• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Director's Cut changes the game enough to be worth a consecutive playthrough or it's more about the beginning?

I would say play the original, then play the first section of the Directors Cut.

It adds a prolog that's nice for fans but from a story point of view ruins a lot for new comers.

broken sword is amazing. Played the first 2 two years ago and loved them. Haven't finished the third though. The 3d (and controls) kind of put me off.

3 is filled with stealth and block puzzles, but at least it tries for the tone of the first 2 unlike 4.

Made it through yesterday without buying anything.

Today, though, will probably fall on my sword and get Thief II since I've heard so much about it. May get S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat but I have Shadow of Chernobyl and haven't touched it yet. Would get Risen 2, but considering my purchases already I think I can pass on it and wait for a later sale and get a better deal.

feel

Just bought the train game and I'm eyeing Sim City 4, both games I'll probably never play. I'm definitely one of you guys now.

1-D_FTW

Thankfully, my CC takes a few days to update, so I can't tally right now, but I've bought at least 35 separate titles (mostly SteamPlay).

Haven't really gamed on PC since 2002/3, so most of the stuff I bought is new to me.

If you click on your Steam account in the upper right hand corner and then choose "Store Transactions", your entire history is there in all its infamy. If you really wanna know, that is. Most don't:)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm asking my boss on Monday if I can work overtime.

GABEN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How is SimCity 4? I've always been kinda interested in them, but they seem pretty damn complicated.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes you need to play Journey Yoshi. No more excuses! If you do start Metro 2033, give it at least 2 hours or so. Once you get to the Dead City you truly realize how good this game's atmosphere is.
I will play Journey asap, I promise!

Katoki

I'm just imagining Hanako with a beard now.

I can see it, only except there's the Misha hands at hips stance + laugh. Which Hanako would never do to begin with.

Anyway.. my wishlist is growing even though I've picked up a chunk of the games I wanted in it. Not cool.

Dingotech

I'm starting to get burnt out on the Steam sale...
Get rid of all these repeats in the flash sales and community votes!!

Give me something new to buy! I demand it!

Yoshichan

Terraria... to buy, or not to buy. Is it a game with an actual ending?

dani_dc

I want Dark Void as a daily

that's right.

(thought I already owned it)

Talking about Dark Void only serves to remind me that Dark Void Zero has a 5 limit activation.
Really wish they would patch it out so I could buy it, but seeing as it's capcom there's really no chance of that happening.

I used to play Magic competitively and was pretty disappointed in the first Duel of the Planeswalkers game. Partially because I'm still not over combat damage not going on the stack anymore.

Everyone is in love with 2013, but I have a feeling there's an inflection point where if you're really into Magic, these games are underwhelming. Seems like it's good for people who want to get into the game, want to get back into the game, or people who only ever played casually with friends. It doesn't strike me as a hardcore product. That being said, if it goes on sale, I'll probably give it a shot. I put about eight hours into the first one without even realizing it.

I've been an on-again off-again player since the mid 90s (Fallen Empires), and I adored the original Microprose game, which is now retroactively referred to as Shandalar. Sadly, due to MTGO and a very different philosophy now when it comes to Magic video games, Wizards will never release a game like that again.

Yeah, the Duels of the Planeswalkers are all going to be disappointing after the incredibly rich and fully customizable Shandalar, but they are fun.

It's an easy way to jump in and play a few games without having to spend any money putting together decks, but like I said, I played at the casual level, never competitively. I enjoyed trading for cards, and I had a strict rule of never paying for individual cards after getting horribly ripped off when I was first starting. I would kill for a sealed deck mode like the Spells of the Ancients added to Shandalar (or even booster drafting).

I live in Japan now, and I don't have any of my decks with me and the nearest group I know who play live an hour away, so It's pretty much the only chance I get to play the game, and it's a cheap way to sample newish cards working together without sinking a fortune or a ton of time into making it work.

As far as the damage on the stack thing, I mostly played before the stack existed, so I'm used to LIFO and interrupts. I miss how incredibly overcomplicated those rules got over the years.

Yoshichan

Terreria has as much of an actual ending as Minecraft.
God damn it, so yet another game with 2000 hours of gameplay. Not buying until I fully clear my "backlog".

ShaneB

Come home and see Simcity has won. Terrific! Now only if these sales made EA smart enough to realize they should put 5 on Steam..... :(

I'd marry him. I'm not even joking. DAT BEARD!

capture4niq2.png

gdt

Getting a prompt to close steam and reopen for an update, but I'm DLing SR3. Will it just resume where it left off?

mrgone

I want Dark Void as a daily

that's right.

(thought I already owned it)

I think you can actually play it free through GamersGate. Hold on, I thought I saw it in their Void games

edit: It's there! I havn't actually played any of the free games yet, but from what I understand you stick them in a Void slot on the webpage and then you can download and play it as if you own it. Seems you do have to watch an ad every time you start it up, though :(

ImRight

Getting a prompt to close steam and reopen for an update, but I'm DLing SR3. Will it just resume where it left off?

Most definately

Also let me know if it restarts properly for ya, Whenever im prompted to restart it just closes... and stays open in TskManager, and wont reopen, and then i have to end task and re Launch it lol...... its annoying

Yoshichan

Yep, it'll resume!

gdt

Man, I was hoping Flash Sales would be for games that could never get a daily deal. Like GalCiv2 or Cryostasis for example.

I hope those don't go on, I already bought them :p.

Salsa

i7amo45wJmbiO.PNG

took about 2 hours to get there since it was downloading at 0.3kb/s, and now it is completely stuck.

GFWL is the worst thing that ever happened to humanity and I hope the person who came up with it gets run over by a truck.

ImRight

Just pulled the trigger on terraria... Sigh* lol

watched the trailer n it got pretty exciting im pretty sure itl be an awsome game to play,
of course ill never play it cause ive got like 45 games on backlog now.......<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom