• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

VzKUs.png

jesus christ I cant believe I have to do this shit

it's literally downloading at less than 1kb/s as well

just when you think GFWL couldnt get any fucking shittier

Wow havent seen windows in another language before seems strange lol ^^

didnt realise ur first language wasnt englsih couldn't tell from your posts dude... seem pretty fluent....

what is that Spanish?

linko9

This is unbelievable. I just started up Deadspace 2 and I guess everything is free from the start? I looked it up on Google and I guess DS2 now comes installed with the DLC and you can't uninstall it. Kinda ruins things.

Yeah, that pissed me of when I started playing, but it's easy enough to just ignore.

Smash88

Banned
I'll just wait for the new Simcity at this point. It's outdated, looks ugly, and a lot of things could be better.

I'M BROKE! $170 THAT WAS ALL I SAVED OVER THE WHOLE YEAR AND WAS DIPPING INTO MY CHRISTMAS FUNDS! SWEET JESUS I WANT SIMCITY!

Razek

Banned
Ummm, no. Rebellion is a standalone expansion AFAIK.

It's stand alone but you get everything that trinity has. You still get sins of a solar empire+entrenchment+diplomacy. You just can't pick and choose which ones to play because they are all activated.

Smash88

Banned
It's stand alone but you get everything that trinity has. You still get sins of a solar empire+entrenchment+diplomacy. You just can't pick and choose which ones to play because they are all activated.

Okey dokey. I still got Trinity over Rebellion, as Rebellion is just an overpriced patch.

Bri

Still on the fence about Company of Heroes. Is it really worth only for the SP only? I dont expect that people still play this online? Not even sure how much time I will spend online, if any.

2€.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Saints Row The Third sale is ending soon. To anyone who may currently be on-the-fence, it's pretty fantastic. Completely silly, but in a good way. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far.

Smash88

Banned
Saints Row The Third sale is ending soon. To anyone who may currently be on-the-fence, it's pretty fantastic. Completely silly, but in a good way. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far.

I second this, when you buy it make sure you include the shark gun dlc. You won't regret it.

Razek

Banned
Okey dokey. I still got Trinity over Rebellion, as Rebellion is just an overpriced patch.

I cant really argue against this. I feel it is overpriced as well. The fixes they do have are great though. The victory conditions were seriously needed to fix the end game from becoming a boring slog.

Minion101

Banned
Still on the fence about Company of Heroes. Is it really worth only for the SP only? I dont expect that people still play this online? Not even sure how much time I will spend online, if any.

2€.
I enjoyed the hell out of that game back in the day. I never played mp cause I suck.

Noema

Anno has already been 50% off during this sale. I'm looking forward to playing it, but $25 is still a bit more than what I'd like to spend.

$5 SimCity, on the other hand...

Sajjaja

Is it wrong I haven't bought anything from this sale yet? I mean... haven't really WANTED anything but I have wanted somethings, like Thief and Hitman Blood Money. Maybe I'll get something when the sale ends on my birthday lol.

Ledsen

2€.

Pretty sure tons of people still play and even if they didn't the sp would be worth full price.

Skytylz

Banned
I got Hot Pursuit downloaded and I was trying to play with my PS3 controller using motion joy, but I have to hold to the right on the right stick because the camera is facing straight left the whole time. I'd use a 360 controller, but than I'd have to buy a wired one or a wireless adapter and screw spending money! So frustrating, it was so fucking annoying listening to that tutorial at the beginning as well. I get it, it's an online leaderboard!!!

thinking on the DLCs they cost quite a pretty penny

I ended up getting all the DLC and don't regret it. The three episodes are pretty fun and full of humour. At the very least you should pick up the season pass which gives you access to the extra missions DLC. The Gangsta's in Space episode had me laughing and smiling, Genkibowl VII had some pretty challenging Genki arenas (but I admit this is probably the weakest of the three but still good fun). The Trouble with clones was a great addon with a fantastically cool final mission that I don't want to spoil.

haikira

Special thanks to the 2 gaffers who helped me get my money back on Just Cause 2 in time to buy Saints Row 3.

How'd you get your money back for it? Out of curiosity?

If you knew some magic trick, to get a refund from steam. I wouldn't mind using it to get a refund for Arkham City.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is it wrong I haven't bought anything from this sale yet? I mean... haven't really WANTED anything but I have wanted somethings, like Thief and Hitman Blood Money. Maybe I'll get something when the sale ends on my birthday lol.
This is pretty much the correct path to take unless something you want shows up on a flash/daily/community deal.

Not sure how many games I'm gonna be buying on the last day. My wishlist is 32 items long but I certainly don't intend to clear it out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I've bought plenty of the SR3 DLC yet I still want the Genki Girl DLC gah. The ones I've gotten with vehicles have def been worth it since the broomstick and hoverbike are like my favorite flying vehicles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom