• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here a Magic: The Gathering fan? I want to buy 2013 but I've *never* played *any* Magic game before, even in person. Is it accessible for beginners? Does it have a tutorial and all that stuff?
Its very easy to get into. It does have a tutorial. You can't build decks from scratch like MTGO. You get 10 pre-constructed deck, 8 of them will be locked. Each deck has 30 cards to unlock. You can customize your deck pretty easy in the deck manager once all the cards are unlocked. They added an end phase in this version.
this vote (that just started) was the 20th vote right?

PVuW0.png

did not get achievement :|
It's the 19th poll.

nickcv

Yes to all the above. Don't buy the deck unlocks unless you are impatient. Cards are unlocked through winning with the decks. Difficulty can be turned down so that the AI doesn't play well.

to be fair even on the highest difficulty setting the ai is pretty dumb most of the times.

Lingitiz

This attitude gets repeated every steam sale, its getting lame.

I will probably pick up Sins (trinity) today. Been on my wishlist for a long time.
Well this is the first sale with flash and community deals, and a nice opportunity to get a good rotation of deals is being wasted on games that are regularly discounted. I would love for them to discount games that don't drop in price too often, for a shorter amount of time.

Smash88

Banned
It's the 19th poll.

It's the 20th poll.

Right, because if it was C# you'd pony up the cash.

No it has to do with the effort and just overall amount of content you are getting. The game uses a "retro" look as a selling point for a limited engine, and the game is limited in many things other than being essentially a barebones sandbox game.

By your train of thought, we should be comparing GTA IV to Minecraft, which would make it look like a joke.

Link Man

Banned
Oh, will we be having a hidden gems thread again this year? Would be a nice way to find out what to spend my remaining $1.50 on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Darkness II if you want more people to have a chance to buy what seems to be an underappreciated, fine piece of work.
Voted on Darkness II now.

GatorFan

Banned
Guys there is an announcement from the Summer Sale Community Group every time a new poll goes up that says the number of the previous poll...

Voted Fable III just to troll.

Salsa

I agree with the Minecraft thing sadly. Price should be waaaaay lower specially by now

but hey notch is charging a monthly fee with his next game, he loves dem moneys

KingKong

man I hope that summer camp picture thing and badge turns out to be something cool, I'm a little disappointed by no game achievements

ImRight

Oh jesus. Usually I only hit the 'You already own this game' thing like once a week, during sales, maybe once a day.

I just got it 4 times in a row!

Just means I'm only buying 1 thing instead of 5!

Lol the fact that you hit it on a regular basis at all is just Hilarious !!! Love it!

Major props dude >.<

Jdez15

Banned
Now, my friend keeps making the argument of buying strictly only mulitplayer games on the steam sales, his logic is " I can just burn them" what would you say to him for these remarks?

Burning games as in story only games.

Edit: I refuse to burn games. It aint right.

Tess3ract

Banned
And the sad thing is people will buy it.

Someone gifted me terrarria way back and I liked it but it ended up getting backlogged.

I guess I'm just not into these kind of games.

steadfast

Now, my friend keeps making the argument of buying strictly only mulitplayer games on the steam sales, his logic is " I can just burn them" what would you say to him for these remarks?

Burning games as in story only games.

Tell him to download a car for me.

Also, he must not have a job.

26... as in 26 fucking dollars?

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Really?

Yeah... definitely kicking myself for not buying in during the alpha when you were guaranteed updates forevers and junk.

Good thing Terraria exists.

Anyway.

Thief games!

Which one(s)?

Tell him to download a car for me.

Also, he must not have a job.

Who even bothers burning things to disc anyway? Virtual drives are free!

Smash88

Banned
Now, my brother keeps making the argument of buying strictly only mulitplayer games on the steam sales, his logic is " I can just burn them" what would you say to him for these remarks?

That he is a pirate, that refuses to buy PC games, instead of supporting one of the greatest (if not greatest) platforms in existence. It heads the way in graphics, and we can see what happens when developers think (or want) to blame piracy for all their problems. You are not only taking money away from big developers, but from indie games, as well as making the PC community look bad. That and the fact we are generations behind because a lot of developers see consoles as more profitable (at least to the shareholder). He is hurting the PC community more than he is hurting them. They will just not want to bring optimized, high graphic PC games, and he'll be one of the many to blame.

And the sad thing is people will buy it.

Someone gifted me terrarria way back and I liked it but it ended up getting backlogged.

I guess I'm just not into these kind of games.
I probably would have never played it if not for a friend who kinda dragged me into it and co-oped the entire experience. My impression of it going in was 2D Minecraft, and I didn't like Minecraft because I am a shell of a being and have no imagination.

Though what I got out of Terraria was a lot of fun. In fact we kept the building to the main essentials of getting housing for the various NPCs and the rest of the time was spent spelunkin', combat, and getting loot. Also, the game has awesome spears. Take that Skyrim.

Crayons

Banned
I'm sorry, but I do not know how people can justify $27 for a java game.

Whether or not you like it, it was definitely one of the most influential games released last year. People who got it early got a better price and all updates to the game. It also has an incredibly huge modding community than can turn Minecraft into completely different games.

Yeah this is frikkin' horrible.

It was around $13 if you bought it during the beta. It only got more expensive as time went on.

But I digress. Minecraft won't be on Steam because notch wants all the money, no money taken away by Valve, and it's worked for him. He's damn rich.

Chaos

Anyone here a Magic: The Gathering fan? I want to buy 2013 but I've *never* played *any* Magic game before, even in person. Is it accessible for beginners? Does it have a tutorial and all that stuff?

Yeah I was new to it and learned the ropes with the 2012 version.

Smash88

Banned
Whether or not you like it, it was definitely one of the most influential games released last year. People who got it early got a better price and all updates to the game. It also has an incredibly huge modding community than can turn Minecraft into completely different games.

Influential? How? That more clones that are similar to Minecraft were made that offered nothing to the gaming community? Or that it is a popular indie title that got spread through word of mouth and the casual crowd bit on it like Farmville on Facebook.

I think you are over embellishing what Minecraft is, a plain, mediocre retro themed sandbox with basic building/mining gameplay structures.

Nabbed :D. Thanks.

No problemo. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom