• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just felt like the first one got a bit repetitive. Mainly the setpieces... I would frequently get confused, since everything looked pretty similar. It wasn't like RE4, where every new area looks distinctly different, helping you to remember it better.

I also thought there were a lot of tedious tasks in the first game. It wasn't the focus of the game by any means, but I guess I was just hoping for something a little different.

I'll likely give DS2 a try, though. Because, lol, $5. Why not?

You are in luck the set pieces in this a far more memorable. There is one very memorable antigravity sequence that stands out and I really liked what the game has you do at the ending.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy crap!

mKrXi.png

I've got awesome friends. =)

(I don't know if you lurk this forum, but thanks Dave!)

Salsa

how do I start Harley Quinn's Revenge on arkham city? do I have to go somewhere in the city or should a new button appear on my main menu (dont see anything)?

Was waiting for STALKER Chernobyl but I see Pripyat on sale. Never played either. Should I jump on Pripyat or wait to see if Chernobyl is on sale?

Edit they're on sale. That's what I get for not clicking on it. And beaten.

zkylon

zkylewd
Was waiting for STALKER Chernobyl but I see Pripyat on sale. Never played either. Should I jump on Pripyat or wait to see if Chernobyl is on sale?
edit: what the ninjas said

I'd get SoC for sure, and CoP if you feel like you'll like SoC. Clear Sky is a waste of money having the other two.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I like GOG, and I'm all about DRM-free, but my Steam catalog is essentially "all" of my PC games in one convenient place. Given the choice, I'd always prefer to have a game in my Steam catalog. Especially if it has cloud saving.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy crap!

mKrXi.png

I've got awesome friends. =)

(I don't know if you lurk this forum, but thanks Dave!)
Wow, that's awesome!

MY FRIENDS ARE MORE AWESOME!

Darknessxk

Neo Member
This is unbelievable. I just started up Deadspace 2 and I guess everything is free from the start? I looked it up on Google and I guess DS2 now comes installed with the DLC and you can't uninstall it. Kinda ruins things.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hoping Doom 3 goes on sale. Never got to play that one.
Oh shit yeah, Doom 3 was kinda awesome! I need a sale on it as-well :3

K' Dash

This is unbelievable. I just started up Deadspace 2 and I guess everything is free from the start? I looked it up on Google and I guess DS2 now comes installed with the DLC and you can't uninstall it. Kinda ruins things.

there's a fix, or you can simply not use anything that costs 0 credits.

gotee12

how do I start Harley Quinn's Revenge on arkham city? do I have to go somewhere in the city or should a new button appear on my main menu (dont see anything)?
I had a new button appear on the main menu after selecting my profile. Granted I haven't clicked on said button yet but I do see it.

Salsa

VzKUs.png

jesus christ I cant believe I have to do this shit

it's literally downloading at less than 1kb/s as well

just when you think GFWL couldnt get any fucking shittier

Yoshichan

SIM CITY 444444444 :D

Herb

Banned
I'm over my self imposed limit by 96p. :(

Bought:

Payday
Tomb Raider GOL
Tomb Raider Anniversary
The Binding of Isaac
Two Worlds II
Batman Bundle
New Vegas
Hot Pursuit

(Total 40.96)

Not bad. If I had a time machine, probably wouldn't have bought Payday. Not very active online. :(

Already completed GOL. Damn fine game. One of my personal favorite non-retail games undoubtedly. 100% recommend it.

There's a fix in the Steam forums (it's just a link to download the original unpatched 1.0 .exe).

Tess3ract

Banned
Here's the backstory:

gibbed on SA unlocked all the dlc, because it was all on the disk.

Later, they just incorporated that into the base game wholesale, and never said anything about it.

Yoshichan

I would probably just wait for the BFG edition to come out this fall.
Difference between that and the one available right now :3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom