• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh. Okay then, thought I messed up in grammar. Ever since I started studying for the SAT I've started getting paranoid about grammar errors.
Haha, nah man you're cool!

Broken Sword? BROKEN SWORD?!

*searches for it immediately*

HfhBd.jpg

HOLY SHIT it's the fucking entire Broken Sword collection for 2.50 Euro! I'm buying this shit NOW.

edit: Thanks for the reminder Tess3ract!!
wait for daily deal?

Smash88

Banned
Man fuck legos.

Not sure if making fun of me or....?

I'd rather another solution because I'm noticing the new beta drivers (which i don't have) give like a 20% increase to Arkham City on a GTX 670.

I will give it a try

Fair enough. If you can find another solution by all means try it. But I've had this before for some other games with an older ATI card and had to roll back.

Danielsan

Picked up Metro 2033 during the last winter sale and it was all I played for the next 2 weeks. I loved the atmosphere and the feeling of being a survivor, picking up un-cracked gas masks and charging my torch so I don't get lost in the dark. Loved it.
Damn, 2 weeks? Just how long is this game? The gas mask effect is stellar. I love how you vision slowly gets worse as your filter runs out, you start breathing heavier and condensation forms within the mask. The sound effects are fantastic and really get under your skin. Also the fact that ammo equals currency is brilliant. It adds an extra layer to being conservative with your ammo.

Oh fuck yeah, glad to hear you're enjoying it! I have so much shit to play (I NEED TO PLAY JOURNEY NOW!) but I really want to play Metro 2033 the first thing I do tomorrow morning!
Yes you need to play Journey Yoshi. No more excuses! If you do start Metro 2033, give it at least 2 hours or so. Once you get to the Dead City you truly realize how good this game's atmosphere is.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Broken Sword? BROKEN SWORD?!

*searches for it immediately*

HfhBd.jpg

HOLY SHIT it's the fucking entire Broken Sword collection for 2.50 Euro! I'm buying this shit NOW.

edit: Thanks for the reminder Tess3ract!!

Both the first and the second game has been remastered and I can say the additional content for the first one is quite good. It was a daily deal at June for the same price.

Is it worth checking out Thief after all these years? I have a copy of Thief 3 somewhere, but it ran really badly on my shite system back then, so I never got into it. But it's the first two that people seem to mention whenever 'stealth done right' is discussed...

Lyude77

Since we're over halfway there...I'm curious how other people are faring when it comes to the games they wanted to pick up. Have you been able to get what you wanted for the right price already, or are you waiting for better deals/the last day?
(...Did you even make a list before the event at all? Have you just been impulse buying everything and anything?)

This is mine:

crossed off the list
Q.U.B.E.
Trine 2

will buy
Dark Void Zero
Satazius
Splice
A Virus Named Tom (not technically part of the summer sale, but currently 50% off)

might buy
Adventures of Shuggy
Waves
Blocks That Matter
Diamond Dan

it could happen, maybe
Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders
Fortix 2
Waveform
Cogs

only if dropped to 50-75% off
Krater
Yosumin!

The only purchases that I didn't plan on making pre-sale were Terraria and Binding of Isaac. If Krater gets to 50% that'll be another.

I actually didn't plan at all, but it's gone well so far. I've stayed under my budget and gotten game I really like. The only one I'm really looking at that I haven't gotten yet is Tobe's Vertical Adventure. I'm gonna wait on Lone Survivor, and I may get Solar 2 and Eversion eventually/next sale.

Does anyone have Krater? I am going to buy it at the end on sale (Dear lord i will never forgive this world) or not and I am wondering if the dlc for it is good.

PaulLFC

Just bought Railworks... I figured there's only so many 90% off sales I can resist before my curiosity gets the better of me.

Surprised it's 13GB though, does it download all the DLC with it and just lock it off until you buy it or something?

LuffyZoro

I actually didn't plan at all, but it's gone well so far. I've stayed under my budget and gotten game I really like. The only one I'm really looking at that I haven't gotten yet is Tobe's Vertical Adventure. I'm gonna wait on Lone Survivor, and I may get Solar 2 and Eversion eventually/next sale.

I played Tobe, it's not fun. The controls are annoying and the game just isn't very enjoyable.

bryehn

Spent a total of 185.68 on 50 games... I think I'm done

Thankfully, my CC takes a few days to update, so I can't tally right now, but I've bought at least 35 separate titles (mostly SteamPlay).

Haven't really gamed on PC since 2002/3, so most of the stuff I bought is new to me.

Card Boy

Banned
I will give it a try

update: Going into full screen mode breaks it into those crazy textures. I tried replacing the files with the 64bit version as suggested on the Steam forums and it fixed it completely and I even got a massive FPS increase.

Steam overlay doesn't work though with the 64bit version. Any suggestions?

Gbraga

Does the Director's Cut changes the game enough to be worth a consecutive playthrough or it's more about the beginning?

C.T.

broken sword is amazing. Played the first 2 two years ago and loved them. Haven't finished the third though. The 3d (and controls) kind of put me off.

Well, about to break my two day Steam sale dry spell with:

Thief Collection
Fortune Summoners
Sim City 4
and Broken Sword on impulse (even though I've bought way more adventure games than I have patience for this sale).

Time to open up the spreadsheet of shame :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom