• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Banned
Can someone day which flash deals are on right now? There's one that is unavailable in my region.

Me and Retne posted all the deals above.

Quoting for new page.

Daily Deals:

RAGE - $9.99
Dear Esther - $2.49
Indie Bundle V (Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana) - $9.99
Metro 2033 - $4.99
Iron Front Liberation 1944 - $19.99
Age of Empires III - $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations - $13.59
Men of War: Vietnam - $8.74
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - $2.49

Flash Sales:

Dungeon Siege III - $4.99
Penuldo Studios Adventure Pack - $14.99
Civilization V (includes franchise pack)- $7.49 (ending in 15 minutes)
Europa Universalis III - $3.74

Community Sale:

Skyrim - $29.99 (going on sale in 15 minutes - Mirrors Edge is up for $4.99)

-------------------------------------------------------

You know Steam has an iOS and Android App right?

oipic

Yeah, bit of a bummer that vote, but perfectly understandable that the Skyrim juggernaut would roll on.

Fingers crossed Deus Ex pops up in the rotation again before we're done.

Dungeon Siege 3 won't show up in the storefront if you live in the uk. lol, just scroll up a few posts. I just copied and pasted their post.
Current Flash Deals

Civ V - $7.50
Dungeon Siege III - $5
Europa Universalis III - $3.75
Pendulo Studios Pak - $15

Ploid 3.0

Free copy of Mirror's Edge to the best answer (decided by me) to this question.

You're moving. It's time to get out and see the world, expand your horizons, and meet new folks. But not just anywhere. We're not going to New Zealand or Japan, to London or California.

No, you have to pick a fictional game location to call your home. Now, you're no action hero, so I'd suggest you stay away with places infested by zombies and aliens, or brutal military regimes and evil corporations. Perhaps no game world is without a little strife, but there's surely a habitable place out there.

You just want to live, so tell me a bit about where you're going.

1) Where is it? In what game can you find this fictional location?
2) What does it look like? Give me a short description of the place. Is it high atop a mountain, or on the beach, or what?
3) Assuming you're not being attacked or anything, tell me how you'll enjoy the rest of your days there.

Nothing fancy, just a paragraph, maybe four or five sentences. We're talking something worth a $5 game.

Go.

Golden Saucer

It's gold, inside it's very colorful and have a tone of games and rides. There's a theater, and fair to keep you entertained.

Playing games and talking to people is how I'd spend the rest of my life there. The perfect thing is we have heroes killing the evil monsters outside of the golden saucer, and we can train new heroes via the monster simulator which provide waves and waves of new challenging foes. The best part is it's all simulated so you can't die. Technology!

Is Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword worth it? I see everyone recommend Warband is this one inferior? I've heard mixed things about AoE III as well should I just skip it in favor of other rts?

kitzkozan

Purchased so far:
Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack
Super Street Fighter 4: AE
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's DLC
Europa Universialis 3 Bundle (Complete + 2 Expansions)

Still Waiting On (Aka. "Goddamnit Gaben Gimme Sales" tier)
Majesty 1 HD
Majesty 2 Collection
Stalker: Clear Sky
Kings Bounty
EYE Divine Cybermancy, Won't happen because it was in a Bundle =(

So far:

Alan Wake franchise
Amnesia: the dark descent
Bastion
Borderlands GOTY
Crusader Kings 2
Darksiders
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne bundle
Mirror Edge
Monkey Island special edition collection
Civilization Y GOTY
Super Meat boy
Ys Origin

Some DLC for Total War: Shogun 2 and the total cost is around 72$

Only seeking the Orange box, Half Life anthology, Crysis 2 Maximum edition and Galactic Civilization 2 to complete my PC collection for the time being. :]

Tess3ract

Banned
Ys games have shit jumping arcs. You arc then plummet vertically. That shit sucks. Most games have a curved arc. Also the game is kind of floaty in that after you jump if you're not careful you can slide, which can mean you fall off a platform you were just on easily.

Also requiring you to do a jump then a gliding move that's kind of clunky to do in order to traverse long gaps that are not optional is shit.

Free copy of Mirror's Edge to the best answer (decided by me) to this question.

You're moving. It's time to get out and see the world, expand your horizons, and meet new folks. But not just anywhere. We're not going to New Zealand or Japan, to London or California.

No, you have to pick a fictional game location to call your home. Now, you're no action hero, so I'd suggest you stay away from places infested by zombies and aliens, or brutal military regimes and evil corporations. Perhaps no game world is without a little strife, but there's surely a habitable place out there.

You just want to live, so tell me a bit about where you're going.

1) Where is it? In what game can you find this fictional location?
2) What does it look like? Give me a short description of the place. Is it high atop a mountain, or on the beach, or what?
3) Assuming you're not being attacked or anything, tell me how you'll enjoy the rest of your days there.

Nothing fancy, just a paragraph, maybe four or five sentences. We're talking something worth a $5 game.

Go.

I'm going to live in Psychonaughts Psychic Summer Camp. The weather is always great and life is filled with the endless possibilities of childhood wonderment. I will spend afternoons hunting down arrowheads, compete in pancake eating competitons, and maybe get to the bottom of the squirrel conspiracy. Life is serene and beautiful here. The most dangerous thing is the bear in the cave but he is merely misunderstood.

I'm definitely picking up Yesterday...are the other Pendulo games worth it to just pick up the whole pack? Or should I just get Yesterday?

Jimrpg

there's always an ulterior motive isn't there?

i am guessing steam is selling off our details on the community vote... gabe is smarter than thou

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I like how Lik's profile pic shows up all the time in the "friends bought" section

Edit: Crysis for $6....hmmm..

Speevy

Banned
I like those responses so far. I'll wait to get a few more and decide the winner from those.

I don't want to keep anyone up too late, but if I miss you, I'll send the game tomorrow.

The youtube vids of Deus Ex didn't look too interesting. Is there a color pallet change mod?

Yup. Search for ENB series and you will find it somewhere on their website. Runs like shit on AMD cards though.

And Deus EX isn't a game that would come across well through a short video or trailer. It's a complex but rewarding game with some of the best stealth gameplay maybe ever.

Smash88

Banned
For anyone considering Dungeon Siege III, I've heard really bad things about the game. So buyer beware. Check out the steam forums for more.

WITCHER 2 COMMUNITY! LOL

So far I've spent $45.23, of which $20 was a GameStop Steam card my wife bought for me as a Father's Day gift.

- Legend of Grimrock
- The Binding of Issac + DLC
- Ys Origin (DAT flash sale)
- Ys The Oath in Felghana
- Saints Row: The Thid + a few DLCs
- Cave Story +
- FO:NV Old World Blues & Lonesome Road

Super tempted by the Dungeon Siege collection for $7.50, but I already own DS3 for 360. Picked it up for $15 sealed earlier this year. And I promised myself that I wouldn't double dip on console titles I already own.

I think I've picked everything I wanted except for Civ 5 Gods & Kings. But then I do need something to look forward to in the Holiday Sale, right?

One of the flash deals isn't showing up in my region, can anyone tell me what I am missing. The ones I can see are Cvi 5, Europa Universalis 3 and the Pendulo pack.

Also, this is a tad off topic but I am just starting Fallout NV and the ultimate pack has dumped a ton of good but slightly game breaking equipment in my inventory. Is it save to just dump this stuff in a storage container somewhere. I want access to it in the future but I feel it is making the early game just too easy for my liking at the moment.

Edit:Scratch that 1st question, just read that it is DS3.

Koroviev

Ys games have shit jumping arcs. You arc then plummet vertically. That shit sucks. Most games have a curved arc. Also the game is kind of floaty in that after you jump if you're not careful you can slide, which can mean you fall off a platform you were just on easily.

Also requiring you to do a jump then a gliding move that's kind of clunky to do in order to traverse long gaps that are not optional is shit.

So you just started Origin.

Dizzy-4U

Batman is blocked for me, but I can still vote for it. Yeahhh, thanks microsoft. Voting the Witcher because everyone should give money to CDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom