• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Semi-dissapointing night, but I can't complain after Fallout last nighy. I'll wait until the Winter Sale for Crysis, still too much.

Are you fucking kidding me? If Risen 2 wins it'll only get 33% off? They're fucking crazy

I know, its a shame because at 50-70% off I'd actually buy it, especially because 1 would also go on sale and I still need to pick it up.

Vote went to Witcher, just so more people can pick it up.

Chinner

Banned
i think i'll wait when it comes to crysis 2. tenner is not bad, but i dont think the SP will be worth that even the graphics are amaazing.

edit: please stop trying to turn the steam sales thread into a thread about halo. there are like 4 threads about halo dude.

Zoc

Free copy of Mirror's Edge to the best answer (decided by me) to this question.

You're moving. It's time to get out and see the world, expand your horizons, and meet new folks. But not just anywhere. We're not going to New Zealand or Japan, to London or California.

No, you have to pick a fictional game location to call your home. Now, you're no action hero, so I'd suggest you stay away from places infested by zombies and aliens, or brutal military regimes and evil corporations. Perhaps no game world is without a little strife, but there's surely a habitable place out there.

You just want to live, so tell me a bit about where you're going.

1) Where is it? In what game can you find this fictional location?
2) What does it look like? Give me a short description of the place. Is it high atop a mountain, or on the beach, or what?
3) Assuming you're not being attacked or anything, tell me how you'll enjoy the rest of your days there.

Nothing fancy, just a paragraph, maybe four or five sentences. We're talking something worth a $5 game.

Go.

I think I could do pretty well for myself the land of the dead from Grim Fandango. Maybe I'd work in a bakery making the special bread for the death celebrations (as the only living human, I'd need to eat, after all). I see myself mostly just staying home in beautiful aztec/art moderne apartment, going hiking in the petrified forest on weekends. Don't think I'd want to stay forever, though.

Koroviev

wheres just cause 2 and arma 2 deal. i already got arma 2, but so many people obviously want it.

"Lord GabeN is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

Reposted for the new page:

Nothing fancy, just a paragraph, maybe four or five sentences. We're talking something worth a $5 game.

Go.

I wrote up a huge 3 paragraph about why I would pick the Nexus from Demon's Souls, but I got Mirrors Edge ages ago through EA's site, so I'd rather someone else get it, even if I weren't a shoe in.

Very cool contest though. Really like the concept.

Crysis 2 yea or neh oh and WItcher 2 is getting my vote because people NEED to play this game..and i hear risen 2 sucks...( is that true..anyone?)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got the vote 15 badge achievement, woot

Steam Summer Sale 2012
Elevated Carpenter (complete two more tasks to upgrade your badge)

Picked up RAGE despite pretty much all advice saying not to. I love ID games and I am fucking loving this game, put in an hour and a half and it's already well worth the $10. The graphics are absolutely stunning and while not every single texture is great, it has a certain photo-realistic quality to it that is incredible on top of each and every nook and cranny having a unique hand drawn feel to it. I know the ending is probably gonna suck, but I am a little baffled as to why this game got so much hate other than people just don't seem to like ID games anymore. I'm not even using 8k textures, rig is too old.

tylerf

Go.
This is easy. I'd live in Kanto from Pokemon. It looks like a pretty normal place, except Pokemon everywhere. I'd live out the rest of my days catching them all, and becoming a Pokemon master. After I defeat the Pokemon League I'd retire to Vermillion city in a house by the ocean.

OniShiro

Banned
Aw yeah, thanks. Strange that. We seem to have the flash deal afterall, we just have to work for it (maybe its just the iOS app)

You are welcome. I've heard 3 is not very good, but since it's the only way to get 1 and 2, can't be that bad for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom