• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Risen 2 really isn't a very good game, for anyone who is interested. I say this is a huge fan of the original Risen.

I still enjoyed Risen 2 (mostly the dialogue and characters), but the combat, world, and exploration elements are much worse than the original game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck, I have no idea what I'm voting for today :(

Enco

So are they saving the big guns for the last couple days, or is the sale pretty much done now?

I just want Splinter Cell on sale damn it!
I'm guessing it's done. Maybe one or two new things. Not sure what else there is. Arma? Nothing else major.

In other news, I downloaded all my sale games today. 40 GB. ISP must be loving it. Unlimited baby.

I have a gift copy of Dear Esther. anyone interested in trading? I didn't even mean to buy it!

Hoping Peggle goes on sale or something (same price?).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why isn't Minecraft on Steam :(? I want to buy that...

Anyone here a Magic: The Gathering fan? I want to buy 2013 but I've *never* played *any* Magic game before, even in person. Is it accessible for beginners? Does it have a tutorial and all that stuff?

Tess3ract

Banned
If Fable 3 fucking wins this...
I voted for fable even though I wont buy it.
emot-smug.gif

Anyone here a Magic: The Gathering fan? I want to buy 2013 but I've *never* played *any* Magic game before, even in person. Is it accessible for beginners? Does it have a tutorial and all that stuff?

Yup.

As for a tutorial dunno about 2013 but the others do.

nickcv

It wasn't the 3DS, it was the Wii. But I think they said Nintendo had a small file size limit for the game or something like that, so they ended up not doing it.

Trust me, you won't enjoy it more on a portable. Grab a 360 controller and get the PC version. The slidepad on the 3DS is not meant for SMB, you'd end up breaking it or something.

The PC version is better than the Xbox version too, the Internets isn't implemented on the 360 version because of Microsoft restrictions, but it's on the PC version.

I'd say there's more to do in Terraria than Vanilla Minecraft. They're both fun though, I'd recommend it if you're thinking about getting it.

mmm... how does it play with just the keyboard?
i wouldn't want to reboot my mac for this game too, and i don't even know if OS X sees my xbox controller for what it is...

any advice guys?

Smash88

Banned
Why isn't Minecraft on Steam :(? I want to buy that...

No need. If it was struggling like other indie games, then most likely.

I'm sure Minecraft will eventually make its way to Steam, but until then I refuse to play Minecraft.

Minecraft is worth $2 at best. Just a mediocre sandbox java game.

Does anyone love me enough to buy Simcity 4 for me as I am broke?

I voted for payday because I got it for free from a GAFer and when I first tried if before the sale, there were not many people on. More people need to try it out. It's fun when it works.

Cystm

So, I am fucking way too addicted to this shit...

I see this:
iOitPkHySMEgk.png

And my immediate reaction is to assume it's some hidden meta game.

Not: "Oh, image is bugged, that Summer Sale character is a cute way of letting me know that there is something wrong with the image loading."

It's:

OMFG META! GOTTA MEAN SOMETHING DEEPER!
Some uber deal, not HL3. At least I have that much sanity, right? Right!? ...*sob*

iA9Gn8C2TkgXu.gif

Gaben pls.

Lkr

so how is sim city 4? was hoping a game that is ~9 years old would be less than $5, but I am tempted to get it regardless

ImRight

Ohh Please Vote Payday Ppl i missed it last time and have since Been craving it, not to play but i Just NEED it in my collection......

I will actually play it Straight away

I'm guessing it's done. Maybe one or two new things. Not sure what else there is. Arma? Nothing else major.

In other news, I downloaded all my sale games today. 40 GB. ISP must be loving it. Unlimited baby.

Personally I'm waiting for Splinter Cell and Jedi Knight. Other than that I had a good run.

vall03

wait what? there are Fable games on Steam but apparently is not available in my region? Tried playing Fable III on my 360 a couple of months ago but couldn't get into it, oh well not a big loss. Voting for Darkness II since I have no idea which game to vote.

Yoshichan

No need. If it was struggling like other indie games, then most likely.

I'm sure Minecraft will eventually make its way to Steam, but until then I refuse to play Minecraft.

Minecraft is worth $2 at best. Just a mediocre sandbox java game.
Isn't Minecraft like $2 right now though? That's pretty much what I'd pay as-well!

Oh jesus. Usually I only hit the 'You already own this game' thing like once a week, during sales, maybe once a day.

I just got it 4 times in a row!

Just means I'm only buying 1 thing instead of 5!

Omikron

Why do they keep repeating the same shit over and over? Do steam sales always work like this? There's plenty of crap that hasn't been on a flash or community vote yet, this is getting lame.

This attitude gets repeated every steam sale, its getting lame.

I will probably pick up Sins (trinity) today. Been on my wishlist for a long time.

It wasn't the 3DS, it was the Wii. But I think they said Nintendo had a small file size limit for the game or something like that, so they ended up not doing it.

Trust me, you won't enjoy it more on a portable. Grab a 360 controller and get the PC version. The slidepad on the 3DS is not meant for SMB, you'd end up breaking it or something.

Sorry for the derail, but Team Meat was considering porting SMB to 3DS early last year and announced that they wouldn't be going through with those plans a few months later. They are licensed devs and may or may not release something on the system in the future.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, I am fucking way too addicted to this shit...

I see this:
http://i.minus.com/iOitPkHySMEgk.png

And my immediate reaction is to assume it's some hidden meta game.

Not: "Oh, image is bugged, that Summer Sale character is a cute way of letting me know that there is something wrong with the image loading."

It's:

OMFG META! GOTTA MEAN SOMETHING DEEPER!
Some uber deal, not HL3. At least I have that much sanity, right? Right!? ...*sob*

http://i.minus.com/iA9Gn8C2TkgXu.gif

Gaben pls.
I too thought it may be related to an ARG or something. GET OUT OF MY HEAD GABEN

Link Man

Banned
Update time!

Link Man's Summer Sale Totals

Legend of Grimrock $5.99
Ys Origin $7.99
Skyrim $29.79
Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle $3.74
Pixeljunk Eden $2.00
Tobe's Vertical Adventure $1.24
Chantelise $2.49
SimCity 4 Deluxe $4.99

Remaining Wallet Total: $9.28

Wee! Still need to get Ys: Oath in Felghana and hoping Tomb Raider Anniversary goes on sale again. That will leave me with $1.50, assuming Ys doesn't get a deeper sale.

kafiend

Yes to all the above. Don't buy the deck unlocks unless you are impatient. Cards are unlocked through winning with the decks. Difficulty can be turned down so that the AI doesn't play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom