• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadybiz

Does Bioshock have sound issues? I remember downloading the demo, and it had no sound at all (everything else worked fine). Is that still something you have to fix, or did they fix the error itself?

Nabs

Can't speak for him, but I didn't buy it because I waffled for a while and ended up missing it at which point I immediately regretted it.

I was going to pick it up myself but then I looked at screenshots. I may pick it up on sale, but I'm still unsure.

haikira

Gaben scoffs at haikira's sacrifice and counters in the form of a +ValveTime delay to Half-Life 3.

iboyxmsutouqhjbsa0l.gif

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Voted for Driver. Can't complain as NFS seems like a fun game.

Any leaks for today daily sales? I don't access Steam all the time since I'm at work.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yay for NFSHP winning. I kinda wanted to double dip before on Burnout Paradise when it was a daily, but glad I didn't. I skipped out on Hot Pursuit before, but will definitely buy it now. Giving Criterion my money!

These community votes are a lot of fun, wish they'd make them a regular thing.
I would love to see The Ultimate Box for $5 on Steam. Still bitter about the Island not being on PC though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ubi selling Steam keys to third parties? 2012 indeed.

Sorry, Last Renmant is what I bought last month on Gamersgate for 7.50.

Driver: San Francisco was a weekend deal on Steam on June 17 for 8.74 USD.

Also a daily deal on this sale for 7.50.

Sianos

Sacrifice your copies of Bad Rats into the cyberfires of cyberhell and sacrifice the developers into the regular fires of regular hell.

Bad Rats is The One Ring, it holds too much power for us mortals. We must sacrifice it to our Lord Gaben.

Holy fuck!

This is the first time I've been through a summer sale and I've been buying stuff almost everyday, spent almost US$100 already.

The worst of it is....IT'S STILL 5 DAYS LEFT

Driver has been a daily deal and was on sale on Gamersgate last month, registerable on Steam (that's where I got mine).

You can't really complain.

Any Need for Speed has been on sale before in the past as well..not really sure what your point is here. All of these titles have been on sale before....

mrgone

It was 7,50€ back then, now it would have been 5.

Are you sure that you're not getting the regular and deluxe versions mixed up? It was definitely a 75% off sale back then, and reversing the discount from my invoice indicates that it was the same base price as well. This is from the US store, mind you, so something might be different on the European side!

edit: wait, I think you discounted the currently 33% discounted price to get the 5. It would've been 7.50 this time too

Seriously.

It's not that.I already own the Japanese pc version of Origin and PSP version of Oath. It's just that, as a 20+ year fan of the series, I am a little pissed Ys got labeled as an indie title.

Oh well then I understand your rage and I feel the same way. But I can see why Valve & XSEED bundled it.

Giard

Can't speak personally, as i just bought it and haven't played yet. But i have some friends who love it. Also seemed to get great reviews.
Thanks. I'll wait for another sale, I've bought too many things already (although a lot less than most gaffers)

bigace33

Yes! NFS won just as it should have. Driver and it's possessing cars as some kind of freaking ghost can jump in a lake. What a horrible premise.

HoosTrax

Two questions.

1) How much is NFS?

2) Sell it to me. I realise this is not a question.
1) Five American Dollars.

2) You get to be a badass Lambo (or Corvette or Veyron etc) driving cop who gets to arrest people by T-boning them, dropping spike strips in their path, firing EMP guided missiles at their cars, or just plain plowing into them and wrecking them.

1) Five American Dollars.

2) You get to be a badass Lambo (or Corvette or Veyron etc) driving cop who gets to arrest people by T-boning them, dropping spike strips in their path, firing EMP guided missiles at their cars, or just plain plowing into them and wrecking them.

I heard it was basically Burnout: Police Cops. Is this true?

I have SC4, Cities XL is meh in my opinion, so vote going to Anno 2070.

How much is NFS in the US?

EDIT: Ah I see, already answered. Hmm, £5 here :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would somebody mind posting the most cost-effective way to purchase the SR3 DLC? I recall reading that quite a few items are bunched into packages that are included amongst the DLC list.

Edit: Never mind, I just removed the DLC that itself is included with the Season Pass. Close enough, considering the -75% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom