• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

Wow... I've run out of space on my SSD because of this sale.

Edit: And instead of thinking, "Okay maybe I should stop," I'm thinking, "Maybe it's time for a second SSD?"

:(

Just out of curiosity, why do you have to install everything you own? I see other people do this too. Just install what you want to play bam, easy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Genki Girl Pack DLC is on sale this time, it wasn't on sale the last time SR3 was on sale. THIS COUNTS AS A NEW DEAL!

Exactly what made me bite:

You now own Saints Row The Third - Genkibowl VII, Saints Row: The Third - Gangstas In Space, Saints Row: The Third - The Trouble With Clones, Saints Row: The Third - Nyte Blayde Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Shark Attack Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Invincible Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Z Style Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Explosive Combat Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Warrior Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Witches and Wieners Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Penthouse Pack, Saints Row: The Third Steelport Gangs Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Money Shot Pack, Saints Row: The Third - FUNTIME! Pack, Saints Row: The Third - Bloodsucker Pack, Shoot Many Robots, Dungeon Defenders: The Great Turkey Hunt! Mission & Costumes.

You can't, they're buff :/

Damn, this thread moves so fast.

It's all in good fun. <3

1-D_FTW

GAF: Who the fuck doesn't own Torchlight. Fuckers be trolling.

*Torchlight #3 on the best sellers list*

I hope that once today's indie bundle ends, we'll get to see a spotlight on Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet before it ends. Only thing in that bundle I don't already own/want.

I'm beginning to think that they actually didn't book any deals for Flash/voting, and instead just booked 12 daily deals every day and chose to distribute a few of them differently.

Pretty much. I think it's best to just look at the voting for previews of what's to come for future flash/dailys.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have to install everything you own? I see other people do this too. Just install what you want to play bam, easy

Makes inventory management easier to be able to exclude everything you don't like by just not installing it.

Megasoum

Banned
I have a feeling that the Just Cause 2 MP mod could have a similar effect to what DayZ did to Arma 2. Probably not as big but still. That's cool to see that.

graywolf323

I find it interesting the way they've handled Saints Row 3 during the sale

when it won the Community Deal they didn't further discount the DLC, when it was a daily they further discounted all the DLC but the newest one and now during the flash deal ALL the dlc is at 75% off including the one that wasn't previously on sale at all

RDreamer

Grr... this is totally awesome. Bought Assassin's Creed II for my Mac during the sale and it just doesn't launch. Icon sits there bouncing up and down, but the game is nowhere to be found...

JaseC

I find it interesting the way they've handled Saints Row 3 during the sale

when it won the Community Deal they didn't further discount the DLC, when it was a daily they further discounted all the DLC but the newest one and now during the flash deal ALL the dlc is at 75% off including the one that wasn't previously on sale at all

Yeah, the latest DLC being full price as the driving force behind me not buying it the other day (or was it just yesterday?)

Wanace

Alpha Protocol is the only game left on my list of REALLY WANTED TO BUY during this sale.

I'm going to end up buying it for 11.99 on the last day, aren't I?

Sins of the Solar Empire should be a bundle sale.

On my wishlist. Want it to be cheaper.

Though I just bought the Steam version of Bioshock, just to have the Steam version.

I have a problem.

Alpha Protocol is the only game left on my list of REALLY WANTED TO BUY during this sale.

I'm going to end up buying it for 11.99 on the last day, aren't I?

Should have grabbed it when it was $2 that one time, like everybody else.

MrFortyFive

It would have been a tough choice between Anno and SC4 but even with an increased discount, Anno would still be too much. Voted SC4. If nothing else, my girlfriend loves the series so it'll give her something to play. Glad to see Steam is giving everyone yet another chance to experience the pure, unadulterated fun that is Saint's Row The Third.

guys i have an unused $20 PSN card code from amazon. anyone willing to trade it for a game of my choosing on steam of equal or slightly less value?

nothing worth it on PSN that i didn't already own for ps2 anyways :/

Lancehead

I wanted to buy Hot Pursuit at $5 but I'm disgusted at the sudden price hike as the deal went up. I know I can request a Gaffer to gift it but, bah, I'm not spending any on this game.

Here's a new one for me: Every game I try to launch brings up that little windows saying game is updating with that little box that says launch automatically when ready, cept it just hangs there at 0%, with all my games.

Tried ccleaning it, and made a new clientregistry.blob but neither worked, any ideas? It happened on a fresh windows restart.

Dambrosi

Banned
Are there any kind Yanks out there willing to help me get N4S: Hot Pursuit?

£1.80 off a fiver isn't half bad :D

Oh, and Anomaly's really good. A "tower assault" game, if you will, with you as the creeps taking on enemy installations along a player-changeable path. Gets quite intense at times. Just beware of the Cockerknee voiceovers - your sanity may vary.

JaseC

Here's a new one for me: Every game I try to launch brings up that little windows saying game is updating with that little box that says launch automatically when ready, cept it just hangs there at 0%, with all my games.

Tried ccleaning it, and made a new clientregistry.blob but neither worked, any ideas? It happened on a fresh windows restart.

Back up your steamapps folder and do a fresh installation of Steam.

At least the voting section is now using games that are thematically the same, thats better.

So how is NFSHP, is really that good? I have it in my wishlist one year now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
voted Simcity 4, even though I've owned it for years.

Holy crap, it came out in early 2003....

That's too long to go without a proper new Simcity....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom