• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Shark Gun the only worthwhile DLC? I'm looking at the list and have no idea. What about the Season Pass?

It's a fun weapon but it is more of a novelty than anything else. The Season pass gives you access to the three DLC episodes which are :-

Gangsta's in Space
Genkibowl VII
Trouble with clones

If you enjoyed Saints Row 3 it would be hard to see how you wouldn't enjoy more of the same with the Season Pass.

Credo

I haven't played a Sim City since Sim City 3000 ages ago, so I'm pretty happy about a game I voted for actually winning for once!

nickcv

i'm tempted about buying super meat boy, but i kinda remember that there was some thought about porting it to 3DS, and i think i'd enjoy it more on a portable.

was that rumor ever confirmed?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
i'm tempted about buying super meat boy, but i kinda remember that there was some thought about porting it to 3DS, and i think i'd enjoy it more on a portable.

Nintendo turned it down, too offensive.

froliq

Really enjoyed Saints Row so far. Normally I'd say such a game wouldn't be for me and now almost 13 hours clocked. Got me some last minute DLC. Season pass + maximum pleasure pack.

Wazzim

Banned
RAGE doesn't even work? It only shows a black screen after the (campaign) intro, I already tried turning of V-Sync and am using a Nvidia card so it isn't that either..

Ysiadmihi

Banned

Just thinking about playing Super Meat Boy with the awful 3DS dpad is making me physically ill.

HoosTrax

It's not the only one worth getting but it's by far my favorite. I played through the game with it and it was the primary gun I used. So much fun.
Out of all of the cosmetic DLCs, this one is the only one that looked like something I might use:
ss_1cb7f6710fc5953887aebfa3f5d307c8b14e1805.600x338.jpg

Money Shot Pack

The rest just look tacky as hell.

xJavonta

Banned

It wasn't the 3DS, it was the Wii. But I think they said Nintendo had a small file size limit for the game or something like that, so they ended up not doing it.

Trust me, you won't enjoy it more on a portable. Grab a 360 controller and get the PC version. The slidepad on the 3DS is not meant for SMB, you'd end up breaking it or something.

The PC version is better than the Xbox version too, the Internets isn't implemented on the 360 version because of Microsoft restrictions, but it's on the PC version.

Is Terraria like Minecraft?
I'd say there's more to do in Terraria than Vanilla Minecraft. They're both fun though, I'd recommend it if you're thinking about getting it.

pramath

Banned
My haul so far:

1. Medieval 2: Total War Complete
2. Rome: Total War Gold
3. Sins of a Solar Empire
4. Company of Heroes
5. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
6. Sim City 4*

*as soon as it goes on sale in ~2min

Not a bad haul at all, if I do say so myself.

Is the Shark Gun the only worthwhile DLC? I'm looking at the list and have no idea. What about the Season Pass?

The Shark Gun is a nice novelty but not essential (cool to get when it's this cheap though).

Regarding the Season Pass, I felt that you could go either way with it. You can play through SR3 without that content and still get a good experience, or play your main story with those DLC missions sprinkled throughout your playthrough. If you find the DLC missions interesting, get them and play them in-between the main story missions. I played through SR3 on the 360 then got the Season Pass and played the DLC missions as they came, and while it was still fun I feel that one would enjoy the missions more by playing them during their main story to help prolong that experience.

One day I will be able to afford a new computer. The first steam sale after that, my wallet shall bleed. Until then I stare covetously at the things I cannot run on my laptop :(

ImRight

perhaps i should finish the game first and grab the DLC later? (SR3)

it sure looks fancy as X)

IDK bout u but if i finish the main plot of an open world and then try and do side missions n stuff, i just burnt out it sourta loses its appeal to me, i just went all in on SR3 and bought the full pack, its definatley worth it even if there are some semi/useless DLC's,

i like to take my time n finish of sidequests and every time i start getting kinda bored ill go do some main missions....

also to anyone that gets the dlc the Bloodsucker? pack think thats what its called give u a new ability that if you chose it u will lose all the Neck snapping animations , which kinda sucks... Just sayn'

ALSO 1 minute!! BUY BUY BUY

Dafuq.... Wasnt Risen a Community yesterday? is it any good?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

Nintendo turned it down, too offensive.

Oh man, clone tentacles. I thought nickcv answered his own question for a few seconds and was VERY confused.

Funny how that feeling you normally get from subsequent Steam sales of being less excited because you already have a game from previous sales is now self-contained within this single sale.

Valve ingenuity!

Why do they keep repeating the same shit over and over? Do steam sales always work like this? There's plenty of crap that hasn't been on a flash or community vote yet, this is getting lame.

Mikor

Yes but more fun.

It actually has cool loot, fun bosses and a load of different areas and things to do. MC is boring as fuck in comparison. To me at least.

:lol Fable 3, Payday and Darkness. What a joke.

Hey now, Payday is excellent...nothing wrong with another opportunity for more to grab it! Especially considering Fable 3 and Darkness 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom