• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword worth it? I see everyone recommend Warband is this one inferior? I've heard mixed things about AoE III as well should I just skip it in favor of other rts?
If you have never played M&B just get Warband. Only buy WFaS if you've played Warband enough that you want something new in the same style. Hope that helps.

Greyslash

Neo Member
I want to pick up the Thief Collection, but I'm going to wait until the last day, because knowing my luck, It'll go on sale even cheaper.

feel

Wow, first 3am Flash deal that delivers for me! Bought the Crysis collection and voted. Good night everyone!

Jimrpg

Crysis 2 flash deal 75 percent off

i saw it for 1 second, but then when i looked at it again it said it wasn't available in my region... truly a flash sale (just checked again on crysis 2 - maximum edition page that it is 70%.... hmmm) will try later tonight when i get home.

lots to buy today... i've really been holding off but gonna unload tonight

bought crusader kings 2 on the weekend and was going to get cave story+ but decided against it.

gonna get tonight

AC: Brotherhood $5
Age of Empires III Complete $10
Pendulo Adventure Pack $10
Crysis 2 if available $12
tobe's vertical adventure $1.24

tons of other games i want but im going to keep it to slim pickings and make sure i play through some of them

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How? I didn't even get it. And I've been voting every single day! WHAT IS GOING ON GABE!

FG5Pn.jpg

Lain

Just woke up, checked the flash deals and I see that one's supposedly not available in my area, I look at the US steam store on my browser and it says it's Dungeon Siege Complete pack. Then I do a search of the store through the client and it shows me the Dungeon Siege Complete pack that's on offer and it can be bought. Why then on the front page through the client it says it's not available in my area, if searching for it has it available for purchase?! So weird.

CTE

Was going to buy RAGE on Steam, but the size scared me away. Then, I went to Walmart and checked out the PC games and shit. Lo and behold.....RAGE for 10 bucks. Perfect!

Voted for Witcher 2, as people seem to not get enough of it.
I thought it was inferior to the first Witcher on so many levels.

Remember to go register it on GOG as well, to get a kick-ass DRM-free copy though.

Katoki

This time it is NOT a sign. I don't have enough to buy Witcher 2 this time around, need to hold off for the 6 days to come.

kitzkozan

Jesus... they will repeat everything except for Super Street Fighter IV! WHYYY!

Now that I think about it, I would rather have the PC version given how adverse to discount the console industry is (especially with digital content) . I don't think the AE DLC has ever been on sale on the Xbox so far. Not only that, I would have to buy 2 complete costume pack for like 30$+ along with AE DLC priced at 15$ wtf? The alternative is AE on steam+ every costume for 16$. Even the PS3 version had a discount at one time where everything was half price (still more expansive than the steam offer, but decent effort at least) .

Salsa

maaan if I get both Crysis 2 and Yesterday I end up with 20 bucks for the rest of the sales, and there's a week left

damn, I even got a bigger budget than what I thought (wich was planned on what to get) and still cant make it through, shit.

I think Yesterday's gonna have to sit this one out, even though i'll totally regret not gettin it.

edit: or maybe Crysis 2 sitting this one out? OH GOD I DONT KNOW

Popstar

Splitting the difference and getting the Crysis Maximum Edition (Crysis + Crysis Warhead) for $9. Crysis 2 can wait for another sale.

Also, Vote 15 times task showing as done.

Good to see some creative Australian pricing for the Crysis pack.

Individual games are cheaper than the US, yet the combined pack is more expensive.

Well played.

TGMIII

Yeah I've voted on everything and haven't got the upgrade badge yet either, hopefully it will sort itself out eventually.

Tempted to grab the Crysis pack but I've already bought enough this sale I think.

Speevy

Banned
Golden Saucer

It's gold, inside it's very colorful and have a tone of games and rides. There's a theater, and fair to keep you entertained.

Playing games and talking to people is how I'd spend the rest of my life there. The perfect thing is we have heroes killing the evil monsters outside of the golden saucer, and we can train new heroes via the monster simulator which provide waves and waves of new challenging foes. The best part is it's all simulated so you can't die. Technology!

I've decided this is the best entry. I liked all your entries though.

What is your Steam ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom