may already have been redeemed.

That's kind of impossible.
I would check your steam list just to see if it got listed even with the error.

HoosTrax

NOOOOO NFS HP was already $5 on amazon... Why didn't you buy it then instead so i could get Driver?
Because no Steam library count +1. Besides, you guys somehow missed a Daily Deal (or it may have been a midweek or weekend) on Driver a few weeks ago. I see no point in voting for it knowing that.

ShaneB

Yay for NFSHP winning. I kinda wanted to double dip before on Burnout Paradise when it was a daily, but glad I didn't. I skipped out on Hot Pursuit before, but will definitely buy it now. Giving Criterion my money!

These community votes are a lot of fun, wish they'd make them a regular thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom