• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Any comments on the value of the SEGA collection? I'm only really looking at Binary Domain and Sonic Generations, not interested in the Total War series, and I'm just wondering if folks find the rest of the set to be worth the difference. Especially if there's hidden gems among all those Genesis games.

for the billionth time:

14aa426c027952f72c0b97c49145fe83.gif

done

oneils

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is the top seller right now. Did I miss a flash sale for it? Wonder why it is at the number one spot (I checked the flash deal spreadsheet but did not see it there).

Man, I was hoping Flash Sales would be for games that could never get a daily deal. Like GalCiv2 or Cryostasis for example.

I hope those don't go on, I already bought them :p.

Gal civ 2 is worth a thousand dollars.

I really hope it does, so more people will experience it.

mrgone

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is the top seller right now. Did I miss a flash sale for it? Wonder why it is at the number one spot (I checked the flash deal spreadsheet but did not see it there).

It was the community vote winner this morning ^ What he said :3

ImRight

Wow living in aus with the times of these sales is killing me, I have to be up for the new dailes at 1 am and then once morning comes round gaf's the most active and i have to stay up if i want to get a good opinion on what games r good ect...... Its and endless cycle!!!! ENNNDDLLLEESSSS

*Places head on keyboard *closes eyes... Ohh that's better........ maybey ill just get a lil nap cewipuygbbbbbbbbbfh

i7amo45wJmbiO.PNG

took about 2 hours to get there since it was downloading at 0.3kb/s, and now it is completely stuck.

GFWL is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity and I hope the person who came up with it gets run over by a truck.

My GFWL account was closed when I closed mt windows messenger account. Yeah they are tied together. Now when I try to create a new GFWL profile it wants 2 email addresses or 1 + a damn phone number. Then when I create another email address just for this pos the damned page doesn't even work so I cant create a profile.

Brilliant MS. Who was it around here that was pimping for the latest super awesome GFWL relaunching?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If nothing else tickles my pelvis, I'm going for the Thief Complete pack for today. There's still 2 flash sale shifts coming though @_@

Katoki

Just pulled the trigger on terraria... Sigh* lol

watched the trailer n it got pretty exciting im pretty sure itl be an awsome game to play,
of course ill never play it cause ive got like 45 games on backlog now.......<

No such thing as a backlog. You play what you like when you feel like it.

Hawk269

I know not many liked it, but I would love for them to put Homefront up for 75% off. I played a little bit of the 360 version, but would love to play it on my new PC Rig.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Most definately

Also let me know if it restarts properly for ya, Whenever im prompted to restart it just closes... and stays open in TskManager, and wont reopen, and then i have to end task and re Launch it lol...... its annoying
Are you using Windows 7? The same happens to me whenever I close Steam and quickly try to open it again.

ImRight

No such thing as a backlog. You play what you like when you feel like it.

Good point, only thing is when u have so many game, as soon as one starts to bbore u a little u will most likley change to something else.... and so on and so forth... but sometimes u need to push thorugh a bit of boredome till a game gets better......

But i guess u just have to have a strong will to not move on till its truly boring :D

LM4sure

Banned
Just played CoH for a good hour. It's just as I thought: I suck at this game. I'm enjoying it though. Not sure how much I'll enjoy it when I get past the training missions. But for now I like it.

ImRight

Are you using Windows 7? The same happens to me whenever I close Steam and quickly try to open it again.

Yeah Win7 64 bit,

it only does it to me when i hit the restart button tho i can close it and open it as much as i like... its just when it tries to do it itself its annoying lol >.<

XOMTOR

i7amo45wJmbiO.PNG

took about 2 hours to get there since it was downloading at 0.3kb/s, and now it is completely stuck.

GFWL is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity and I hope the person who came up with it gets run over by a truck.

I believe I remember reading that once it times out and you kill it, it doesn't resume where it left off, it has to re-download everything. GFWL really does deserve all the hate it gets.

ImRight

Can anyone tell me why some of my games keep downloading more files every know and then... Like just now Dirt 2 and PoP warrior without downloaded like 170 mb each?

dont want this to keep happening lol or ill have to buy extra HDD's

Kingven

Summer Damage Total: 177$.. :-S d*-*b

SimCity 4 Deluxe
Sins Trinity
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Dear Esther
Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Trine 2
Tropico 4 Bundle
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Robin Hood
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
Mount and Blade: Warband
Max Payne Bundle
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
HOARD: Complete Pack
iBomber Bundle
Anno 2070 Pack
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Demolition, Inc.
From Dust

Arma 2 Combined Operations (ROW) --- > bought directly from bohemia interactive 25% off..

Backlog= 166 games/dlc/useless mac versions...

Original budget= 70$
Steamid= kingant08 <--- add me

I traded in a game today for some steam wallet cash. The code to enter is on the bottom of the receipt. I enter it in on steam and it keeps giving me an Invalid Code message. Anybody have any ideas of why this is happening?

Salsa

I believe I remember reading that once it times out and you kill it, it doesn't resume where it left off, it has to re-download everything. GFWL really does deserve all the hate it gets.

thing is that it's completely fucking broken now. The GFWL client wont start, tried killing the task, restarting my computer, launching it from a game, everything.

I tried installing it again but in order to do so it has to run the old one and it freezes there where it wont start.

I guess I have to uninstall the client and install it again, but at this point, and with GFWL's history im just ready for it to delete all my game saves after the re-installing.

Seriously fuck this piece of shit. It's been about 4 hours since I decided I wanted to play the Arkham City DLC, it's just a fucking joke.

Cant even imagine playing Dark Souls with this crap, imagine if your save file gets borked there.

ImRight

Can anyone tell me why some of my games keep downloading more files every know and then... Like just now Dirt 2 and PoP warrior without downloaded like 170 mb each?

dont want this to keep happening lol or ill have to buy extra HDD's

Now the witcher 2 just started downloading 1.02 Gb WHY!?!? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom