• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Voted on Sim City!

Would somebody mind posting the most cost-effective way to purchase the SR3 DLC? I recall reading that quite a few items are bunched into packages that are included amongst the DLC list.

Edit: Nevermind, I just removed the DLC that itself is included with the Season Pass. Close enough, considering the -75% discount.

Most of the DLC is nothing but pointless costumes. I'd say that the only DLCs that are worth buying are the Season Pass, FUNTIME! and Special Ops. Maybe Shark Attack as well for the ridiculous weapons.

Started playing Saints Row 3 yesterday, what a fun and funny game, it also looks pretty. Mission variety in the first hour of gameplay is awesome, doing so many different things.

So I repeat somebody else's question.. what DLC is worth it? is the season pack something that expires after a period of time?

Hakkuei

As in "there's no-one on" or as in "EA has shut down the servers"?

If it's the former, I'm sure GAF can do something about that for a few weekends!

The former. Well hopefully it will bring some people on the servers for more than a few days.

I really hope Blur goes on a flash/daily too for the same reason.

Apdiddy

I picked up Saints Row: The Third + Season Pass DLC. Just earlier I said I was going to get SR:TT when/if it goes on sale again. Spooky.

I'm beginning to think that they actually didn't book any deals for Flash/voting, and instead just booked 12 daily deals every day and chose to distribute a few of them differently.

I'm thinking it's a market test. See the decay rate from deal to deal and determine the optimal frequency for running similar deals. They like running their psychological experiments on us rats.

Coldsnap

haha, cute bird. For real though I probably won't buy NFS HP. As much as I like the cheese in the Fast and Furious movies I think I get capped off at one NFS game a year and the new one looks super super good.

I'm thinking it's a market test. See the decay rate from deal to deal and determine the optimal frequency for running similar deals. They like running their psychological experiments on us rats.

We call it marketing experiments and rats wouldn't pay for the experiments they'll just nibble.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And the bumpers worked right?

EDIT: Yeah. Are you sure? Found a good amount of people bitching about it on the Steam forums for AC1. Could only assign camera controlls to the bumpers instead of target and high profile. And the fix I found says it's for both games.

This is a late reply, but I am absolutely sure. The controls were, by default, utterly odd and I redefined them early into the game. It played perfectly after that; bumpers included -- I played through the tutorial.

Sianos

Are us rats going to rise up and trap our cats in hellish physic based deathtraps?

Bad Rats is no mere game... it's a prophecy.

HoosTrax

I think the consensus is SimCity 4.
I'm disinclined to vote for it mainly because I've played more recent games in the genre first (Tropico 3/4 and Anno), so I feel like I'd be in for a disappointment.

Plus it's going to be bittersweet when Sim City V ends up being always-online, Origin-only, and microtransactioned to hell. Don't want to get personally invested in the series to see it get ruined later.

Shadybiz

Started playing Saints Row 3 yesterday, what a fun and funny game, it also looks pretty. Mission variety in the first hour of gameplay is awesome, doing so many different things.

So I repeat somebody else's question.. what DLC is worth it? is the season pack something that expires after a period of time?

I picked it up last week, and yeah, that game is a riot so far. Can't answer your question about the DLC, unfortunately; I didn't get any of that.

Gaf seems to want Sim City 4, so I'll vote for that.

I'm here if anybody needs help buying anything from the US steam store.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538

Also someone just asked me if World in Conflict is Windows 7 compatible. Everything I see says it is, but I just wanted to be sure before I bought it for him.

Awesome, just added you (I'm Cjdamon042, same as here). I would love if you could gift me NFS:HP as I'd be saving a few quid, which is worth it during these harsh sale times :p

I can PayPal you :)

Wow... I've run out of space on my SSD because of this sale.

Edit: And instead of thinking, "Okay maybe I should stop," I'm thinking, "Maybe it's time for a second SSD?"

:(

blazeuk

Voted Sim City 4, want Anno more, but it's been on before and I passed on it because it was too much then, still the same now.

Carm

The Genki Girl Pack DLC is on sale this time, it wasn't on sale the last time SR3 was on sale. THIS COUNTS AS A NEW DEAL!

Heh I was gonna post about that. Hurry up people, it being on sale may be an accident. ;p

You know you want these only $0.74
ss_4a0e998363ca0597f02eafaedc537a0be14b06b8.1920x1080.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom